Sam's Club

Profile Unclaimed

cashier customer service

Current Employee - Customer Service in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

good benefits if fulltime.

Cons

no overtime, no time off and no discount card like walmart. if previous walmart you dont get paid equal or more.

be more honest with memebers that work with... ne true less grouchy.

Cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Cashier in Dayton, OH

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working with good people and easy to move to different areas in the store

Cons

They really stay on you about selling plus and credit. Management

Great people, horrible management.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

-Made many great friends
    -Free membership

Cons

-Extremely understaffed
    -Rude "members"
    -Favoritism
    -Too much work for one person to handle
    -Lazy management and associates
    -Unfortunately the core values are nothing but lies
    -Lack of respect for the individual

Get off your butt and work! Don't sit on your butt the whole day and sit in the managers office. Speak to your associates and ask what problem can be fixed; stand behind them when customers treat the associates horribly. Lastly, RESPECT!

Upgrades and Two year Contacts. Third party Provider.

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Good Pay. Great Friends. Good learning Experience.

Cons

If part time they work you just barely under full time. Don't give much off time.

Its Alright so far

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Management Support, They will continue to guide you to learn how to manage the register

Cons

have to sell plus membership

nothing

40 hours not enough

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

1) The majority of the managers actually care about the workers and work with them to become better people both on and off the clock.
    2) Safety is a priority

Cons

1) There are multiple conflicts between leadership heads of various departments causing top down problems for workers. 2) Somewhat "minor" infractions of sop get blown out of proportion often without consideration of the big picture.
    3) Infighting amongst most floor level workers and equipment hoarding/negligence resulting in wasted time management looking for said equipment.
    4) With the amount of devotion that a lot of co-workers even managers have to their jobs, they get underpaid imo. I'm talking about the ones who are at work everyday, who hardly miss a day if ever. Merit raises should be reinstituted.
    5) God forbid you get hurt on the job. The company will try to burn you and get rid of you as quickly as possible if they can.
    6) The day shift is frequently short staffed to keep payroll down, which directly affects productivity. A lot of times there will be only three workers to cover the entire floor which often results in the aforementioned productivity issue. If a member wants something that is in our reserve steel, it takes three people to pull that item down with a forklift team: a driver and two spotters. There is often a list of things to pull down usually which takes time to complete and while the only three scheduled workers are pulling stuff down, their usual work is not getting done. A lot of times the lift team spends 15-20 minutes pulling something down because of customer traffic on the aisles that need to be blocked off, which is why I say pulling things down can be a chore I'm itself. The actual job itself is not hard, but the working around customer flow is what takes up so much time. If we had an extra two or three floaters for each shift, things would go much smoother.

For those of you that work with us and correct us (floor level associates) instead of just canning automatically, I tip my hat to you. You are what makes the company what it is. Those of you who are passionate about what you do inspires us to work harder. Keep it up.

Cart Attendant and Gas Station Attendant

Former Employee - Cart Attendant in Easley, SC
    Former Employee - Cart Attendant in Easley, SC

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Being able to help members and communicating with them..

Cons

Not having the proper tools to perform the job..

None..

Under paid

Former Employee - Fork Lift Operator in Hot Springs, AR
    Former Employee - Fork Lift Operator in Hot Springs, AR

I worked at Sam's Club (more than a year)

Pros

Easy money, work at your own pace

Cons

Not enough money if u enjoy the finer things

work with the team

Liked the job but frustrated with apparent lack of organizational skills of management.

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

I was worked at the membership department signing on new members, handling membership issues, returns and exchanges of purchases, I enjoyed dealing with the customers or members. I worked well with fellow employees and enjoyed my time schedule as I was able to work out my availability according to hours and days. I enjoyed my ability to help others and to work where in other departments as needed.

Cons

I many times experienced much frustration due to what appeared to be a lack of training or experience from management. The floor managers seemed to be confused very often as to my scheduling and to what department I was assigned. Although I worked exclusively most of the time at the membership desk, I many times needed to be assigned to help other departments. . Many of the floor managers seemed condescending to us when we at the front desk and needed approval for certain return items as we were not allowed to approve the return ourselves. We were following protocol as dictated in our training. Many times we had to ask for our breaks and lunches on a daily basis instead of having relief scheduled.

To ensure a smooth running company, the executive officer (top management) needs to be aware of all actions regarding every department. Observing on a daily basis the actual occurrences of managers, employees and members would be a great way to keep things running smoothly. Looking inside the clockwork of the company including any underlying issues and any underground activity would ensure a fine tuning which always goes a long way in keeping the correct time and the right management.

Its a bigger challenge every day just to get to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are good about working with my school schedual. For the most part the Coaches on the floor seem to be easy to talk to. For the most part I like the people I work with. They offer us health insurance, 401k and stock options.

Cons

Management is slow to fix staffing issues when people quit or get fired. Some days I feel like im being asked to be 5 people. Some days staffing on the floor is lite. Lots of times in the morning there might only be a 2 or 3 floor associates on the floor until the closing crew comes in at 1:30 -2 most days.

Solve Staffing issues. Its ok to make a profit but not on the expense of your employees sanity. Dont treat your team leads like they are slaves. Its not ok to have a person transfer to a new store for a team lead position then turn around and transfer back to their previous store and take a demotion. This is the prime reason I do not feel I will be working in this company much longer, or taking any promotions.