Sam's Club Reviews

1383 reviews filtered by

1. cashier

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

give you lots of hours, nice availability offered

Cons

this company does not hired full time position I was told they cant afford to pay full benefit and the liabilities to insured employee. heavy hard lifting for cahiers u stay until midnight zoning store until you passed out and throw blood with patigue of working here too stressful environment does not give any good raise not pay they make sure you work as triple for paying you $9. an hour, you will get in constant trouble and send to the office and written up if you don't sell or convince 1 shopper per day to upgrades there membership or open a credit card with them otherwise you are out of the job. not a good plae to work management does not care for there employee... only upper management whom get most of the benefit for this giant retailer.

Advice to Management

they don't care as long as they get paid and get good hours .

2. Not that bad

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Benifits, time off, associates, team work

Cons

Hours, hiring, location, support, location

3. Good work environment with the ability to progress if you really want to.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

relaxed worked environment with no dress code. Depending on your job title very flexible work hours and scheduling. Depending on how the company does a good bonus every year. Great open door policy. If you are a good worker you can get a raise every year even tho your pay might not be what you want

Cons

Pay but its a walmart company so you cant complain. Depending on your position it might be hard to get off. Favorites

Advice to Management

stop letting team leads just be order givers and actually work also along with their coworkers

5. I have worked as a cashier, self checkout associate, and membership associate.

Current Employee - Member Services Associate
    Current Employee - Member Services Associate

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love how the atmosphere is so inviting and fun. Supervisors and managers make coming to work exciting and members for the most part can be friendly. Sam's Club feels like a big family at work.

Cons

Members some times have a bad temper and can rash out on associates. Some feel we should do anything for them because of membership fees.

6. Cake Decorator

Former Employee - Cake Decorator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Cake Decorator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible weekly scheduling for students, training provided, low-stress atmosphere, but also, low pay ($10/hour). A good job if in school, and fantastic if single - good work/life balance.

Cons

Hard to get time off for big life events, the physical demands of loading/unloading 50+ boxes catches up with you after a while.

Advice to Management

Management should be more enthusiastic about spotting hard workers who want to grow with the company and support their advancement within the company. A happy work place is a productive workplace.

7. I loved being apart of the Sam's Club family. They have great benefits and opportunities to move around 8n the company.

Current Employee - Cashier, Optician
    Current Employee - Cashier, Optician

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

The best company to work for especially when you are young. I started working for this company when I was 20 years old back in 2000. They offer great medical insurance, a 401k, and ooportunities to work in different departments and move up.

Cons

When you are in retail sometimes you have to work weekends but even then the hours at Sam's Club are reasonable.

8. Great Company to work

Current Employee - Membership Associate in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Membership Associate in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best reason to work for Sam's is that you save a lot of money while shopping there and it a family environment to work

Cons

Some of the challeneges are it always busy during the day.

Advice to Management

Management always has open door policy but sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't.

9. Valuable Experience but more suited for college students, parents and others looking for part time work

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (more than a year)

Pros

6 hour shifts and part time. Sometimes there were fun events to do, especially when there were items that required cooking fresh items.

Cons

A lot of unnecessary pressure of a corporate work environment. Morale and support from upper management was nearly non existent. No bonuses or overtime, and there were slow periods of time where three shifts per week didn't happen and received one shift per week. Inconsistent schedule, no performance reviews or raises.

Advice to Management

Sam's Club and Crossmark employees work much better and with more passion when upper management is more supportive. While there were some managers who were able to balance the good/cop bad/cop management style there seemed to be a lack of general support that would have increased morale in the workplace.

10. Cashier/Rotisserie

Former Employee - Cashier in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Cashier in Manchester, NH

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

Some managers were nice, albeit clueless. A job for teenagers and young adults in school. Aim for a job not on the floor such as HR or Accounting.

Cons

The company doesn't care about you, though the occasional supervisor will show some care for your wellbeing on occasion. The credit cards and plus memberships are pushed too hard and are nothing short of a scam. It's a sales job without the commission. Be ready to be constantly pushed to sell memberships and credit cards and have your job passive-aggressively threatened on a daily basis for it.

Advice to Management

Realize that while your workers really are just cogs in the machine, that they're still human and will be more than happy to quit without notice when pushed too far, much like I did. They won't regret it, they won't look back, and they will spread their horror stories to all who will listen, especially potential replacement peons.

Cashier at Sams Club

Former Employee - Cashier in Holland, OH
    Former Employee - Cashier in Holland, OH

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

most of my coworkers were really friendly and you got a free membership and the costumers were friendly for the most park. i liked shopping there

Cons

the management was not good. and the people above me took advantage of their authority and i wouldn't get good hours or get time off that i needed. i felt abused by the one girl above me and when i brought it up to the supervisor i was told i just have to take it.

Advice to Management

try to work better with your employees and really think about what they have to say and how they feel. this will make them happy and make them want to stay.