Samsung Group Reviews

980 reviews filtered by
3.1
Samsung Group CEO & Vice-Chairman Dr. Oh-Hyun Kwon
Dr. Oh-Hyun Kwon

Pros
  • Relatively good salary/remuleration/treatment comparing other Korean companies (in 59 reviews)

• Great to learn the cutting-edge technology (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is a joke - if you want to shorten your life by half come work here (in 110 reviews)

• No Work life balance - expect to work 60-80 hours every week if you don't want to fall behind (in 40 reviews)

Samsung Sucks

Current Employee - SSoftware Engineer in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - SSoftware Engineer in Noida (India)

I have been working at Samsung Group

Pros

good salary. Bus facility. Good name of Brand samsung as everyone knows it.

Cons

Korean culture. They makes employee a labor who can never protest.

I don't think advice it gonna affect anything.

Worst company ever. Do yourself a favor and do not join Samsung

Current Employee - Product Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Samsung Group

Pros

Salary is above average. That´s the only pro.

Cons

No carreer development opportunities.
    HR department is a joke, they do not have any active voice inside the company
    Korean culture is very bad... if you are not a Korean, they consider you as a lower level human being and treat you as their slave.

Waste

I have been working at Samsung Group

Pros

Nothing pro here.. Just makes one unemployable

Cons

Poor projects, no planning, unusual deadlines

Keep going

Not a good company to work with

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I worked at Samsung Group

Pros

Learn hardware stuff with some good exposure to factory production

Cons

work-life balance not there,People slog .At the end of the day they lack output

Horrible

Current Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Samsung Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Co workers will feel like a family. But ofcourse that can be due to the same stress and abuse we are all receiving.

Cons

Management consistently will threaten your job to "motivate" you. Even though you are a hourly employee they will continue to give you work to do at home. Higher management is direct samsung employees all they focus is on sales and numbers when our actual job tittle doesn't say anything about it. Don't trust Mosaic HR they tell samsung everything, they much rather keep their contract with samsung then protect employees; so you are eventually targeted and just end up getting fired. They will make it impossible for you to request time off and will not pay your for sick days or personal days if you do not tell them every detail as to why you are sick. They pay is good but not worth the headache and stress. My warning to you don't do it.

Just close it down, samsung is a great company but the employees (Area / district / market managers) from Samsung end is a disaster . Mosaic hired some great people but they won't stand up for their employees so what's the point.

Should be the Last (choice)organization you should think of joining

Former Employee - Deputy Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Deputy Manager in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Samsung Group

Pros

Current Brand Image ; Location in a Metro and on the ring road ; Transportation ( Bus) and Lunch Provided

Cons

Do not value employees/people
    Poor work-life balance
    A lot of Office Politics
    Incompetent Management
    Lay Offs - Especially in Samsung Research India, Bangalore -- It is done in a very different way -- Your Appraisals / Ratings are spoilt and then forced to resign . Hire in Excess ; then do this

Treat people ( Employees ) well. Koreans are Not the Superior Race --- That is a Pathetic thought --- There are people much better than you. Value your employees and you will grow well - Else Decline is certain.

8. samsung.....

I have been working at Samsung Group

Pros

good value and icon and smell

Cons

low salary and not creatively

Soul Destroying Place to Work

Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Samsung Group (more than a year)

Pros

The only benefits are the pay is relatively good, pension, car, healthcare & dental plans.

Cons

Nightmarish place to work. Promises all but delivers nothing. Extremely hierarchical Korean company that wants to be globalised but refuses to make any changes. Internal communications & tools in 'Koreanglish'. Endless pointless reporting, no one wants to make decisions on anything. Local empowerment discouraged, never felt I could be fully responsible for my job - spent much of the time explaining what my job was to senior Korean staff with zero experience. Promotion based on age rather than ability. Staff turnover highest I've ever seen in any company. In the end, made to feel like a robot with no mind of your own. Everyone in my team hated working here and were all looking for new jobs.

Allow people to take some responsibility for their work - you will get more out of them! Put local people in each subsidiary in management positions. Stop allowing internal corruption to go on. Treat people like humans instead of robots. Get rid of the culture of fear and unreasonable deadlines or targets. Be free and open with information! If you don't change, you will soon lose your market position as people realise your inability to globalise.

10. Mediocre, rigid culture opposed to change

Former Contractor - Senior Research Engineer in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)
    Former Contractor - Senior Research Engineer in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I worked at Samsung Group as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and decent Pay. As a foreigner , u get free housing which is nice and unique.

Cons

Leadership and managers lack any real talent or interest in doing innovative work. All they do is track others work and report. Completely unwilling to change.

The software culture sucks and processes don't exist.

Not a good place for foreigners if you want to enhance knowledge.

Only good side is Money which appears useless after 1-2 years.

Make engineers do engineering and less management.

Help people become good at something rather than helping their boss look good.

Shocking! and Service related business is deliberately outsourced to a company who have no sense of employee benefits

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Samsung Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Get to know some innovative products and how they flood the market with 100s of products in a year

Cons

The basic problem is the company culture which doesn't match with Australian culture. They just know how to work till you die! No work life balance. I worked for samsung through another outsourced company for over 4 years and during that time I have seen how the managers are so busy meeting their KPIs, how they try to make the Koreans understand something but do something totally different. Managers are busy back stabbing each other to stay in the company! Not many managers survive their due to the company culture! I have seen more than 10 managers coming and going in few years! It's just beyond my imagination that such a big company has such a fragile management system and have no sense of work life balance. Managers are completely disconnected with the junior employees! When they are told to do job cut, they ask employees to know what they do on a daily basis and make a decision based on that! Regardless how good you are, you can be sacked if you don't have good relationship with your manager.

If you don't believe me, try to find out 5 employees out of 100+ in the service decision who has been working for samsung for more than 5 years!

If you want to compete with Apple, at least treat your employees a little better than what you do and try to understand different country culture. I can give you hundreds of examples on how you lost millions due to having bad culture and not following Australian consumer law properly first and later ended up giving away free upgrades or refund!

Keep an eye on the guy who is your technical escalation point now in Australia. Who simply believes ' keep the Koreans happy, and if You replace phones without repairing, I lose my KPI'. whereas there are hundreds of cases where because of him we ended up repairing a device multiple times followed by replacing as customer fought hard as per ACL ( Australian Consumer Law). Waste of time and money when you have major fault and keep repairing specially for corporate clients.