Samuel Shapiro & Company

Samuel Shapiro & Company Reviews

Updated May 27, 2014

Marjorie Shapiro

Good Starter Company

ProsSmall company, lots of visibility with upper management. Casual company culture. Flexible hours. Not super corporate, little brown-nosing required. General family feel. Will learn a lot in and have lots of control over your success.

ConsLimited potential for growth since company is so small. Lateral growth seems to often be blocked by current managers. Compensation is underwhelming. Inconsistent treatment of employees across departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will continue to lose talent until you start compensating more fairly and creating incentives. Also a good worker does not equal a good leader.

Fun and exciting place to work

Import Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe biggest pro I can think of working for this company is the people. Everyone works as a team and gets along really well. Great culture.

ConsThere is not much training put in place and opportunities for advancement is limited. The location is not the best as it is in downtown Baltimore.

Caring, Family-like, Fast-paced, Well-established Customs Broker and Freight Forwarder

ProsIt feels like a family. It's a unique group, lots of fun but we all work very hard and a lot is expected of you.

ConsVery high expectations and can be a little stressful but the pros outweigh the cons for sure.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

engaging, demanding, and fast-paced

Import Coordinator (Former Employee) Dulles, VA

Prossmall company with tons of room to grow if you want to work hard, be challenged and love logistics.

Consit was too fast-paced for me.

Advice to Senior Managementsometimes it is hard to absorb all of the training, instruction, coaching and information that you give to us when we first start.

Tedious and unimportant.

Global Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIt is a paying internship that is flexible to allow you to go to school and make decent money at the same time.

ConsThe role is tedious as you are continuously browsing shipping sites for the same shipments that you already tracked in the days previous. The company is disorganized and taught me almost nothing because every other day there was a change of plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet management to sit still and understand that interns are there to learn and work not just browse the Internet. If you are not interested in teaching intens just pay the money to subscribe to the shipping websites.

imports

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Prosfamily feel, casual dress, flexible with PTO (most of the time, see cons), most clients are great to work with, good for a first, very entry level job to learn time management and problem solving

Consredundent work, micro-managed, during busy season PTO very limited, some business practices seem rudimentary, is either very boring or very stressful.

Advice to Senior Managementa bit more direction in where operations level employees can take their careers

Worked for Samuel Shapiro & Company? Contribute to the Community!