Samuel Son & Co.

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wayne K. Bassett

needs more employees or shifts for work load

Warehouse (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prossome friendly staff busy shop

Consbad managers and shortage of warehouse personel

Avoid if possible

Laborer (Former Employee) Gary, IN

ProsOnly pro about this company is they hire felons and employ people on work release.

ConsManagement has too much going on and does not recall conversations with employee's. Very low wages for work they are performing. 9.50/hour for company making parts for railroad cars operating presses and machines.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no idea where to start.

A tough road.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe pay and the benefits were good. Very easy to take off time when needed.

ConsManagement screams and cusses at the employees. Fights are a very common occurrence. There seems to be a lot of passing the buck.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management really needs to take a look at the direct they are taking this branch. Try to actually work as a team.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company is afraid of change!

Sales (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsGood Benefits
    Pay is decent
    Life balance is ok

ConsManagement is very bad at communication
    Training is all over the place.. the trainer is stuck in the 70s
    "Fearless" Sales Manager has no respect from any of his sales reps
    This is a very old boys club.. good if you are at the end of sales career otherwise don't bother

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed infrastructure! Better communication.. Stop overselling promises you can not keep

Big Organization with little room to grow; Failure to communicate

I T Department (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsGood benefits for this $5B company which makes lots of profit $. Stable company that invests in technology.

ConsYou can be clipped at any time; Multi-layered management and poor communication detract from productivity. Everything requires the proper submissions or paperwork to get something completed. Too much "Big Brother" for the size of the company. There are many long-termers in the top spots, don't expect vertical growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better, refrain from blatent lies and deception.

Worked for Samuel Son & Co.? Contribute to the Community!