San Antonio Community Hospital

Updated January 29, 2015
Updated January 29, 2015
2.8

CEO

Great Hospital to work for!

I worked at San Antonio Community Hospital

Pros

Very intelligent Staff and Management team. I was able to continue to learn something new everyday on the job. They were very accommodating to their employees.

Cons

The only challenges that I found at the time was that there were a lot of good candidates for each position so it was hard to move up.

Nursing leadership lacks trust in subordinates

Former Employee - Telemetry/PCU/Post Cardiac Care in Upland, CA
    Former Employee - Telemetry/PCU/Post Cardiac Care in Upland, CA

I worked at San Antonio Community Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A handful Great recruiting staff are always willing to go the extra mile for your pt's and fellow staff

Cons

Middle management quite frankly are all better off set out to be eusthanized. Many lack The vision and know how to motivate staff to want to make a change for the betterment of patient outcomes and patient satisfaction and all this can be achieved I'll Beit not as easy as it sounds but staff can only be outstanding when they are at work. Simple equation to remember Happy Staff will always result IN increased patient satisfaction scores across the board....and patient wise there is no difficult patient just professional staff that can't make a meaningful connection and establish a personalized approach to catering to a patients idiosyncrasies. Happy peppy staff will alwYs results in increased patient satisfaction and overall satisfactionacross the board given the proper prep time.

Get some new blood into specialized teams you want movers and shakers that of been exposed to different management styles that are more geared towards staff and their happiness and eagerness to me but they are part of the best in the class individuals think outside of the box and they can produce results for the building of a solid culture that is patient centric. Get rid of the battleaxes that were obviously promoted because it gets them off of the front line where the biggest impact and first impressions make or break rthe all important word of mouth advertisement. Lastly the way acuity is determined is not in any way a direct reflection of how much work must be invested into Ny one patient demographic. Get rid of the ethics hotlines as they are a complete and total waste of time in my experience. Especially when the accused are the ones conducting there own investigation where the will find no wrongdoing ever and will manipulate sample sizes to conveniently not include the sample state that shows where the wrongdoing occurred.

Now the joke that is in place called the ethics line....not such an ethical service and is rather a disservice to those of of us that what to be heard to improve a not so effective program