San Francisco Art Institute

Be The First To
Add Photos

Supportive environment for tutor

Peer Tutor (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsPositive group of students and teachers. Flexible schedule. Highest paid student job on campus.

ConsSome difficulty managing schedules and appointments.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think this was under way as I left, but a more comprehensive appointment booking/scheduling system might be helpful.

too many politics for such a small organization

Preferred Not to Say (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosstudents and faculty-- a pleasure and a joy to work with

Consego-driven administration
    low pay, long hours, not much thanks, and never ending reactionary policies
    high number of visiting faculty--who have been there for decades without benefits
    low number of tenured faculty
    high tuition for poorly functioning or non-working facilities

Advice to Senior Managementnothing that i say would help. they believe they know all the answers.

Major changes for the better

Administration (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsA real "team" working to serve terrific students, artists, and the Bay Area community. Smart, effective, lovely co-workers. Spectacular history, historic building, best views in the city. Plans for exciting new grad studios and gallery on a pier in SF Bay. Plans to hire new tenure faculty.

ConsHistoric building has major drawbacks: often cold and damp; many windowless offices. Financial constraints of a dedicated, nonprofit art institute. Impacted full-time faculty.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise more donated dollars to improve learning and work spaces. More scholarships for struggling students.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

WTF

Visiting Faculty (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosthe amazing view of the bay, great cafe'; engaging students; free parking

Consantiquated chief financial officer; the politics, the ass-kissing Dean, dysfunctional senior management team;

Advice to Senior Managementis the sfai curriculum relevant for today's or tomorrow's technology?

dedicated and hardworking employees make this place a joy to work at

Painting Coordinator (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosthe faculty, students and staff. The campus is located in Russian Hill and over looks San Francisco Bay to east, Coit Tower to the south

Conshorrible upper management, no real insight to what the day-to-day struggles are of the staff. Everything is top down.

Advice to Senior Managementhave more meetings for staff and faculty to get together and discuss issues. The information and know-how from the us worker bees is a wealth of knowledge, but rarely heeded.

Tutor

Tutor (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFreedom of expression in campus

ConsChanging management and policy frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay faculty more, with students paying so much, both groups have unrealistic and unmatching expectations.

SFAI Student Work

AV Monitor (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsNice to work with people you know.

ConsThe salary is really low

Worked for San Francisco Art Institute? Contribute to the Community!