San Juan Regional Medical Center

Rick Wallace
1 Rating

1. Good place to work, politics terrible

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Farmington, NM

I have been working at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, free parking, decent cafeteria, many opportunities to transfer interdepartmentally, free gym, multi cultural environment

Cons

nurse bullying by other nurses, management weak and does not address the problems such as low morale that this creates. Employees encouraged to "snitch" on each other and then rewarded for such behavior, favoritism , and management turns a blind eye to legitimate issues. Bottom line is all that matters. Non union.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is going on on your units and stop with the favoritism.

2. NOT RECOMMENDED TO WORK IN! RUN!! Or you'll turn PSYCHoo and be admitted.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Farmington, NM

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PROs: Camaradere and team work among staff, okay benefits, there are ALWAYS job openings due to fast turnovers, experience so you can move on to a real job, a pretty hospital, decent cafeteria food

Cons

For the few years I worked here, there were a lot of staff turnovers. The common knowledge was that, they were let loose. I ran as fast as I could as I felt like I was next on the chopping block. I felt like I was targeted, like my ex-colleagues. And I just got out right in time. Another one was fired, months after I left. At staff meetings, suggestions by staff are rudely denied by manager. Meetings often focused on staff who made mistake, embarrassing them and when someone dares to defend the person being bullied, he himself is also criticized. When an issue is brought to the attention of the manager or even up to the higher ups, employee will be seen as trouble-maker and the administration will be watching your every move waiting for you to make a mistake, then threaten to or "hint on" firing you. Even after a year of leaving, my colleagues, who are still working there are asking me to write a letter telling how I was harassed, to support them on their rally against the manager and are AGAIN filing a complaint to the higher ups. Lots of Nepotism too, especially in the administration (bestfriends slash neighbors, cousins, daughter-in-laws to father-in-laws, mother-daughter), thus workplace unfair politics and favoritism. You have been warned. CONs: Non-union workplace, Politics, PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE UNIT MANAGER, NEPOTISM thus favoritism, the upper administration protecting their own, disgruntled coworkers, ridiculous salary ($20/hr newgrad RN), no job securilty

Advice to Management

You are losing good employees who could be loyal and dedicated by your poor management! Read review above!

3. SJRMC has been a good place to work over the past 20 years.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Farmington, NM

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are very good. Moderately sized hospital allows for transfer within departments and many career choices for all health care personnel.

Cons

Too many layers of management doesn't allow for transparency of troubled departments. Lots of politics within this hospital are ignored.

It's all about who you know - lack of leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, NM

I worked at San Juan Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On sight cafe and good benefits

Cons

Being assessed "occurences" when family emergencies or sickness keeps you from going to work. Reaching 8 occurrences with the threat of being fired at the 8th is ridiculous! Supervisors pick and choose who to give the occurences to - all depends on who you know and a lot of butt kissing.

Advice to Management

Frequent assessment of department employee's satisfaction of their supervisor should be done. Too many department employees complained of the same treatment from their supervisors as well as in my area.

Meets almost all of my expectations of what being a medical caregiver is all about!

I have been working at San Juan Regional Medical Center

Pros

Patient care and satisfaction is the number one Priority! They care about the staff as well, providing the little extras like a $50.00 quarterly bonus for perfect attendance, that lets you know you are appreciated too!

Cons

Surrounding town, but they are working on improving and beautifying the area with the River walk just down the street from the hospital

Advice to Management

A more comprehensive evaluation of the Urgent care center could be done. Center could be much more efficient and financially beneficial to the hospital with some upgrades,( ie. EMR, more accurate billing of services and supplies rendered, etc.)

RSS Feed </> Embed