SandRidge Energy Reviews

James D. Bennett

1. bad compensation.

Current Employee - Lease Operator in Andrews, TX
    Current Employee - Lease Operator in Andrews, TX

I have been working at SandRidge Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work Schedule. 10 on 4 off

Cons

Micromanaging, don't want to hear the truth about what's really happening in the field. Pay sucks compared to industry standard. Fairness in pay. hiring new employees at higher rate than older empoyees. will not correct this problem. even with recent "raises" experienced employees are training people that are making more money. VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees right and pay them fair. You just don't pay older employees less than new hires and expect them to train in-experienced people who make better money. Very bad ethics. Field employees work their butts off to make production, but don't see any return.

2. A waste of four years of my life.

Pros

Fast growing company with great benefits . that changed real quick

Cons

No communication between departments in the field or between the corporate office and the field. Dropped the 401k match from 15% to 10℅ and bonuses from twice a year to once a year. The worst part is the management period. The worst is in Midstream Measurement. However the issue is across the board. I have never worked for a company before that their department managers had no knowledge or experience in their departments roles and responsibilities. To be a Sandridge energy midstream Manager all you have to do is forward emails. All the real talent jumped ship already and the skilled employees that are still there are being fired for no good reason. BEWARE OF SANDRIDGE MIDSTREAM. The worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your field assets. From poor judgment in picking your field managers you will continue to lose all of your skilled employees. I personally was fired for the first time in my life just because my new manager did not like me. Now I am looking forward to Devon.

3. Worst job I have ever had

Current Employee - measurment tech in Alva, OK
    Current Employee - measurment tech in Alva, OK

I have been working at SandRidge Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Spend little time around my manager. And more time around skilled sub contractors in the field.

Cons

No communication in our department. My boss/ manager will not even answer my emails or phone calls. I have been a measurement technician for several years and my piers in our midstream measurement department are the least knowledgable/skilled I have ever worked with. manager does nothing and everyone else spends all day trying to find someone else to do their job for them. All the real talent has left or been fired for being qualified to do their job.

Advice to Management

My advice to my manager would be to be a manager. To upper management please make our midstream managers do their jobs. Not just forward emails

5. Meh..

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at SandRidge Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and bonuses and vacation time

Cons

Management micromanaged and there lacked any kind of quality initiative

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging

6. Land admin

Current Employee - Anonymous in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Nothing but terrible management of company assets and kept lazy people

Cons

All of management overpaid and lazy

Advice to Management

Sell the company

Welcome to the Jungle!

I have been working at SandRidge Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, good pay/ benefits

Cons

management on ipads all the time looking at nonsense! leaves work to worker bees with little or no direction, hostile environment!

Advice to Management

care about your employees, no team morale! give them advice, training and the help they need to get the job done. they will be much more loyal.

8. Look Elsewhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Great offices for most employees (accounting is in sub par offices). There are several outstanding professionals, managers and a couple very good executives. Cheap cost of living in Oklahoma and above average compensation. Event tickets for free.

Cons

Lack of executive leadership, ethics and communication. Empire building is the most obvious strategy employed by the company. No one wants to tell Tom bad news or even news that is not as positive as Tom is perceived to want.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate! Put the blackberries away, set aside a full Saturday to lock yourselves in a conference room and talk....talk about the company, strategy, industry, or just nothing in particular. No large agenda, just a 10 hour day together until people feel more comfortable providing their true thoughts to the group.

9. Confused management

Current Employee - Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at SandRidge Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Lots of potential upside. Great pay.

Cons

Management has nearly no direction from a micromanagement standpoint. They understand the broad strokes, but little of what should be done to get there.

Advice to Management

Role definition is very important in a job. Currently, proposed additions in workload are just picked up or given out randomly.

10. Run away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at SandRidge Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, central location in downtown, and several opportunities to give back to the community, and tickets to the OKC Thunder.

Cons

This company had a lot of potential. Due to poor management in Accounting and other areas, the morale and good people have all left the building. Repeated complaints to HR from several different people regarding the same issues in different departments goes in one ear and out the other. The upper management is totally disconnected from reality and if you like micro managers, this place is for you. Even recruiters know their reputation and it just keeps getting worse. They brag about community involvement yet allow management to treat their people poorly. It's not worth the $$. There are several good companies in OKC that have a positive work environment. Look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Not sure there is any advice to give middle/upper management except you treat your people terribly. I used to think that Tom was good, but he's let this continue with constant turnover and complaints to HR.

CEO can't be trusted, is greedy, and doesn't see anything wrong with making $25MM/year

I worked at SandRidge Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice fringe benefits: Thunder tickets, gym on-site, discounts at local restaurants

Cons

Completely unpredictable management decisions. Zero structure in certain departments, resulting in no accountability for any level of employee. Most policies literally seem to be made up as they go along. HR is full of 20-something girls who don't have the slightest clue about either the oil and gas business or how to run an HR department.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you want to do and do it. Stop trying to trim costs when it comes to employees, while not being willing to give up your ridiculous salaries. Don't tell people you're worth $25 million dollars the week after you've just laid off almost 60 people. And don't deny that over 60 people losing their jobs is a layoff to begin with.

RSS Feed </> Embed