Sandals Resorts Reviews

1. Love it

Current Employee - Reservations in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Reservations in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sandals Resorts

Pros

Offers great Benefits,Commission,Travel,Pay,Flexible. Great company.

Cons

Schedule.
    Little room for growth.

Advice to Management

Try to get more on our level so you can understand what is really going to benefit the employee and the company.

Miserable and Degrading

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sandals Resorts

Pros

Getting to work from home.

Cons

Management is horrific. The majority of management is uneducated in leadership, so they rule by fear as dictators, and give no respect to lesser employees, they openly berate and embarrass them. They greatly favor Jamaicans, and if you are Jamaican you will have a better chance of being promoted or hired, because they are a Jamaican owned company.

Advice to Management

Put management into equality and leadership training.

3. General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager in Montego Bay (Jamaica)
    Former Employee - General Manager in Montego Bay (Jamaica)

I worked at Sandals Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Passionate about Guest service. Tropics. Beautiful destinations. Company likes creative people. Good motivation. Direct contact with business owners.

Cons

Long hours. No location stability, moving between islands. Hectic schedule and changing program. Limited involvement with sales and finance.

5. Extremely hard work, but a great experience.

Former Intern - Intern in Castries (Saint Lucia)
    Former Intern - Intern in Castries (Saint Lucia)

I worked at Sandals Resorts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Working in the Caribbean provides an amazing workplace location with friendly local cultures and a strong emphasis of exceeding guests' expectations.
     - Given genuine responsibility and completed projects and tasks that tested my skills and helped me to develop dramatically in just under a year.
    - Working closely alongside high level management enabled me to experience a variety of opportunities and challenges that aided my core soft skills.
    - Mostly friendly and helpful employees who go the extra mile in almost every circumstance.
    - Able to experience various operations within the organisation ranging from customer facing roles through to back of the house departments.
     - Treated as an equal rather than just an 'intern'.

Cons

- Intern pay is extremely low and not at all comparable to that of England.
     - Occasionally the workload given was overwhelming or extremely hard to complete within the given time frame.
     - Deeper structure needed for the Intern programme, does not have all aspects covered or policies in place to solve common issues.

Advice to Management

Some higher level management figures need to be more co operative with line level employees to ensure that targets are met rather than sticking to just one leadership approach to achieve a task. Generally management is excellent. A significant emphasis to develop the internship programme to incorporate interns from all over the world into a unique Caribbean culture would be helpful.

6. My experience was remarkably great the restaurants an staff r wonderful an friendly.

I worked at Sandals Resorts

Pros

My reason for working at sandals is their staff r like family the attraction,restaurants,their rooms r like ur own little castle excellent room service wonderful dinning staff breath taking sites an attractions love their entertainers an for d kids u have d saesame street character everyday is greater than d day b4

Cons

My most challeng working there would be trying to hold my composer cause being around these staff an managers it just pushes an give u the zeal to grow an move up more an more frm the position that u were in.

Advice to Management

I would advise the managers to make the staff bus more convenient for the trainees

7. Excellent!!

I have been working at Sandals Resorts

Pros

They value their team members. They care and treat them with respect

Cons

Remote location always has challenges with getting products no matter what company you work for

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job

8. Equal benefits

Current Employee - Fitness Specialist in Williams Moreland (Jamaica)
    Current Employee - Fitness Specialist in Williams Moreland (Jamaica)

I have been working at Sandals Resorts

Pros

Employee becomes resilient after working for company.Employee Training is partially free depending the level of employment , buisness travel is almost or at times free,

Cons

Doesnt provide staff meals that are healthy to job related activites , differing pay scales through resorts of the company. lack of benefits provided by company based of ethnic backround and conflicts of interest from executives , internal affairs carried out by a personal aspects rather than by buisness aspects, also contracts seem to be strategized in exstortive wording toward veteran employees, . t

Advice to Management

Executives should be physically healty presentable, open minded , calm , leaving personal matters away from buisness decisions, realistic no ego present and also bring in true professionals for managerial positions innovative individuals also fairly deal with employee scenarios with no personal attachment, executives should learn about each and every job description daily function and perform it before being given job at high executive level , and executives should make more ways for cash incentives.

9. OK experience but room for improvement

I worked at Sandals Resorts

Pros

Great marketing and beautiful properties in fabulous locations.

Cons

Lacking in providing employees with required tools to work efficiently. Management is disorganized and does not communicate well across the various properties. Also there is an apparent preference for oversees managers rather than using qualified locals to fill some positions.

Advice to Management

There are qualified service professionals within the countries that you operate. Utilize their skills efficiently and some of the senior management needs training to be true professionals.

10. Management Shift

I worked at Sandals Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is fair, benefit take a long period to chip in.

Cons

HR management, no formal job description, performal appraisal not done. structured career project line not formal

Advice to Management

Implement formal management processes.

11. I worked as Executive Chef Great Management strategies, exellent F&B product

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Montego Bay (Jamaica)
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Montego Bay (Jamaica)

I worked at Sandals Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, professional, high expectations consistent product delivery

Cons

only in Caribbean regions, aggressive budget

Advice to Management

Great career opportunities, references of quality