Sanderson Farms

Sanderson Farms Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sanderson Farms Chairman and CEO Joe F. Sanderson Jr.

Joe F. Sanderson Jr.

Wonderful, progressive, growing company with superior management.

Management (Current Employee) Laurel, MS

ProsExcellent opportunities to excel with great benefits and salary. Must be willing to work and sacrifice to achieve these opportunities. There are enough resources to to get the job done.

ConsCould become cornered into a dead end job with no opportunity to advance in some departments. Overall this is not a big problem but it does exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership of company is a strong point. Compensation could be better in some departments. Benefits are a strong point that does not need to be changed.

Good benefits, bad management, lack of communication

Supervisor (Current Employee) Waco, TX

ProsExcellent benefits, good pay, but...

ConsLack of communication, waco plant is out control, they fired a lot of people in the last months, due to very minor things.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease came and audit our plant

You will always get 40 hours a week

Assembler (Former Employee) Kinston, NC

ProsTo help this company grow and make great product

Conslearning new jobs i did anything they ask me and they liked that i could any jobs they put me at.

Advice to Senior Managementlike that i work hard and came in do my job to my best ability

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An unsafe place to work

Bagger (Former Employee) Waco, TX

ProsThere are no pros at this place.

Consworking with a lot of pain

Advice to Senior ManagementTell their supervisors to treat people as human being not as a machine

Overall a decent place to work

Control Room Operator (Current Employee) Collins, MS

ProsGood benefits steady 40 hours a week leadership an culture varies per location

ConsEven though they claim to promote inside the company once you get on a position they like you at its very hard to move up any more even if you are highly qualified for the open position

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the job open to the most qualified person even if its going to be hard to replace the person applying for the job

Different and cold

Debone II (Former Employee) Bryan, TX

ProsThe pay . Get paid every week and they give you a raise 30days and then 90 days

Consget write up for any little thing and they just put you anywhere and everybody looks at you cause you new

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Too cheap they don't wanna buy supplies....

ProsWork experiences will make u a hard worker, good money could be better, and great benefits for you to get...

Consnursing system not good, they don't give a d*** if you are breathing or not as long as nothing happens to the chickens they're good...

Good benefits, and great company who wanted to work in the poultry industry but...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, awesome for fast n hard learners. Not working too many weekends compare to the other poultry company. Also the have a good amount of paid holidays including your own birthday.

ConsUpper management have poor communication. Poor communication was shown everywhere throughout the plant.
    Need to work some weekends and the upper management will inform the workers and the lower management in the very last minute. Also salary employee did not pay for any overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease communicate with the lower management (not just the hourly employees). Communication is talk but not yelling and screaming and cursing at the lower management and totally not in front of the hourly employees.

My experience was an great experience at Sanderson Farms

Specialty (Former Employee) Kinston, NC

ProsI enjoyed working at sanderson farms because of the coworkers that i had, also the work i done was a joy.

ConsThe downside to working at Sanderson Farms was that they was not organized

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice that I would give would say to become more organized

So Glad To be Out of that hell hole

Debone/Wing Cutter (Former Employee) Kinston, NC

ProsWeekly pay which isnt worth the effort it takes to make it!

ConsWorked in Debone Supervisors are horrible and dont care about you! Cold, Wet, Stinky, They hire a lot of criminals and child molesters, if you are not sleeping with a supervisor you won't make it there long. Very Very poor management. They treat you like children and talk to you like you are slow. 12 minute breaks that you rarely get! Just a horrible horrible place to work ! Plant need to be shut down.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn that everyone there is an adult and that you can be fired as quickly as they do! If someone asks to go to the nurse dont get MAD let them because in the long run you are saving thier hands.

Worked for Sanderson Farms? Contribute to the Community!