Sandoz Reviews

Donald W. (Don) DeGolyer

Not good

Former Employee - Packaging Operations Manager in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Packaging Operations Manager in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Sandoz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I would say the best thing is the upper managment.There great

Cons

They don't care enough about their employees

More hands on training

Wouldn't recommend a long-term career here.

I worked at Sandoz

Pros

Pay and benefits are good. Lots of great people to work with.

Cons

Some horrible managers that do not treat employees with respect. Culture is hire contractors so we can lay people off whenever.

It is extremely important work that employees do. Contractors are not invested in the success of the company. If you want quality work = quality products, hire people for the long-term that will really care.

Great Experience

I have been working at Sandoz

Pros

Good Co-workers and working environment

Cons

time constraints for fast pace work

nothing

Not a good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Sandoz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are about the only good thing about this company.

Cons

To much overtime with poor planning of work flow. The company was best when it was Geneva but now has a very poor work environment with most new employees not staying. The expectations are unrealistic and many times cannot be met. If you are good at your job you will probably be stuck in that position with no promotions. Some of the management can be very unprofessional and don't know what they are doing. I have seen good employees be fired for small mistakes or maybe even something that was not even their fault. If you are a new hire you are usually a temp threw an agency and it takes about a year to get hired on if you get hired at all. I don't recommend this company unless you are desperate and have no other choices. I am sorry to be so negative but the truth hurts!

You need to start promoting people who deserve to be promoted and stop keeping them at the same levels for years an years. The training is awful you need dedicated trainers who don't have to worry about getting the production out. You need to treat people the way you would like to treated with respect.

Great if you like doing emergency slide deck prep

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Sandoz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some very nice people in certain departments. Their products are free on the prescription plan if you need them.

Cons

Where to start... My Manager could best be described as a vicious Rottweiler that barks orders faster than a Chihuahua on speed. Directors spend over half their time on slide deck preparation. Underlings spend insane amount of time providing data for said decks. Not much value added work has been done in years. Top down edicts have demand & supply plans in chaos. A culture of fear is pervasive and turnover is sky high. Contractors will never be hired to full time but why would they want to be?

At some point you need to let people get their jobs done rather than have everybody working endlessly on the latest outlook. No thought seems to be given to the cost to prepare the reports you ask for. I saw an outside person come in to do an assessment of a department.... They only talked to the directors and VP. They are the problem!

Narrow Margins-Narrow thinking culture

Former Employee - Manager Corporate Network QA
    Former Employee - Manager Corporate Network QA

I worked at Sandoz as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Diversity of product line. They make many forms of drugs. Decent Benefits (according to perm. staff). If you can talk smack-you'll be promoted quickly. If you hide things so that you look like you are 'wining' you'll get an executive position. If you're good at what you do-you'll be rewarded with taking on more than you can handle and solving problems that management should be dealing with (and they'll take the credit). If your in Managment-your job is cake.

Cons

Culture is one of fear (constantly worried about loosing your job), non-transparancy, and unrealistic workloads. Exec leadership is driven by the "German way" of thinking, which is very dictatorial. No quality culture-what is left is barely clinging on. Leaders are chosen based on their ability to talk BS and Kiss backsides, you will NOT be promoted because of your technical or soft/leadership skills. NJ is a new building for HQ, so they're building their sandcastles there (which means that if you work for a Network or Corp. function in a different location your job will be eliminated so they can hire local candidates near Princeton. NJ candidates, be wary-you'll have to work in an OPEN cubical environment-you'll have 2 days "etiquette" training and no privacy at all. Sandoz is yet another German firm that treats people like they are in a labor camp. I'd look elsewhere-many fantastic people have already left on their own. If you are a contractor, note you WILL NOT ever be hired, even if you are more than qualified. And your contract will not be extended more than 3 months (15mo total) not matter what they promise you-legal stops it).

Clean house from DIR level up. Let American leadership have control over products being imported into USA-even if they are made in foreign countries. Take a full view account of your potential acquisitions BEFORE you buy their quality problems. Invest in people and your manufacturing facilities-Junk India operations and staff (they just don't care about quality or people). Give people the freedom to make things better. Make leadership accountable for the long term. Invest in an IT network that actually lets you do your job. Stop outsourcing QA functions-they have no investment in the drug products because you're not investing in them or their job. Hire people that bring diversity of skills and experience into the job-not a "perfect fit'-HOW MANY FDA 483 Warning letters do you need to get to decide to act? I could go on and on....

You'll be working 3 people's jobs because they just quit...

I worked at Sandoz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only positive experience I have had here was when we volunteered for the community. People enjoyed coming to work on that day.

Cons

No one enjoys working here. You constantly hear "I can't wait till I can go home and drink" or "why isn't it Friday?". They expect you to work 50+ hours on salary with no work-life balance or extra benefits. Holiday parties are employees only during work hours. Moral is lowest I've ever seen.

Start aiming for quality instead of quantity. Try caring about your employees and not just the bottom line and see what happens to your horrible moral and culture.

tough environment to work

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Sandoz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits, pay is little lower than standard

Cons

on call 24/7 unrealistic expectations. large rate of turn over

change the culture

Tough performance culture but opportunity to be entrepreneurial

Former Employee - Director, BD in Florham Park, NJ
    Former Employee - Director, BD in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at Sandoz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have latitude to try new things and propose projects and strategies. The management is interested in empowering people and their comfort grows as you develop tenure. Coming in you have limited credibility unless you come from another Novartis company.

Cons

If you do not perform in whatever capacity you are at risk. Particularly true under the previous (George) regime and particularly true if you manage a P&L. You will be working long hours and have a good deal of uncertainty to deal with.

Consider setting better expectations. Need to develop an integrated global culture and brand from within.

Work opportunities

I worked at Sandoz

Pros

Provides career opportunities to their employees and support growth within organization and company with job rotation, talent reviews and trainings

Cons

Even though salaries are good when compared to competitors, as being in generic sector it is not as good as other pharma companies.