Sandoz

Be The First To
Add Photos

Donald W. (Don) DeGolyer

Work opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProvides career opportunities to their employees and support growth within organization and company with job rotation, talent reviews and trainings

ConsEven though salaries are good when compared to competitors, as being in generic sector it is not as good as other pharma companies.

Horrible management!

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe few nice people that I worked with.

ConsClicky and deceitful management and team lead. High turn over. Contractors for life so don't expect to get benefits or to be hired on.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the worker bees! They're the ones on the front line and in the trenches while you guys sit in nice offices behind closed doors.

Good exposure to generic R&D

Prosexcellent infrastructure, synergistic collaboration with Novartis on various levels

Constoo much politics and lack of clear career pathways for different levels

Advice to Senior Managementstreamline responsibilities and accountabilties to avoid personality clashes at higher management levels

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

the perfect storm

Prospay and benefits are good

Consmanagement is incompetent at its best. They run company and employees like a rollercoaster out of control. Rules and policies change like the wind.Extreme and stressful work enviornment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo terrorize another company

Growing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGrowing company; well supported by Novartis

ConsNeeded better and consistent leadership

concentration camp!

Packaging Operator (Former Employee)
    Broomfield, CO

ProsChristmas gift card best gift

Consno open door policy, temps treated differently than full time employees

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees requests, comments and concerns!

Horrible middle management

Chemist (Former Employee)
    Wilson, NC

ProsGreat coworkers, good food in the cafeteria, benefits are competitive.

ConsSupervisors have little to no people management skills. Some are so afraid to admit that they don't know what they're doing that they'd rather scheme to fire employees than learn from them. Poor communication skills. Supervisors never around to provide assistance because of meetings, however still find a way to delegate their work, and micromanage.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinterview anyone with a title of supervisor or higher, and get rid of most of them, or find another job for them. This is especially true of the Quality department,and should go all the way to the site director. Also don't allow people to solely interview a friend for management positions.

Extremely Unpleasant Work Environment

Operator (Current Employee)
    Broomfield, CO

ProsSteady work schedule, opportunity for overtime, allowance for required footwear, "secure" facility so you don't have to worry about your personal or vehicle's safety, adequate PPE provided and is generally a safe work environment,

ConsInconsistent mandatory overtime, unprofessional work environment, no support from managers/supervisors, very difficult process for making simple improvements, low pay, 12 month temp to hire period, insignificant pay raises, lower level employees (especially temps) treated poorly, extremely high turn around. In the time I was there I saw many many temps and regular employees get hired then fired/quit within a very short time frame. Small mistakes will get you fired and replaced by someone who doesn't know what they're getting into. They use deceptive techniques that make you think it will be a good place to work long term. Career employees that have been there 10+ years share the same feelings. Random security screenings/searches that will make you late to where ever you have to be after work or late to your work area which affects the product.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to work better with employees and listen to concerns and suggestions. Equipment and facility need to be updated and repaired. There were a lot of improvements being made during my time there and it was good to see that.

Great time, love my job!

ProsHelpful employees, good communication. Given a lot of responsibility even as an intern and had the opportunity to feel like you were making a difference in the company. I loved everyone I worked with in my group and learned a lot about a company and industry I knew very little about before becoming an intern. I felt very comfortable asking questions and was always directed to the correct people to help me out. Got the opportunity to work with people outside my department and learn a lot about the company overall.

ConsA lot of bureaucracy, hurts the decision making process. Also, interns aren't considered regular employees so you can't participate in some things.

Bias Management

Buyer (Current Employee)
    Wilson, NC

ProsCommunity driven - great opportunities for volunteer work in the community

ConsPoor management - incapable of recognizing and rewarding dedicated employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within

Worked for Sandoz? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sandoz reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sandoz CEO Donald W. (Don) DeGolyer. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by Sandoz employees.