Sandvik

www.sandvik.com

Sandvik Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014
Sandvik – Pune – “Sandvik Asis Pvt Ltd”

Sandvik President and CEO Olof Faxander

Olof Faxander

Great place, even better people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milford, CT

ProsAwesome work environment. Everyone got along well. They were very lenient in every aspect of the work day as long as you got the job done.

ConsLack of communication and teamwork. The company was bought out and EVERYTHING went down hill from there. HR is a joke. Favoritism is prominent, if you aren't one of the favorites you wouldn't survive the place.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes. Employees get away with the most ridiculous things there.

Great company to work for, work life balance is strong.

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Mebane, NC

ProsThe work life balance is well above average. Sandvik is a great place to learn about manufacturing. They value their employees and promote from within.

ConsThe office politics can be annoying. They are somewhat rigid in their structure. The salary was less than expected. They follow the mother plant's guidelines with little question.

Not The Best Job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Westminster, SC

ProsGood pay, thats about it!

ConsManagement, shift hours are constantly changing, they love to play the blame game, and often get the person to blame wrong

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want your employees to be happy, listen to them, and dont treat them like 2 year olds.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT at Sandvik

Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) Toms River, NJ

ProsNice atmosphere, not much pressure.

ConsCompletetly unorganized, not good pay raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to give more insentive to grow with the company, almost too hands off.

Some good, some bad

Engineer (Current Employee) Westminster, SC

ProsNot a lot of overtime required, competitive company with global relocation/travel opportunities, invested in training employees. Sandvik as a whole is an excellent company to work for, with involvement in the community, excellent job security, and good benefits.

ConsGetting ahead is more dependent on who you know rather than how you perform. Poor example of a diverse workforce at all levels of the Westminster site, and poor commitment to real change in this area. If you just want a job where you can do your work and go home, it's a good place to be. But unless you want to play the good ol boy game, don't expect much advancement or opportunity.

Great learning opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Westminster, SC

ProsGreat possibilities for growth and advancement, if you are willing to relocate. People are willing to let you make mistakes as you learn. Great place to work, with honestly good people.

ConsNot very many desirable locations, often prioritize engineering ahead of all other job types. Manufacturing is not the best sector to be in right now. All decisions are made in Sweden. Great if you're in Sweden, not so great otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork more with talent management, without a well defined path, good people feel lost and leave the company. Sad, but true.

Company Review

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

ProsGood products and engineering, leaders in tooling.

ConsSupport structure for Latin America

very satisfied

HD Mechanic (Current Employee) Yellowknife, YT (Canada)

Prosgood company and best work schedule(two week on-two week off)

Consworking in a remote location at extreme cold weather

Advice to Senior Managementlook up to your employees,assigned in the middle of nowhere.

Great employer

ProsGreat opportunities for personal development, both locally and globally. Open and friendly environment.

ConsBig changes within the company and in the global market. The company needs a strong leadership and clarity of change

Looks after Sales of Cutting tools in Pune Region - Global Accounts

Productivity Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGreat Work Culture and empowerment

ConsNo cons as such . Great company if it suits your work of ineterest

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice as such

Worked for Sandvik? Contribute to the Community!