Sandvine Reviews

Reset
3.5
Sandvine President and CEO Dave Caputo
Dave Caputo

Pros
  • Free food, beverages, anything you need :) (in 13 reviews)

• Salary, Benefits, work-life balance, Transparent Management and the most important cutting edge technology (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • May be the extra hours you put in, if it's a concern :) (in 5 reviews)

• India management has no clue about code complexity and only looks into number of lines of code when it comes to effort estimation (in 3 reviews)

Join only if no other option left, beware of positive reviews.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Sandvine full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Food at their cafeteria hygiene and decent. Team lunches. I know i sound foodie, but that is the truth, none would deny that.
    Like it or not, its a startup environment (without a startup culture).

Cons

More than 90% +ve reviews in glass door are from Managers who after prolonged failures in recruiting talent due to bad Glassdoor reviews, got down to write positive reviews time to time. Please do not challenge me :-) in this, anyone can tell who wrote a particular positive review.

Higher management thinks using foul language during meetings is cool ( the company head quartered in Canada, not in US/Australia).
    Its a mangers company, literally. Engineers are equal to laborers, who may join and leave, but its upto to a "street smart" manager who is expected to take most out of each "labor". Engineers get least respect.
    A 5+ year experienced "street smart" can become a manager, Director or and even a VP. Just by being a street smart and articulated reports.

Advice to Management

To achieve good results from India team, you need to provide good environment for engineers.
    For rest , refer other reviews for advice, everything is covered in this aspect. The reason for this review is to provide awareness to readers about the true origination of +ve reviews, there can be exceptions from the folks who really got benefited, but i can really count those rightful +ve feedback from an engineer with your fingers.

2. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Sandvine (More than a year)

Pros

Good company
    Good values
    Good pay
    Flexible work timings
    good benefits

Cons

There is not any calm environment to work. It's always noisy...!!

3. Tons of opportunity!

Current Employee - Management in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Management in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Sandvine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive, down to earth, simple, great technology and people is great too

Cons

Labs (on the technical side) were a bit unclear

Advice to Management

So, far very good! I would change the order of some training sessions. General topics 1st with architectural overvire then breakdonw into more detaild info.

Great Place to Work for Champions.!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Sandvine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything is planned (work/ training's) -> you find it easy to work here.

Brainy Workforce - Recruitment is strong that each team member is cherry picked and from Premium Institutes / organizations. You find it excited & easy to work with them. Too helpful mates.

Some of my ex-colleagues/ friends still believe that Sandvine use Proprietary tools - YOU ARE WRONG , everything is standardized and well equipped (far better R&D work than my previous organizations - cutting edge technology)

Professional growth
    -Substantial responsibilities at an early stage of the career
    - Exposure to all aspects of delivery lifecycle and project management
    - Continuous learning
    Type of work
    - Exciting and challenging work
    - Exposure to the latest and varied technologies
    - Company culture (environment/culture/mindset)

Transparency, lack of bureaucracy
    - Ownership and accountability
    - Autonomy (with seniority)

Cons

There can be learning pressure - but to stay on top of Current Technologies.

Advice to Management

I have no advice here actually

6. Great place to Work

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Sandvine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were couple of things I heard before I actually joined Sandvine.
    1) All the products are propriety & company don't follow any of the standards in making the products
    2) Hectic work & need to spend long hours in completing the work

I have joined Sandvine irrespective of the above reviews & these are my experiences

Obviously its a great company to work for & coming to the Standards not followed on the products, Initially for one of the product there are no standards followed, but now this is getting standardized. Also all the other products are developed/developing based on the standards.

Then coming to the Hectic work, I guess this will be there in many start ups. But I had a talk with many of the employees who were here since long time and got to know that the work will hectic only during the release & depends on the product as well. Obviously if the customer has to be satisfied, there should be some extra effort required.

Cons

At this point I don't see any cons as such, will definitely post if I come across

7. A Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Sandvine full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Sandvine for the past 6 years of my 14 year professional career, and I have no intention of leaving. At Sandvine I get to work with an extremely talented group of people, on a variety of interesting projects. People are friendly, helpful, and appreciative of your efforts here.

I have worked at a variety of different companies from startups to one that dwarfs Sandvine, and after a while you can get a sense or feel for how a company is performing, both in terms of the market, and towards their employees. In the six years I have been here at Sandvine, things have been getting better and better. These days, this place feels like all cylinders are firing and we've got great momentum. There is a palpable energy here that is only present at a company that is on a winning streak, and it feels good.

I decided to write this review because yesterday I was walking down the hall at Sandvine, and I spontaneously found myself thinking, "Man, I love my job." I'm feel lucky to be here during this exciting time.

Cons

We work hard at Sandvine, and sometimes you have to suck it up and put in the hours to get the job done. This may mean sacrificing personal/family time on occasion. If this is something you are uncomfortable with, this probably isn't the place for you.

I personally don't consider this a significant con though. You're going to have to work hard at some point during your tenure at any company. It's no different at Sandvine - what is different from many places, however, is that we celebrate our successes, effort is recognized, and employees are rewarded. If you are driven, Sandvine is a great place to show off your effort.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The future at Sandvine looks very exciting, with the course you've put us on.

8. One of the best places to work for!!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Sandvine full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-culture,
    Cutting-edge technology,
    Perks(i.e. free food, cab)

Cons

Work-life balance. Will not matter if you love what you do..!

Advice to Management

None

9. Good Place to work, contribution within department is well received.

Former Employee - S E in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - S E in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Sandvine

Pros

Great Team, well organised. Army of people working in waterloo and Bengaluru.
    A extensive training department, sole duty is to train customers and internal staff.
    Great tools.
    Lots of internal collaboration opportunity.

Cons

Lots of after hours work. Product is not so user friendly. Very difficult to use it just of the box.

Advice to Management

Think enterprise ease , but produce Telco grade.

10. Great place to work in

I have been working at Sandvine

Pros

- Great experiences with always more and more new customers
    - Training on new topics and technologies
    - Exceptional lifestyle for global employees
    - Good salaries

Cons

Sometimes the amount of work becomes uncontrollable, and you find yourself happy to do more than your job.

Service Product Manager

I have been working at Sandvine

Pros

Good culture but unforgiving management

Cons

Your on your own good luck

RSS Feed </> Embed