Sanford-Brown Institute - New York

Gary Apito

1. Horrid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sanford-Brown Institute - New York full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close to home. Thoroughly enjoy working with the students.

Cons

Education is sub standard. Education is substandard. It's like a meat factory. They aren't interested in graduating students who are a viable part of the work force. They want to keep students "happy" so they can get their money. They aren't concerned with quality only quantity. Students beware, this isn't where you want to get your education. Students are unhappy across the board. My job is more like counseling now

Advice to Management

In order to get people to work for you of high quality and standards you need to pay them adequately. Value your employees and stop treating them like garbage. Appalling to hear some of the disgusting gossip that goes around.. There's no one that can be trusted.

Avoid it like the plague.. unless of course they change everything completely.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Sanford-Brown Institute - New York full-time

Pros

Great co-workers Flexible schedule (Sometimes there's overtime)

Cons

Terrible management (hold grudges, micro-manage, speak down to employees)

Advice to Management

From the beginning I was always told there was high turnover in this specific department.. and now I see why. There is no constructive criticism here, only criticism. A fun, flexible environment has been replaced with being babysat by managers and constantly being told what you do just isn't good enough. That being said, this isn't a terrible place for say an entry level graduate looking for some experience, but if you are looking for a place to make a home and hopefully grow in your career (like I was) then this really isn't the place for you.

RSS Feed </> Embed