Sanford Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sanford Health President & CEO Kelby K. Krabbenhoft

Kelby K. Krabbenhoft

Pros
  • It was a really great place to gain valuable work experience(in 3 reviews)

• Very friendly work-place, great co-workers(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Large company and some accomplishments might get overlooked at times due to the large number of employees(in 3 reviews)

• Low pay, could have some better benefits(in 3 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sanford bought out Meritcare - wish they had stayed in South Dakota

Physician (Current Employee) Bemidji, MN

ProsThe reasons to work here are the same reasons that it was good to work for Meritcare. The people here are still good. Patients are wonderful. Lots of dedicated, hard-working nurses and physicians.

ConsThe farther away management is from day-to-day activities, the worse the decisions are. Pension plan eliminated for physicians. Health benefits have been cut (!). New, more complicated billing method for patients. And uncompensated, mandated training for a new software program? All while Sanford launches money at every sports venue they can to get their name up on the buildings. 2 Million here for the City of Bemidji to name the new hockey arena after the company. Whoopie.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart consulting your employees about changes instead of just mandating them, top-down. If it's your way or the highway, get ready to see some docs out on the road...

No character...no integrity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bemidji, MN

ProsGood people wanting to do a good job right.

ConsManagement doesn't want to listen to workers...favoritism throughout the system...back stabbing, brown nosing, power hungry, suck ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees! Find out what they would like, what works for their department, what you can do to make their job better. Just because you're in charge, doesn't mean you know everything! Treat everyone the same.....BE FAIR! BE OBJECTIVE!

I was dismissed for a reason that still exists there, so I was virtually lied to. Worked for almost 25 years, dismissed and never heard a word from Management....I was out the door and that was that. You have no backbone, no integrity, no morals, just want to please the almighty Corporate! You don't want people around who think for themselves....just the puppets you collect. You are all for show....how wonderful everything looks! Such a nice facility! Beautiful! YOUR WORKERS ARE NOT HAPPY!

Frustrating....extremely frustrating!

Office Assistant (Former Employee) Bemidji, MN

ProsThose I worked with were great. Those I worked for weren't.

ConsNot being appreciated. Not being heard. Idiots in charge! ....no employee input. NO COMMON SENSE!!!!!! WHO KNOWS A DEPARTMENT BETTER THAN THOSE WHO WORK IN IT?! Sanford is all for show!

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN TO YOUR WORKERS! If employees felt their jobs wouldn't be in jeopardy, they would voice their opinions and complaints, but no one wants to hear them! When things aren't working right or going well, the employees have no one to turn to!

Worked for Sanford Health? Contribute to the Community!