Sanford Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sanford Health President & CEO Kelby K. Krabbenhoft

Kelby K. Krabbenhoft

Pros
  • It was a really great place to gain valuable work experience(in 4 reviews)

• Very friendly work-place, great co-workers(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, could have some better benefits(in 4 reviews)

• Large company and some accomplishments might get overlooked at times due to the large number of employees(in 3 reviews)

Personal Trainer at the Wellness Center on Oxbow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees are all great people! It's a great place to meet people and network within the Sanford community. Great starting job for anyone breaking into the Personal training world.

ConsUpdates! - The facility needs updating which is the main complaint of the members. This is a great starting job... There really isn't much room for personal/professional growth. It would be nice to have some sort of commission based compensation tool in order to compete with other gyms in the area and keep employees happier. Scheduling needs to be considered and changed - Everyone's schedule is all over the place.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more ways for compensation for your employees so they have a reason to grow and retain clients. If you can't do that, then maybe advertise more and update your equipment in order to draw more people in the door. Make productive changes please.

Nutrition Technician

Nutrition Technician (Former Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsGreat work environment. It was a really great place to gain valuable work experience.

ConsThe pay. I didn't get paid nearly as much as other hospitals in the area.

Big Hospital Small Support

Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsBiggest hospital in town with a variety of patient experiences.

ConsOld building with no parking.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your staff wages equatable to those in town at other hospitals as well as to the other Sanford hospitals in other states.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great salary and benefits, Lack of empathy of understanding in management

IT Department (Former Employee)

ProsSalary was excellent, as was organization. Great mentorship and training program for new employees.

ConsI experienced a lack of understanding for health issues that arouse during my first year of work, before I was covered with FMLA. Also had inconsistencies over supervision of work hours between various employees. Example, certain employees got away with being consistently late or working odd hours, and other employees were treated more harshly for the same issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider having clearer expectations for work hours for those in salary positions, and enforce a consistent approach to each employee. Look into leave of absence programs for those who haven't earned FMLA yet, for when health emergencies arise.

Laboratory Technical Assistant

Laboratory Technical Assistant (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsCo-workers
    Experience in the medical field
    Patient interaction
    You get a pay check

ConsBad hours
    Low pay
    Grossly Under appreciated
    Not everyone is held to the same standard of work and or amount

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your laboratory technical assistants, and hold everyone to an accountability of not only a quality of work but a quantity as well. It would also help to begin a culture of a "can do" attitude instead of a "I guess I can go do it if no one else will" attituce.

Pay not competitive especially with cost of living increasing.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) Bismarck, ND

ProsCoworkers are awesome! Physician I work for is great! Benefits are good.

ConsPay..pay...pay! When a gallon of milk costs almost $5.00 a gallon and rent almost 1800.00 per month for most families moving to the Bismarck area its really hard to live on what we are being paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to your employees! You keep gloating about dumping millions on new hospitals and research facilities. We are already short on nursing staff as it is mainly due to wages. When McDonald's is hiring for staff at $12.00 with no experience needed its pretty hard to encourage those wanting to go into the health field. How are you going to fill positions in these facilities? North Dakota has the Lowest paid nurses in the country and most money coming in due to the oil boom. How does that make sense?

Used to love me job but over the last year all the changes have made me just want to leave and find a new job.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsFlexibility as long as your work gets done they let you go to appointments and such.

ConsConstant change, never knowing what is going. No communication. Constant "restructure" which usually results in people loosing their jobs.

Pay - Once you start working there you will not get to negotiate your pay. So if you get a promotion you will get the bottom pay even if you have all the experience and requirements. Although an individual getting the same position outside the company without any experience will get higher rates. Advice to anyone looking to work here, negotiate as much as you can right away, it will be your only chance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to employees. Give current employees career opportunities.

Could be better, could be worse

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsPatient care is always placed first. Clinical management is pretty understanding and fair. "Flex" employees are given full benefits and a 5% base salary increase in exchange for non-standard or inconsistent working hours.

ConsLots of unhappy employees (for various reasons, mostly due to low pay or inadequate health insurance benefits compared to other companies) - can be an unpleasant work environment on a day to day basis. Overtime hours can be near impossible to get, even when working weekends. You will be told to clock out early during the week and sent home so you don't go over 40 hours/week when you have to work a weekend.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a class or presentation on the Sanford compensation policy and how Sanford actually comes up with compensation plans. The employees are always told that the wages are competitive with similar jobs and the overall economic outlook of the region, but figures are never shown to the employees. There is distrust between the employees and management, and employees feel they are really not being paid a competitive wage. I don't know how many times I've heard, "Well, in so-and-so place just so-and-so far away, they get paid so much more than we are!" Whether that is true or not, I don't know, but more transparency would be appreciated.

Unhealthy healthcare setting

OFFICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsVery competative vacation time offerings

ConsLack of training that directly impacts patient satisfaction, poor health benefits, low pay which results in employees with no sense of work ethic (people streaming movies at their desk, walking around without shoes on, etc)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more organized, offer more thorough training, hire better management and create an atmosphere that encourages high morale and activity. I have never seen so much junk food in a healthcare setting.

About average for a large organization.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sioux Falls, SD

ProsGreat facilities and a great vision and outlook. There is a desire to get thing done and not have roadblock. People are accessible at many levels. There are great colleagues and support.

ConsOften times it seems the vision is just that, a vision without substance. It is often difficult to distinguish reality from fantasy when it comes to what the organization is and is not.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not rely on the input of a relatively few individuals. Get input from a broader group and actually do something with 360 reviews.

Worked for Sanford Health? Contribute to the Community!