Sanford L.P.

www.sanfordcorp.com

Sanford L.P. Reviews

3.2

Howard C. Heckes

Overall good, but top management lacked manufacturing knowledge and worth of employees.

Former Employee - Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sanford L.P.

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits. Imediate managers and supervisors listened and made efforts to help solve manufacturing issues.

Cons

Top tier management is only interested in stockholder profits. They close US plants and send work to India, China and Mexico to save money. They will lay you off with no notice.

If you are going to be in the manufacturing business, hire people who know manufacturing, not marketing and sales to run your company. Bring your jobs back to the USA.

Company takes lean and GOBN to a level hampering growth

Current Employee - Environmental Engineer in Manchester, TN
    Current Employee - Environmental Engineer in Manchester, TN

I have been working at Sanford L.P. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fortune 5000 since Newell Rubbermaid bought it as a cash cow.

Cons

No real support for environmental programs or growth. Environmental is used as a coupon and supported only as an intranet ad but real experience is sold out for cost savings. Poor management and HR protects its peeps from within which means no ones job is truly secure especially when you are supervised by someone who does not understand your role. Instead of being supervised i was subjected to the GOBN and manipulation of one single person through personal insults in front of colleagues. My first years two evaluations were exemplary but because my experience was out of his league and I was forced to stand up for myself, HR supported an effort to get rid of me via PIP which amounts to dirty politics. This is a company who really takes e viromental as a joke.

Look at the cash cow at LMTC from a compliance stance only. Rud the incompetence and arrogance from POC.

Mediocre, corporate, impersonal

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Sanford L.P. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A young workforce with strong consumer brands. A good first job out of college. Compensation is fair but not great.

Cons

Terrible work/life balance. Expect 50+ hour work weeks. Management does not care much about its employees, there is no hesitation to layoff employees. Fairly high turnover rates. "We work for our shareholders" - direct quote from the company president when justifying a round of layoffs.

Treat employees with more appreciation and respect

Sharpie!

I have been working at Sanford L.P.

Pros

teamwork mentality. Everyone was willing to help everyone in their own projects.

Cons

To many corporate restrictions slowing down the decision making process. To much management turnover. No consistent quality leadership!

Spend time with your front line employee's so you can really see what is going on in the industry.

Good for some reasons....bad for some

Current Employee - Manufacturing
    Current Employee - Manufacturing

I have been working at Sanford L.P.

Pros

Career growth; Visibility; Business Acumen

Cons

Pay compensation; horrible health benefits

Understand all logistics before acquisitions and do something to keep employee retention at at least decent levels