Sanjel

Darin MacDonald

Really good growing company

Current Employee - Assistant  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant in Denver, CO

Pros

Good family culture
    Flexible
    Good benefits
    Lots of opportunities to grow
    Direct contact with top management
    Looking for your input

Cons

Compensation is not good initially
    Growing company
    Lack of system integration

Take the time to hire the right people and adjust compensation level for top performers

Sanjel has offered a solid work compensation package for my growing family.

Current Employee - Pumping Services Operator
    Current Employee - Pumping Services Operator

Pros

They offer very good insurance package.
    They offer good salary and bonuses.
    They offer good vacation day options.
    You have to travel each day, but can be based out of a nice Montana town.

Cons

You will work irratic work hours, so you miss a lot of family time in the morning and evenings.
    You are tired a lot due to pulling all night shifts.
    You work in adverse weather conditions.
    There is a disconnect between upper management and field crew realities.

Close the disconnect between corporate policies and field realities. You claim to have a family culture, but we have yet to feel that way.

gained more oilfield experience some of which I was new to.

Current Employee - Pumping Services Operator  in  Cibolo, TX
    Current Employee - Pumping Services Operator in Cibolo, TX

Pros

everyone looks out for each other

Cons

just mostly the being on call 24 hours on call.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent pay if there is work. Very long hours, too much time away from family.

Current Employee - Frak/Driver  in  Williston, ND
    Current Employee - Frak/Driver in Williston, ND

Pros

Good pay when there is work

Cons

Work isn't always consistent, and base pay is very low without job bonuses.
    Work days too long, all crews operating extremely tired leading to high potential for injury.
    Too much time away from family
    very poor communication from local leadership

THIS IS YOUR WARNING

Pros

Regardless of the crazy supervisor, you will learn a lot about the job. I really don't have anything else to say about it.

Cons

Corp puts people who are not qualified to be in charge of you. It's not if, but when you will be treated unfairly or degraded as a person. Miles city mt is more like purgatory. HR will not do anything that will help you do to the "good old boys". There had been multiple reports and nothing ever changed. Good luck in your choices.

Listen to what is being told. Clean out the Maintenance department and put people in that will not destroy teams and works to build them. If you have not received any info, I would be asking the HR team why and where is it.

Been there years now and am updating my original review

Current Employee - Frak/Driver  in  Williston, ND
    Current Employee - Frak/Driver in Williston, ND

Pros

Good pay and beefits. housing and food included in job package.

Cons

hostile work environment. people in supervisory positions that are not good leaders.

I've been a business owner all my life. i am amazed at how hostile the work environment is here. When i quit this job i plan on flying to Canada to speak with the owner to let him know what my experience has been working for Sanjel so improvements can be made. Don't feel comfortable bringing up any concerns to management because i really don't think they care and i believe that would be the end of my job. I originally attributed the situataion to "growing pains" but it has been years now and the situation has not chanaged. There is a lot of turnover and the company does not try to keep employees. There are no job reviews and they do not try to keep talent even though it must cost a lot of money to train a guy. It is very cliquey and management does not communicate well.

Great overall company to work for.

Current Employee - Mechanic  in  Williston, ND
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Williston, ND

Pros

Sanjel is family oriented and safety conscious. The safety department is constantly reminding us that no job is so urgent that we can not take the time to do it safely. They make it a point to make sure each of us returns home in the same condition that we arrived.

Cons

Often times management has been selected on a "right place, right time" basis, or just purely favoritism by higher management that is completely out of touch with what goes on in the shop or in the field.

Get more in touch with what is going in down in operations.

Long hours away from home, working in muddy, greasy, loud conditions. Pay can be good, but inconsistent, so save it.

Current Employee - Driver, Sand  in  Miles City, MT
    Current Employee - Driver, Sand in Miles City, MT

Pros

Great benefits, pay can be good. Accommodations on the road are good, the crew I ended up working with is enjoyable, seems to be opportunity for advancement. They do seem to stand behind family, and will get you home for family needs or emergencies. Get paid every other Friday.

Cons

Field crew seems to be at odds with office personnel. Office likes to manage crew with threats and punishment, not a lot of positive reinforcement. Right now, crews (or at least mine) are under-staffed, so large work load for the same pay. A lot of safety training that seems to be designed, primarily, to place blame and responsibility on the employee, and reduce Sanjel's liability. Once in the field, there's a lot of pressure to hurry.

If you want to create a team environment, perhaps managing with rewards and positive reinforcement would be more effective than threats and punishments. The Sanjel teams we have now are the field vs office teams.

Great company overall, local management lacking skills to drive buisness forward.

Current Employee - Employee  in  Cibolo, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Cibolo, TX

Pros

Good benifits package for employees and dependants. Time off for entry level is excellent. Payroll on local cost of living is excellent.Equipment is new and maintained to high standards.

Cons

The leadership(management) is out of touch with the employee. Supervisors will promote only "friends" and not the qualified worker. Supervisors are the front line direct contact with Clients, Management, and the Employee. Due to this enablement,Sanjel will never retain well rounded employees that will contribute to the over all growth and longevity of future buisness.

Place suggestion boxes for employees to be able to maintain a "report card" on there direct Supervisors and Managers. A form could be filled out, placed in the suggestion box and forwarded to Senior Management to avoid cover-ups of local practices that conflict with company policies and standards.

I'VE BEEN THERE SINCE SEPT AND THE JOB IS EVEN BETTER THAN I WAS PROMISED

Current Employee - PUMPING and FRAC  in  Williston, ND
    Current Employee - PUMPING and FRAC in Williston, ND

Pros

It's tough being away from family but Sanjel has made it very comfortable. I have a great private room and the food is really good. The pay and benefits are even better than promised. The guys are great to work with. The 15 days on 6 days off is working out great for me. the train leaves from Williston and arrives close to my hometown. I can take the sleeper and get back to work well rested. I really like this job. The physical labor is not nearly as difficult as I thought it might be. The company is very safety oriented. It feels great to have a good job in a failing economy. I hope to be here for many years.

Cons

It takes getting used to being on call al of the time. You need to make sure you rest when you have time in case you get called in. I seem to be able to get plenty of sleep though. It would be great if they assigned a mentor to each new guy so that you can learn more quickly.

I have only been there since September so I don't have much advice for management yet. Once I get some more experience I am sure I will have some decent advice to give since I have been in management for decades.

Worked for Sanjel? Contribute to the Community!