Sanli Pastore & Hill

4.1

Thomas E. Pastore

Overall Great Place to Work

I have been working at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time

Pros

-High learning curve
    -Exposure to companies in variety of industries
    -Analysts and associates have opportunity to communicate with Presidents and CEOs of small to mid-size companies
    -Able to work on several different projects at once
    -Friendly work environment
    -Intelligent coworkers
    -Reasonable hours
    -Generous vacation package

Cons

-Sometimes tight deadlines which require to come in on vacation days
    -Must know how to think out of the box and on your own with little supervision
    -Not much group training, more learn by doing

Great Place To Work If You Have Low Self Esteem, Are Looking For No Pay, And Enjoy Working With Adult Spoiled Brats

Former Employee - Not An Analyst  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Not An Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned a new skill and I learned I can teach myself when I have no one to turn to for assistance. I also learned that I can still do my job well despite the unprofessional actions by management.

Cons

There is so much to say here. In my department we were severely underpaid with little hope of even a cost of living raise. The Office Manager believes running the office using a 1970's operations manual with machine from 1980's is in the best interest of the company. The two partners are so detached from reality and what goes on in the office their irrational reprimands are nothing more than screaming temper tantrums that are counter productive and do not create loyal employees. The Office Manager believes she knows everything going on in the office because she thinks everyone in the office doesn't know she spends most of her day listening to other people's conversations rather than doing her job. Payday maybe comes on the 15th or maybe on the 16th and we only receive our pay stubs every once in a while. That company violates labor laws on a weekly basis. The two partners(and Office Manager) are very shady and leave employees with the certain feeling that there is something illegal or unethical going on.

This space would be better used for advertisement or something productive. The partners and Office Manager do not take advice. They only give it because their over inflated egos have them believing they are above listening to anyone else. The only thing I can think to say here is that when they are standing in the middle of the smoking ruins that used to be their company acknowledge the mistakes they made and that if they treated their employees like they were assets and not a drain on their own profits they might still be in business

I learned a lot, grew professionally.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sanli Pastore & Hill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In finance and consulting in CA, everyone knows the firm and it has an excellent reputation. So when I moved to Northern California, it was easy to get interviews. My 3 years here were valued very well.
    Diversity of work, learning to perform at a higher level, great skillset and career growth. Good compensation. Good hours. Manangement' focus on efficiency at the office results in very rare overtime or week-end work.

Cons

Sometimes learning curve of almost a year can be hard but after that, it gets easier. No office in SF.

Open an office in SF and more offices. Can anything be done about the learning curve?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Only the Strong Survive!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sanli Pastore & Hill

Pros

-A constant strive for excellence
    -Everyday I can learn something new from everyone here!
    -Help is always available
    -Management has your back
    -No micro-management
    -Resume looks great with this company stamped on it
    -Money business is always interesting business
    -Appreciation is shown openly
    -NO weak links will survive the pressure of this boiling pot! But the pressure makes for a great diamond in the end...

Cons

-No mistakes
    -MUST know how to prioritize your time and projects
    (not really cons but just need to have qualities)

-lack of Communication at times
    -No company is PERFECT. There will always be room for improvement. This is a high pressure job with lots of deadlines and detail. It's a job/career for those who thrive in that environment. No cry babies here! Only the closest to perfect and the farthest from lazy!

SURE We are human, and we may day dream about throwing our boss over the edge of the building from time to time, but who doesn't! We are encouraged to be open about any problems we may have to HR, management, and we have meetings monthly to make sure we are moving in the right direction to stay at the top.

BREATHE.

Good learning opportunity, poor management and ability to progress

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sanli Pastore & Hill

Pros

Opportunity to work with other great analysts and learn how to deal with difficult management

Cons

Managers are stressed and take out their stress on the employees, not somewhere to grow long term, managers are paranoid about what employees are doing outside of work (difficult to visit doctor, etc.). When looking at some of the positive reviews note the dates - the reviews were written by company management to improve the company's image.

Hire someone to run the business.

A Great Little Boutique Firm

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in West Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sanli Pastore & Hill

Pros

Nice Offices in West Los Angeles – away from all the downtown traffic (and pretty close the beach)
    Good work and life balance
    Exposure to fairly challenging clients
    Good client base
    Good variety in roles
    Give you progressively more responsibility to prove yourself
    Great training

Cons

They place high importance on billable hours
    Sometimes weekend work is required for deadlines

Great office manager that knows how to look after each and every employee and make sure all is well with everything. Good executive level management that is involved in training and the work process.

A Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sanli Pastore & Hill

Pros

Good training on tools and methodologies.
    Exposure to all industries.
    Innovative company.
    Approachable partners.
    Casual and comfortable work environment.

Cons

Unclear reporting structure (but it looks like its being addressed).
    Strong emphasis on billable hours.

My professional development at SP&H far exceeded my expectations.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sanli Pastore & Hill

Pros

The valuation assignments expose you to the broadest array of industries. The clients are first rate. Management is very hands on,but they give you as much responsibility and opportunity as you can handle. They have worked hard to build a team of great people and provide the best training programs.

Cons

If you are a creature of habit and cannot excercise creative thinking then it could be difficult to acclimate to a firm with clients in myriad industries and stages of development. However, management seems to do a very good job overall in recruiting individuals that thrive in the company.

Be more aggressive in hiring talent from large corporations. The training and learning experience at SP&H is so much better than most Fortune 500 companies.

A challenging, exciting fast paced work environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sanli Pastore & Hill

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Personable, family like environment - you don't feel like a "number". Good opportunities for advancement based on merit.

Cons

Standards and expectations are high and not everyone can handle this. Some clients need fast turnarounds and pressure to meet client deadlines can be high at times.

Overall great place to work, intense challenging environment with a good sense of humor all rolled into one.

SP&H gave me a great practical and theoretical foundation. It has been immensely helpful in my PhD program.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sanli Pastore & Hill

Pros

Very solid training program. Great clients and interesting and challenging work. There is nothing routine or boring in your work day. Your co-workers are congenial and everyone has a team spirit.

Cons

You are held very accountable for your work product and productivity. However, this is really no different than any other professional job, such as attorneys at top level law firms. If your former job experience was at an easy going company then it could be tough to adjust.

The training program was great because it was always being refined and expanded. Please continue to do so as it has given individuals like myself a great skillset.

Worked for Sanli Pastore & Hill? Contribute to the Community!