Sanmina-SCI

Sanmina-SCI Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Sanmina-SCI Chairman and CEO Jure Sola

Jure Sola

Pros
  • Some very good people to work with who do care and basically keep the place going(in 7 reviews)

• A good place to learn many things in Oracle, less red-tape, and open access to technologies(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • poor upper management no consistency(in 9 reviews)

• huge disparity between senior management compensation and othe rcompensation(in 5 reviews)

This company sucks

IT Director (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prosgood learning for few months. Then nightmare starts.

ConsVery low motivation. No growth. Salary is lowest in industry. Management is irresponsible. Always wrong persons grows in the company. No training at all ever. Nepotism is rampant. higher mgt thinks just for there job only. No company view at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome at least 2-3 level of hierarchy down and try to learn what is going on. Most likely you are being made fool by your directs. learn what is motivation and moral of employee....

Small subsidiary of Sanmina - great place to work

Material Planner (Former Employee) Foothill Ranch, CA

ProsVery family-oriented. Everyone is friendly and very supportive of each other. Everyone feels important at this small division. Bonuses for key departments when goals are met.
    Open door policy.

ConsWhen supplies get thin in DRAM and NAND, because of size, low on suppliers' prioritties when filling orders. Experiencing growing pains. Just went through first bad qtr after years of record qtrs.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on improving processes. Division is still run like a smaller company and is getting too big for that.

A question of caring

Program Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSome very good people to work with who do care and basically keep the place going. Work Life balance somewhat encouraged with some flexibility.

ConsNot a lot of support or caring for employees by management. Leadership is seriously lacking as low performers essentially hide out, while strong performers take the load and grief.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare some of the bonuses for employee hard work and sacrifice and actually appear to care about them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company only cares about making the numbers and does not care about the quality as it should be.

Test Technician (Current Employee) Derry, NH

ProsSalaries are not that bad and has basic benefits as medical, dental and vision insurance.

ConsSupervisors do not act like professionals, the company is not well organized, too many responsibilities for each person and there are no internal audits to assure processes and procedure are in control.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should focus on quality and follow the processes and procedures as are documented. Should listen to the recommendations of experts.

Sanmina

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTheir is nothing good about this place

ConsUpper management needs to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to show respect to your employees

Stressful and depressing

Technician (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGood training for a better job. Clean working conditions.
    Tuition reimbursement.

ConsSubstandard compensation as compared to equivalent positions at other companies, far below the national or area averages. Raises are almost unheard of. No opportunity for advancement. If you are good at your job your supervisor will not let you move to another position because they will not be able to replace you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a serious look at your management structure. You do not need 1 president, 6 senior vice presidents, 4 vice presidents, 6 directors 12 managers and 6 supervisors to support 300 workers.

Project Manager

IT Project Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

Pros* Good place to learn
    * Good place to find out what can go wrong at an Organization

Cons* Compensation Sucks
    * Bureaucracy is all over the place
    * Lack of Employee Apreciation

Advice to Senior Management* Bureaucracy is killing employee morale
    * Pay your valued Employees

Company is filled with many good people but is lacking good top level management

Program Manager (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsThere are a lot of good people working for the company.
    Many and diversified resources to draw on.
    Opportunity to get involved in facilities and programs all over the world.
    Flexibility in working arrangements

ConsSometimes top level management won't get out of the way and let the good people they hired do their job.
    Minimal raises (negotiate your salary up front)

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good people and don't over manage or over control them.

Unrewarding

Senior Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWide variety of responsibility and duties.

ConsHorrible teamwork. No direction for my department and weak management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to advice

Dismal Company

Finance Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsIf you need the work, I guess it's a paycheck.
    The people there work very hard and are down to earth.

ConsManagement in Sanmina couldn't care less
    Very little ethics or morals
    A revolving door of Managers in and out, no consistency
    Poor behavior by management tolerated with no HR consequences
    Nothing other than a "Yes Boss" environment
    Very little career advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementStart holding people accountable to poor behavior.

Worked for Sanmina-SCI? Contribute to the Community!