Sanmina-SCI

Updated December 13, 2014
2.8

Sanmina-SCI Chairman and CEO Jure Sola
Jure Sola

Pros
  • Some very good people to work with who do care and basically keep the place going (in 9 reviews)

• A good place to learn many things in Oracle, less red-tape, and open access to technologies (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • poor upper management no consistency (in 9 reviews)

• huge disparity between senior management compensation and othe rcompensation (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company to work for! (MANCHESTER/DERRY, NH)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always felt as though we were a team. Great benefits and pay. Stressful at times, however, for the most part - your hard work was always appreciated by upper management.

Cons

Due to line of work (MANUFACTURING), random lay-offs would occur because of lack of available work. At times, you were unsure if you would loose your job due to this.

Thank you for all the years! You were all great.

I have learned a whole lot.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sanmina-SCI as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is so friendly, and it is a great work environment.

Cons

There are not many cons to working here

Do not say one thing, and do another.

doesn't care about personnel

Former Employee - Medical Repair Tech
    Former Employee - Medical Repair Tech

I worked at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

workforce personnel, working hours, pay.

Cons

management, training, benefits, company values.

Working at Sanmina-SCI was a great time because the accounting team worked very well together.

Former Employee - Intercompany Accountant/World Wide Asset Team in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the work I did. I worked with a lot of good people. I had 2 of the best the managers.

Cons

We worked every July 4th because of the closing schedule. SCI was acquired by Sanmina while I was employed there and it kept everyone nervous about whether they would keep their job.

Stay Away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sanmina-SCI (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are great, that's what keeps everyone there the longest.

Cons

To many to list. But to start: compensation is very low, there hasn't been merit increases in 5 plus years, no ESPP, very low 401k, the employees are not a focus here so they are treated very poorly. There's no flexiblity with schedules or attire. Room to grow or Promotions are few and far between. Very little training provided and outside training is frowned upon.

The company needs culture change to start, that most likely starts with management

Management is metrics driven at the expense of employees

I worked at Sanmina-SCI

Pros

Good people in the rank and file and some of the management.

Cons

CEO froze comp, eliminated 401k match and stock options and forced use of vacation during plant shutdowns. Earned bonuses and commissions denied AFTER they were earned. Stock tripled in past two years and execs got bonuses but austerity program remains in place. Top talent has left.

Recognize the value of the employees. Keep your and pay them what you promise. Honesty and integrity go a long way. Denying bonuses and commissions after they are earned is unethical. Until you change this culture, you will continue to lose your best people.

Worst job experience ever!

Former Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Sanmina-SCI

Pros

Working at Salmina SCI was a slightly better alternative than unemployment. Learning how to use the Oracle system was a major plus.

Cons

Turnover in my department was excessive. Paying degreed professionals $38,000 per year is crazy. Several long-term employees reported to me that they had not received a salary increase in over three years. Senior managers are totally metrics oriented. The metrics dashboard is busier than an F-16 cockpit. Employees with no better options work there long term. Employees with better options leave quickly. My manager was honestly surprised when several temp employees moved on to other jobs. Both employees moved on to comparable jobs at $20-$25,000 more per year. She truly believe that these skilled professionals had no other alternatives. She had no interest in the personal needs of these employees. Metrics ruled the day.

Senior managers need to change the culture. Hiring and retaining good people at the correct market salary is essential. Staffing departments with a marching army of low paid temp employees leads to excessive turnover. Investing and training fewer but better paid employees is a better long term solution.

Stagnant

Former Employee - Director Or Above in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Director Or Above in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Policies, procedures & Tools, Bay Area location

Cons

Top heavy management; resting on their laurels for ever
    Do not expect any growth. Expect frequent mandatory time off.

Value your human resources

Terrible company to work for.

I worked at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company has some great talent and dedicated employees, but they don't recognize and reward.

Cons

So much turnover for lack of leadership, compensation and benefits and employee respect.

Wake up, you are loosing good people because you are so entrenched. Stop and listen and make some positive changes or you will continue to lose good people who use Sanmina as a training ground and then move on to bigger and better. Value your talent and show them you do!

Not a pro employee type of company.

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sanmina took over the operations of the Siemens Healthcare refurbishment division and honestly they did not come with any perks.

Cons

Pricey benefit plan. Terrible 401K matching program. Lack of communication from management to the employees.

Work on better communication.

Sanmina-SCI Photos