Sanmina-SCI

Updated February 13, 2015
2.7

Sanmina-SCI Chairman and CEO Jure Sola
Jure Sola

Pros
  • Some very good people to work with who do care and basically keep the place going (in 9 reviews)

• A good place to learn many things in Oracle, less red-tape, and open access to technologies (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • poor upper management no consistency (in 9 reviews)

• huge disparity between senior management compensation and othe rcompensation (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to start

I have been working at Sanmina-SCI

Pros

Flexible schedule
    opportunity to learn
    great people to work with

Cons

salary
    chances for advancement are limited

Growth of company investments?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Absolutely unsure of future, very questionable at best.

Cons

A lot of talk with no substance, unfulfilled promises,little to no compensations at most levels of the company except higher management positions.

If the techs have to be qualified for their positions then so should management.The 401(k) program is questionable; where you invest a % of your salary and receive $125 quarterly/ $500 annually; why isn't there at least a min match of at least 3% .If a participant invest 20% of her salary and only receive $125 quarterly then where is the rest of the 20% investment going? definitely not to the small investors of a very small group combined.

lacks leadership

Former Employee - Repair Tech in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Repair Tech in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Job can be fun and challenging. Repairing complex and sometimes valuable equipment. Has all tools required on hand, most times.

Cons

What management. Cant get parts out of the warehouse for the techs to repair products. Has meeting on the repair floor, the goes upstairs to conference room and does it again. A lot of talk, but no progress..

Get some real leadership in place. Meeting after meeting and no progress is a waste and you keep on doing it for years now.

Amazing company to work for! (MANCHESTER/DERRY, NH)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always felt as though we were a team. Great benefits and pay. Stressful at times, however, for the most part - your hard work was always appreciated by upper management.

Cons

Due to line of work (MANUFACTURING), random lay-offs would occur because of lack of available work. At times, you were unsure if you would loose your job due to this.

Thank you for all the years! You were all great.

I have learned a whole lot.

Current Intern - Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Intern - Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sanmina-SCI as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is so friendly, and it is a great work environment.

Cons

There are not many cons to working here

Do not say one thing, and do another.

doesn't care about personnel

Former Employee - Medical Repair Tech
    Former Employee - Medical Repair Tech

I worked at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

workforce personnel, working hours, pay.

Cons

management, training, benefits, company values.

Stay Away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sanmina-SCI (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are great, that's what keeps everyone there the longest.

Cons

To many to list. But to start: compensation is very low, there hasn't been merit increases in 5 plus years, no ESPP, very low 401k, the employees are not a focus here so they are treated very poorly. There's no flexiblity with schedules or attire. Room to grow or Promotions are few and far between. Very little training provided and outside training is frowned upon.

The company needs culture change to start, that most likely starts with management

Management is metrics driven at the expense of employees

I worked at Sanmina-SCI

Pros

Good people in the rank and file and some of the management.

Cons

CEO froze comp, eliminated 401k match and stock options and forced use of vacation during plant shutdowns. Earned bonuses and commissions denied AFTER they were earned. Stock tripled in past two years and execs got bonuses but austerity program remains in place. Top talent has left.

Recognize the value of the employees. Keep your and pay them what you promise. Honesty and integrity go a long way. Denying bonuses and commissions after they are earned is unethical. Until you change this culture, you will continue to lose your best people.

Worst job experience ever!

Former Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Sanmina-SCI

Pros

Working at Salmina SCI was a slightly better alternative than unemployment. Learning how to use the Oracle system was a major plus.

Cons

Turnover in my department was excessive. Paying degreed professionals $38,000 per year is crazy. Several long-term employees reported to me that they had not received a salary increase in over three years. Senior managers are totally metrics oriented. The metrics dashboard is busier than an F-16 cockpit. Employees with no better options work there long term. Employees with better options leave quickly. My manager was honestly surprised when several temp employees moved on to other jobs. Both employees moved on to comparable jobs at $20-$25,000 more per year. She truly believe that these skilled professionals had no other alternatives. She had no interest in the personal needs of these employees. Metrics ruled the day.

Senior managers need to change the culture. Hiring and retaining good people at the correct market salary is essential. Staffing departments with a marching army of low paid temp employees leads to excessive turnover. Investing and training fewer but better paid employees is a better long term solution.

Working at Sanmina-SCI was a great time because the accounting team worked very well together.

Former Employee - Intercompany Accountant/World Wide Asset Team in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Sanmina-SCI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the work I did. I worked with a lot of good people. I had 2 of the best the managers.

Cons

We worked every July 4th because of the closing schedule. SCI was acquired by Sanmina while I was employed there and it kept everyone nervous about whether they would keep their job.

Sanmina-SCI Photos