Sanofi U.S.
www.sanofi.us Bridgewater, NJ 5000+ Employees

Sanofi U.S. Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014
Sanofi U.S. – Bridgewater – “View of main entrance by pond”

Sanofi U.S. President, Pharmaceuticals, North America, Sanofi Anne C. Whitaker

Anne C. Whitaker

Pros:
  • "Great benefits, nice people, flexible work hours, great vacation policy"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Great work life balance program and the benefits are very fair"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management stay in place and doesn't allow middle management to grow"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Senior Management continues to implement culture busting philosophies because they do not understand the market space"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Average work place.

Packaging (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsMonday through Friday schedule. (Pretty nice coming from retail) 30 and 15 minute breaks.

Cons(I am a temporary employee working at Sanofi) Pay is okay. No benefits since I am a temp. Currently we are short staffed, So there will be some openings soon... Unfortuantley Since corporate is in France it takes 2 to 4 months to hire a full time employee. I am next in line to be hired, but since the process is taking a long time. I am going to take another job opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more fulltime people. Since two people quit, You stressed out the other fulltime employees. Having more temps than fulltime employees will slow production time and accuracy.

Executive Sales Representative

Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsWorked for organization 24 years. Excellent pay and benefits, among the best in the industry.

ConsMerger between sanofi and Aventis was major downfall. Aventis was sales driven and people were rewarded for going out and getting the business. After merger people were rated on bell curve on set of "metrics", of which only a small part dealt with sales accomplishments. Poor pipeline and layoffs constantly hang over heads of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut back the emphasis on sales, and remove emphasis on metrics (reach and frequency, etc).

Executive Sales Professional

Executive Sales Professional (Former Employee)

Prosgood benefits throughout the company

Conslimited to no opportunity to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementI received my graduate degree through the company and after several attempts to give back and advance my career little opportunity existed. It was likely obvious considering most of the managers in district management roles did not have degrees nor did they seem to have much opportunity to advance. This bottleneck in talent management is creating a brain drain within the company and you thus will likely be stuck with those how have little opportunity outside of company. All the best I hope ultimately charge your organization with consultative services at much higher bill rates.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frustrating but lucrative

Senior Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are great with a tremendous match program for their 401k, good health and dental programs - although they have gotten expensive in the last few years - and a decent company car with options for somewhat upgraded vehicles in areas with a lot of snow. The rewards can be very positive if you focus on your job duties and go out every day and just do your job!

ConsThe biggest con with SA (and the pharma industry in general) is that it used to be less restrictive to work. Access, managed care and an overwhelmingly ponderous reliance on 'metrics' based an often faulty data all get in the way of the one thing that was always fun about this industry - actually speaking with and making an impact on health care providers. We used to have 'sales' goals, set in advance and in dollars or percentage increases, and now we have 'call averages' and an assortment of additional measurement tools to evaluate performance but we have NO ability to impact the faulty data that goes into the makeup of our individual territories.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe used to have upper management that came up through the field sales operations side of the business and would listen to representatives and their feedback. We no longer have that. Since no one will listen, I have nothing to advise.

It's an excellent company to work for with great benefits.

Drug Safety Associate/Specialist (Former Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsI have nothing negative to say about the company

ConsIt gets busy like most Drug Safety Depts, otherwise everything was fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementI never had much contact with upper management, except my Director and Dept. VP - and they both were excellent leaders.

Sanofi is a company that doesn't see people as dollar signs.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsThey really do care about the lives of the employees not only on the job but outside of work. As in intern, many of the employees made me feel welcome and I never felt belittle for not knowing something. I didn't feel like a student working there but rather like an adult in the workplace.

ConsThe only downside would be not having many tasks as an intern.

The company is a mess since the merger

Hospital Specialty Representative Diabetes and Metabolism (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsGreat training, professional managers and reps in general

ConsConstant layoffs, both very large and small...but constant. Odd strategies for marketing and territory division

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the bleeding and get it together. The company used to be great but since Sanofi and Aventis merged it's been a nightmare. Figure it out so you can attract and RETAIN good people!

Awesome company!

Marketing Analyst (Current Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsGood salary, not too much work, nice and smart colleagues

ConsCompany is restructuring....few opportunities to get in, risk to be fired

Advice to Senior Managementstop firing people

Big pharma company in transition with poor pipeline

Senior Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosthose in sales get company car, good benefits overall, competitive compensation/bonus structure

Conssales force decimated by huge layoffs. those still there waiting for the next layoff. little to look forward to as far as new meds in the near term. CEO is restructuring company into a vaccine/generic/niche med company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales force still too bloated for what you have to sell. How many Lantus reps do you really need at this point in the product lifecycle?

Fabulous work culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsValue good talent and work.

ConsDidn't notice any during my stint.

Worked for Sanofi U.S.? Contribute to the Community!

Sanofi U.S. – Why Work for Us?

At Sanofi, our ambition is to be a diversified global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sanofi U.S. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sanofi U.S. CEO Anne C. Whitaker. All 181 reviews posted anonymously by Sanofi U.S. employees.