Sanofi U.S. Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
216 reviews filtered by
Sanofi U.S. CEO Olivier Brandicourt
Olivier Brandicourt

Pros
  • Great benefits, nice people, flexible work hours, great vacation policy (in 24 reviews)

• Work-life balance seems fair in some departments, great healthcare plan (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management stay in place and doesn't allow middle management to grow (in 16 reviews)

• Senior Management continues to implement culture busting philosophies because they do not understand the market space (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Entry level position

Former Intern - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Sanofi U.S. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Company truly values their consumers. Pay is above average for an intern with little to no experience. Lunch is often catered and there are great opportunities to network in the field.

Cons

Upon entry, there is not much training involved and often times, you must ask for more work. The work can be repetitive

Advice to Management

Create an intern training program to initiate a good relationship and foundation for future full-time employees

2. Contractor (Corporate Affairs)

Current Contractor - Contractor in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Sanofi U.S. as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and helpful with good advancement and/or lateral career opportunities and good mentors. Good number of company vacation days and some onsite perks. I like what I do and am constantly challenged in a good way - my passion for the work I do is keeping me here.

Cons

Not as many perks as biotechs obviously and may be less than some other pharma companies. Decent amount of in-office politics and contractors are not treated like employees, which often alienates and makes contractors feel under-valued. After two years as a contractor, still no offer to be FTE but only an offer to continue as a contractor.

Advice to Management

Value employees more and provide competitive offer and conversion to FTE if contractors are truly valued - otherwise they will bolt for a better offer.

3. Senior Director, R&R

I worked at Sanofi U.S. full-time

Pros

Sanofi is a solid, global company with reasonably good salaries and extensive benefits. Individual development opportunities are available to be taken advantage of to enhance knowledge and skills.

Cons

Change here never seems to end. With turnover at the top, Sanofi is continuing to reinvent itself especially on the R&D side. Someone came in at a high level position a few years back with the idea of making sweeping positive changes in R&D, but left before completing the changes contemplated or finding out if any of the changes made would be beneficial.

Advice to Management

At some point, once changes are made, there needs to be a period of stability to be able to judge what changes work and what changes don't work. Also, employees would appreciate having a solid platform on which to place their feet.

5. medical sales

I have been working at Sanofi U.S.

Pros

great company love to work there

Cons

Processes can be a little cumbersome sometimes

6. Best Company to work

Current Employee - Manager in Old Bridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Old Bridge, NJ

I have been working at Sanofi U.S. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Great Culture, Flex time work, Cordial atmosphere, friendly team members, Good Manager, Good Senior Management.

Cons

Very volatile due to mergers, too much French domination, even emails are in French, career growth will be less.

Advice to Management

French owners, so it will be French culture only. Why should they hide it?

7. Need to learn how to pay up to industry Standards

I have been working at Sanofi U.S.

Pros

Excellent benefits and 401K match. Excellent time off. People are pretty nice for the most part.

Cons

Pay, poor leadership, revolving door at the corporate level. They do not give the best support to field sales force

Advice to Management

Please start compensating your employees competitively as compared to industry standards.

8. A good place for professional growth and development.

I have been working at Sanofi U.S.

Pros

The company really believes in maintenance of work life balance, company culture is good, training is a priority, a wealth of career development opportunities are available.

Cons

Employee compensation package is not as generous as some other companies. Performance management is not fair to all employees.

Advice to Management

Need to ask employees for feedback on how to improve some of the processes that are not working anymore.

9. IT Project Manager

Current Contractor - Project Manager
    Current Contractor - Project Manager

I have been working at Sanofi U.S. as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Respectful management. Good work life balance. Many challenging opportunities. Knowing that you are in an industry that is about making lives better.

Cons

Extremely large and complex organization.

Advice to Management

There is an effort to standardize the IT organization but it is still frustrating and overwhelming to navigate the organization and get work accomplished.

10. Sanofi, Genzyme... what company do I really work for???/

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Sanofi U.S.

Pros

my last day. The best part to me was being closed for about 2 weeks during the holiday season. Which I believe is standard across the Pharma board.

Cons

The systems used are a never ending rabbit hole. You can never get to the "right" person who can actually help you. The help desk is the HELPLESS desk. It's just a whole bunch of bs with very little reward. If working for a Pharma company is your goal, look elsewhere. After I left, I heard they fired my entire department. Glad I got away in the nick of time.

Advice to Management

Fire ALL management and start over from scratch.

11. Great company with competitive benefits and extras to help with health-related concerns

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Sanofi U.S. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and I've had mostly positive experiences with management. No expense spared at providing tasty and healthy food! Nice company events. Excellent gym and physical therapy. Can have clothes cleaned, car detailed, and pickup prescriptions all while you work!

Cons

During obviously dangerous weather they refuse to close the site, forcing people to take a day or come in. Then, after coming in, they may close the site after a few hours, leaving you to navigate in dangerous weather back home. Well, no place is perfect!

Sanofi U.S. Photos

View of main entrance by pond
sanofi