Sanofi U.S. Reviews

Updated March 14, 2015
211 reviews filtered by

1. Good place to work but unresponsive management. At times, politics gets in the way of logic

Former Employee - Director in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Director in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Sanofi U.S. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some very good people at the company. You will find that they offer a very attractive salary and they have the standard benefits package the is offered in the pharma business.

Cons

A little on the bureaucratic side not much trust of upper management who say one thing and do another. Be prepared to understand that you are a commodity and will be used as such. Moving to the use of contractors who replace FTE's. Always looking over your shoulder to see when the next down sizing is coming.

A little more respect, honesty and transparency would go a long way in getting the a better working organization

2. Great Place - Wish it didnt close

Former Employee - Safety Engineer in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Safety Engineer in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Sanofi U.S. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

nice people
    nice perks
    lots of travel

Cons

Closed site and laid off all employees

3. Hospital and LTC sakes

Current Employee - MTIN
    Current Employee - MTIN

I have been working at Sanofi U.S. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pays well if you fight for salary and increases at every chance. Big company and lots of places to go if you work hard.

Cons

Don't count on internal promotions to managers. Company has a long history of not developing their people. Everyone gets interim jobs, which I believe is tied to incompetent RSDs unable to make hiring decisions or prep their people sothat when open spots happen their folks are ready. Other companies will think something is wrong with you for not getting a manager spot sooner, but sanofi people including managers know exactly what I mean.

Some of the people on the bus are the wrong people and those who read this are probably part of the problem. Lots of people getting used to saying "we can't" and " we are our own worst enemy"...so why aren't the leaders fixing it?

5. Boring internship, not much work to do

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Sanofi U.S. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, stress free environment, lots of time off, summer hours, lots of free lunches/events

Cons

The job itself was pretty boring, with not much work to do and not many opportunities to do meaningful projects.

6. Pharmaceutical Sales

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Professional
    Former Employee - Specialty Sales Professional

I worked at Sanofi U.S. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and compensation are very good.

Cons

Unorganized and do not listen to there employees

leave

7. New Name, Same Old Big Boys Club

Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional

I have been working at Sanofi U.S. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Third Largest Big Pharma in the world driving revenue in 5 Different Categories (Diabetes, CV, Oncology, Vaccines, and OTC) with healthy Product Pipeline. French culture radiate from above which allows to balance your work and life. Minimum 3 weeks vacation plus Winter Close Down and Holidays gives you at least a month worth of freedom. Favorable Stock Performance from Wall Street makes it a little breather compared to other big pharmas with Share Holders breathing on your neck.

Cons

Poor management quality from top VP levels to DMs. From low balling salaries compared to other big pharma companies, their inability to hire intelligent and valuable and experienced employees (Talent Acquisition) as well as keeping the well performing employees (Talent Retention) are way below par.

The restructuring of Management Structure is in a dire need. Management was given too much power that it seems no opportunities for staff to influence in evaluating the management skills based on feedback from employees, peers, and third party analysis. The salary pay scale should be revisited compared to the industry standard (locally rather than nationally) in order to accommodate talent acquisition and retention. The management's ability to motivate and encourage their employees to be happier and better performers also need to be improved. Too much change and shuffling within organization can also effect anyone's career path or momentum.

8. People are great. but the company isn't!

I have been working at Sanofi U.S.

Pros

I do love the people I work with, the managers are very helpful, the department is fast growing.

Cons

The company itself isn't doing as well as one of the top five should be doing.

9. Great benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Sanofi U.S. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, nice people, flexible work hours, great vacation policy

Cons

Not enough career growth opportunities

10. Good place to work.

I worked at Sanofi U.S. (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits from retirement, time off, medical.

Cons

layoffs, poor leadership I had 8 managers in 7 years.

11. A fun roller coaster ride until they kicked me off

Former Employee - Executive Sales Professional
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Professional

I worked at Sanofi U.S. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, great vacation and benefits, coworkers and direct managers are great! Company had great products and leadership, but that has dried up.

Cons

Lack of senior leadership. This company will make a great case study for business school about what happens to a company when they forget who they are. Sanofi has forgotten that they are a pharmaceutical company. Leadership has gutted any future hope

Look in the mirror and ask yourself, do you know what your are doing? It appear to me that the new leadership of the last 3 years was more concerned about snacks and the stock price versus developing a good company

Sanofi U.S. Photos

View of main entrance by pond

+ Add Photo