Santa Clara Superior Court

Updated Mar 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

courtroom clerk

Curtroom Clerk (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

Prosgreat salary and benefits, great work hours. not a lot of overtime for people with families. the staff is great and there is many awesome co workers

Consan organization filled with benefits for the friends of managment

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees

Horrible, horrible, horrible place to work.

Legal Process Clerk (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsNOTHING well, maybe the benefits but if you don't have kids, enjoy paying your worthless coworkers' insurance benefits for their kids.

ConsEverything. If you have half a brain and wish to move forward the ONLY way is to be there forever. They consistently pass up the few good workers in favor of those who have union seniority. If you like being nitpicked to death, with supervisors who barely understand the job watching your every move...this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementDump the union. Impossible I know but without getting rid of them they will never cut out the dead weight.

A new perspective and appreciation of our court system and its people

Intern (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsThe people at the courts are more than willing to share their experiences and give you tips on what to do if you want to work in the legal system. The judges I have met by interning here are probably the best people I've ever met in my life - not only are they smart but they are caring and understanding people. On that note, people who do not work or intern for a judge ought to never insult one - you have no idea how much work they put trying to make the system fair for everyone.

ConsThe court cafe is kind of shabby - renovation time? But I guess not because the Santa Clara county has no money....

Advice to Senior ManagementThe city ought to give more money to the court to hire more judges to take the load of the few judges who are taking on the weight of the entire county of Santa Clara's court matters... then there wouldn't be a days/weeks of waiting time.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Satisified and Proud

Pros- Very educated workforce in the Silicon Valley which translate into educated incoming government workforce (rare in public sector)
    - Offers educational reimbursement and valuable classes both inside and outside of employer setting
    - Pay is competitive for area in public sector
    - Constantly trying to think outside the box (this is rare for public sector)

Cons- Level of competence of higher management is low (typical for public sector)
    - Lots of "red tape" (but again typical for public sector)

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately, you need more institutional education rather than relying on 30 years of work experience. This is especially so in the Silicon Valley.

Worked for Santa Clara Superior Court? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Santa Clara Superior Court reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Santa Clara Superior Court employees.