Santa Clara University

Add Photos

Santa Clara University President Michael E. Engh

Michael E. Engh

46 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent work environment. Great colleagues, great students. A place to grow.

Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe University provides on-site professional development opportunities. A Tech center and new multimedia classrooms. Accessible via public transportation. Academic environment.

ConsCan't think of any cons.

Student Worker

Student Assistant (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat work life balance. The staff and faculty are like a community.

ConsNot really much to say. I really enjoyed my job these past four years.

Great Working Environment in Affluent Bubble

Quarterly Lecturer (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsSupportive colleagues; beautiful campus; tremendous opportunity for professional development through workshops, classes, etc. Generous support for academic research even for part-time faculty. Generous compensation for part-time faculty compared to other local institutions.

ConsNo benefits for part-time faculty, even with extensive teaching loads, contrary to Jesuit social justice values. No job security or stability from quarter to quarter for most lecturers. Affluent bubble mentality makes most faculty and staff oblivious to real economic situations of part-time colleagues who teach for half full-time pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a benefit program for part-time faculty teaching 2 or more courses a quarter. Allow for quarterly lecturer renewal in advance of teaching quarter to allow for greater job stability and income predictability. Live the SCU values.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good opportunities for student employment.

Benson Infor Desk (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsFlexible scheduling, can work around class and other activities. It's a great place to go to college with San Francisco less than an hour away. They Bay area also has a ton of opportunities for post-graduation.

ConsThe jobs for students can sometimes not be engaging.

Santa Clara University was one of the best places to work for in Silicon Valley.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsMy co-workers were friendly team players, with the same goal in mind in serving the students, faculty and staff to the best of their ability, and worked together to reach this common goal.

ConsThe only con for me was having to resign and move to another state. I am hoping to find the same workplace where I am living now.

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate the loyalty and leadership as well as companionship, which created a positive workplace for all in the Office. Management was compassionate and caring and still lead the team to be sufficient and accurate in the duties assigned to each position.

Teaching Assistant's Life

Teaching Assistant (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsFun to interact with students, run experiments. Hands off approach to TAs lets you set your own schedule, though it always has to fit in with the undergrads.

ConsGrading way too many lab reports and homework assignments. Most students do the minimum and barely show up to extra help. Expect many copied homeworks and very little feedback from students.

Advice to Senior ManagementTAs need a better support system for labs. Either not enough equipment or just overworked.

Fine university, fine place to work

Coaching Staff (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe school has a strong commitment to its students. The school also creates an excellent environment for collegial, academic work.

ConsThe development and alumni offices are too far away from the main campus and this can at times be problematic.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay committed to the university's mission, especially its place in Silicon Valley culture.

Research Assistant

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsAble to make my own hours around my class schedule
    Boss is understanding of class comes before work

ConsCould have better communication within the department

Great experience

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsFlexible hours, caring staff, work-life balance, good pay

Consnone that I can think of

Awesome place to work

Student Grader (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood to work. I loved working there. The best part is that as a student grader you have flexibility to work according to your suitable timings.

ConsNothing bad at that level. Yeah but salary is not that great but you can do more than one job if you want there is no harm in working as grader.

Worked for Santa Clara University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Santa Clara University reviews and ratings in San Jose, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Santa Clara University CEO Michael E. Engh. All 46 reviews posted anonymously by Santa Clara University employees.