Santa Cruz Biotechnology

John Stephenson

just ok

Sales (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

Prosflexible working time. Not too bad

Consno rise of salary or improvement

Not at all what was promised

Dallas, TX

ProsI loved my coworkers. Everyone on my level was amazing. Good team environment. Also, the company is adamant that you don't work overtime, so there's never a worry of being over worked. Would probably be a good entry-level job for a recent college grad looking for experience.

ConsAfter my first two weeks of working at SCBT, I realized that the company modus operandi that I was fed during my interview was a blatant lie. No opportunities for advancement, low pay, and no sense that the management has any genuine care about your well-being.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees well and listen to them. Don't be so focused on getting the cheapest bargain; usually you get what you pay for.

Not much personal growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosone free meal every week
    horizontal management style

Consno personal growth
    no raise to wage/salary at all

Advice to Senior Managementprovide more benefit to employee!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not worth it

ProsPros: if you have a degree they'll usually give you what you ask for as far as salary.

ConsVery hard to get full time status. John and Brenda (owners) have little to no perks or benefits for employees, including opportunities for advancement. They are in a huge lawsuit with the USDA and it would not be smart to affiliate yourself with this company if you plan on going into animal health (including vet med) ANY time in your future. Regarded poorly with the public and with almost everyone who is a former employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your people! Don't be stingy.

Horrible Upper Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome nice coworkers, lunch once a week, flexible schedule (depending on your manager), and that's about it!

ConsEverything! The less said the better. The upper management will give you unachievable and unrealistic goals to meet in an ant size time and if you can't exceed that goal, be ready to get booted! Favoritism....there is this one person at SCBT who would spend more than 3 hours just walking around, going to the break room, restrooms, making coffee, then going to the break room AGAIN! watching youtube videos while the rest of us are glued at our desks trying to work hard and meet the unrealistic goal...and during the review session....this person's work or goals not met never get discussed...it is only other employees who have to explain why they were not able to meet their goals and blah blah blah....

Advice to Senior ManagementStop flying in the air and come down to reality. Set and be, an example for your employees by first showing them that you can achieve the unrealistic goal in the unrealistic time and then dictate others to do the same. If you can't do what you preach, then shut your mouth and get off your high horse!

Great start but ended badly...

Paso Robles, CA

ProsYou get to work with great co-workers and there's little in office politics. Offers typical benefits, paid time off, vacation, generous medical plan.

ConsGood on-the-job training but high turnover rate. Lots of micro-managing by the upper management and little upward mobility in terms of career opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide your employes ample opportunities for them to voice their opinions to improve the company and listen to them.

ProsEasy interview, typical sales questions.... Nothing really difficult. They will ask you to sell them something, that can be difficult when you are put on the spot.

ConsLong interview but worth it. Just be prepared to stay a while. Bring in your resume, references, and a copy of your transcript

Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Paso Robles, CA

ProsSome of the people were fun to work with. Nice Customers.

ConsThe owners ignore much of the negative behavior behavior from their employees; employees that waste time doing personal things at work: texting, social network, gossiping, etc. Very unorganized work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved in morale and what your employees are doing. Encourage those who are doing a good job.

Very Unhappy

ProsI am sure you can gain some experience there

ConsThe owners are not approachable. The middle management appears to not want to deal with the owners. The would rather lose good employees that stand up for the hard working employee. This makes it hard to know where you stand with this company. Everyone always seems to be on edge.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with the employees, interact, be friendly, be happy that you have some great employees working for you. You walk around without even acknowledging the employees and the work they are providing for your company.

Unprofessional and unethical

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOkay health benefits, will bring in lunch once a month maybe. Telemarketing focused company. Looking for well educated people to work for them.

ConsMicromanaged company, owners are very unprofessional and unethical to their employees. You will be a disposable warm body, you will not have a chance for raises or movement in the company. They want experience and high education but will not pay for it, compensation is well below average. Mostly students coming right of college because of compensation. Turnover is very high, and if you do not perform you will be let go as quick as you got their. Owners are all about their money, and could care less about any employee. Unethical practices with products and research happen everyday and it is just covered up by up level management to make it seem ok to the owners. Company was accused by USDA for unethical treatment of their animals in research. I do not recommend putting this company on your résumé. Very bad experience working for this company, and saw over thirty people quit or be fired within my time with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit being greedy, and start caring about your employees and maybe you will have someone stay more than a month.

Worked for Santa Cruz Biotechnology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Santa Cruz Biotechnology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Santa Cruz Biotechnology CEO John Stephenson. All 48 reviews posted anonymously by Santa Cruz Biotechnology employees.