Santander Consumer USA

www.santanderconsumerusa.com

Santander Consumer USA Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Thomas G. Dundon

Pros
  • The non-corporate location is very relaxed with the dress code(in 7 reviews)

• Growing company with lots of opporunities(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance and you are expected to work night and weekend all the time(in 8 reviews)

• There is no work life balance, no etics, no respect(in 4 reviews)

Met a lot of great people

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsA lot of openings in boston area. Top performers can get life insurance license and sponsors to take series 6 and 63 licenses

ConsWork a lot of saturdays. Pays less than personal banker jobs at other banks

Unfair treatment and too much politics

Programmer (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThere is 10% bonus in January.

ConsThere are Indian managers that give jobs to unqualified Indians and treat other people unfairly. Pay is below market and there is no annual raise. There is no work life balance and you are expected to work night and weekend all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people decently and realize that people have families and lives outside of work.

It's OK, if you toe their line

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLaid back atmosphere
    Lax dress code

ConsGive you a laptop, but deter work from home

One strike you're out

Clowns at the Senior level

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promotion based on longevity

Listen to the people doing the actual work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not quite ready for US consumer tastes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsStrong Northeast footprint coverage, good for local and small businesses, decent individual personal account products

ConsLeadership is out of touch, dated technology, low employee morale

Advice to Senior ManagementExpense control isn't the solution to drive long-term profitability.

Okay

Front End/Midrange (Former Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsDress Code, Most managers are cool and relaxed IF you are on there team

ConsThere is No Home Work Balance

Seems ok so far...

Teller (Current Employee)

ProsPay is decent, training was 2 weeks long and they did a good job covering the basics of banking, benefits such as PTO, the ability to be paid for volunteer work, etc. You are paid for each credit card or checking account you get.

ConsThey are very, very focused on sales. This is my first time working in a bank and I'm still getting the hang of doing transactions, but they already want me to get credit cards, accounts and loans.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give people any more reason to believe banks are evil. We were taught in training that we're not selling the customer anything, we're helping them. Yet you get in the branch and they're demanding you get 5 applications today or this isn't the right career for you.

If only there were a negative 5 rating

ProsMoney is decent but they offer no raises.

ConsYou can't get anywhere if you don't know someone who knows someone. Sexual harassment is ongoing in the workplace. Work/life balance and compliance means nothing to them. Once you sign for the job, you've signed over your life also.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on employees' achievements and what they bring to the table instead of what they "bring to the table."

Created internal applications and web pages using HTML4 & 5, CSS2 & 3, JavaScript and jQuery.

Web Developer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe people made it a great place to work.

ConsI had to be away from my home in Hollister, Ca.

fast pace and then faster pace

Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosalways on the move in getting into new business, more growth, good for CEO and people have a stake in the company's prosperity - highlevel management and owners

Consconstantly is very demanding, more and more work but tactical solutions constantly because of time pressure time-to-market, thus causing shaking foundation

Advice to Senior Managementwalk the walk - if people are being valued, reward your people, really listen and give them a fare share of what the company makes due to their hard work

Director

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFast paced, growing company with tremendous opportunity to learn

ConsThats the way it has always been done mentality for some organization

Worked for Santander Consumer USA? Contribute to the Community!