Sapient

Sapient Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Sapient President & CEO Alan J. Herrick

Alan J. Herrick

Pros
  • Work life balance is fair, but like any consulting gig that somewhat depends on the project(in 25 reviews)

• New joinees' orientation activities remind you of the core-values every week(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • long / crazy working hours quite often puts work /life balance off(in 171 reviews)

• No work life balance, No work from home facility, very hard to get leaves(in 40 reviews)

A job not a career.

Program Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLess travel if you work for Sapient Government Services (GS).

Cons- Sapient is a subcontractor to most of their government projects and report directly to the prime contractor which could translate to limited and less exciting work.
    - Short project duration if your work for Sapient Nitro so less opportunities for learning and advancement.
    - For those who are looking for consulting experience fresh out of college, I recommend one of the big 4 consulting companies.

Advice to Senior Management- Offer growth and learning opportunities to employees and be less focused on making quick profit taken on small subcontracting project whichs are not aligned with the company's core competencies. The management team needs to be more focused and strategic.

Wonderful company

Manager, Business Intelligence (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting and creative work. Unique brand. Sharp Folks!

ConsAt the time, they had decided to focus squarely on their SapientNitro and Creative Marketing business, which meant that lower margin work was left behind.

Great place to work

ProsSome of the best and most talented people work here. Pay is good, great benefits, vacation time is awesome,

ConsRed tape, upper management needs to communicate better with the staff. Not much room to grow in certain departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication is advised. Cut through some of the red tape, and the work will flourish!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, pays well, long working hours though at times

Manager, Program Management (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Pros1. top notch creative and technology work - digital agency work
    2. great working environment - caring people, challenging assignments, push to excel
    3. good compensation package - compared to other similar employers

Cons1. long / crazy working hours quite often puts work /life balance off
    2. lot of travel - especially if you are not in one of few major cities

Advice to Senior Managementneed a better work-life balance policy for employees with young family (kids)

Great company overall- will throw you into the deep end if you're good

ProsThe culture is awesome, even if it is being diluted as the company grows

ConsThere is a lack of structure in the way the business is run that makes it feel small

Great Digital Agency with open culture

Director (Current Employee)

Pros- Very open
    - Operates like a flat company. Everyone is very approachable
    - Very professional
    - Very consulting approach
    - Frequent promotions for top performers
    - Very competitive salary for lateral hires

Cons- Huge salary discrepancy between lateral hire and people who have grown within Sapient

Advice to Senior Management- Nurture the talent which will make this a great company. Don't lose focus on the employees as you grow bigger.

Good job to learn basics in presentations and professional communication

Project Manager (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsLearn how to build the perfect PowerPoint deck and facilitate customer workshops

ConsWhile I learned a lot of superficial skills (hours debating what type of font to use on a ppt slide), there was very little critical thinking on the substance of the problem and very little was ever accomplished for the client. That was also the clients less than sincere interest in change. So it was a dog and pony show.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet employees move around more to find projects that fit them.

A study in contrasts

ProsOn the one hand, there are lots of smart people here and the pay is decent. Everyone is unfailingly nice, polite, etc. And any excuse for an alcohol party will do!

ConsOn the other hand, resources are used inappropriately and the "hoteling" atmosphere is really strange. It doesn't seem to bother anyone that there are not enough desks or even space for the people working in the Chicago office. The system is nightmarishly bureaucratic and you will spend hours doing your first timesheet and tracking down that first check. That's because the person you think is your supervisor actually isn't. There is a different "approver" (I never even met mine!) for each person's timesheet. How this makes sense, I have no idea. The real work is never really explained because you'll never get an orientation or a personal sit-down with your manager. You're just supposed to intuit what needs to be done. Despite all the talk about teamwork, no one works in tandem. There are endless meetings that just take up too much time and that results in people working until late into the night and bragging about it the next day. The worst are the theme days where people are asked to wear purple or a team jersey or a costume...That was ok for grade school but aren't we adults now?

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better. Give each employee a place to put their stuff. Onboard new employees so they know what they're doing. And get rid of HireRight as the background checker! They f everything up!

very aggressive and cut throat environment

Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Prosgood pay. excellent projects and your relationship with ur boss is critical for success.

Consoverly aggressive. high attrition rate

Advice to Senior Managementconnect with employees.

Great Place To work

Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsFun and Creative environment. Bonus if offered. Vacation time amount is fair. Benefits are competitive. Salary Increase / Raises are offered

ConsThere really are not any cons to working here. There really are not any cons to working here. There really are not any cons to working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!