Sapient

Sapient Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Sapient President & CEO Alan J. Herrick

Alan J. Herrick

Pros
  • Work life balance is fair, but like any consulting gig that somewhat depends on the project(in 25 reviews)

• New joinees' orientation activities remind you of the core-values every week(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • long / crazy working hours quite often puts work /life balance off(in 171 reviews)

• No work life balance, No work from home facility, very hard to get leaves(in 40 reviews)

Great place to grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing client challenges to work on.

ConsUnless you are in the cool club, you won't get advanced.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep current with titles and salaries as people grow faster at sapient then industry norm.

Mixed. Great place to start a career.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood culture
    Smart and driven people
    Client commitment
    Great benefits

ConsRely too heavily on culture
    Limited mobility at mid levels
    Cliquishness

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to be a true meritocracy; personal relationships are important but shouldn't drive how rewards and opportunity is meted out.

Great place to work if you like to travel

User Experience Designer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat projects, smart people, great locations

Conslong hours, not great pay

Advice to Senior Managementif you say you do user centered design - don't let tech run the project

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consulting Manager

Manager, Business Consulting (Former Employee)

ProsThe company provides employees with more independence than others but this is mostly due to lack of infrastructure and employee support. So, if you are an experienced consultant you will do much better than if you are not.

ConsAlthough Sapient is a mid size company it is organized into several separate companies which makes each company operates like a very small business providing less opportunities for individual growth and quicker lay-offs when business is down.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people and infrastructure.

"Golden Handcuffs"

ProsGood pay, flexible work hours

ConsEgos. There is bit of an old boys club, those who have worked at Sapient for a long time and drink together so they are promoted and get to be decision makers. There is a lot of lipservice to "openness, client delivery excellence and people growth" But in reality it is more about making money than doing quality work or giving people opportunities to grow in their craft.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the egos and practice what you preach. Bring the right people to the table and respect those who bring experience and knowledge outside of Sapient.

Sapient has a ton of great people, but suffers from the usual corporate trappings you'd expect from a company its size.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Pros- The ability to "own your own growth" and impact the company on a global scale (if you're willing to put yourself out there and make the effort;
    - Incredibly smart, fun people, most of whom are very good at their jobs;
    - Strong local leadership and strong relationships
    - Great client book and interesting, challenging work

Cons- Offshore development model;
    - Process, process, process (red tape);
    - Focus on margins and client relationships, often at the cost of employee well-being and product quality

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people. Invest in your work. Avoid knee-jerk reactions to quarterly results (you're shooting yourselves in the foot in the long run). Invest in your people.

the worst ponzi scheme i have ever joined

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosnone. they hire experienced folks, but do not listen to them. they demonstrate no leadership, so the projects often waste the clients time and money

Consthey treat their workers as serfs or worse they have no original ideas choosing to follow the marketing herd. they don't value people, promoting posers who learn how to brown nose with the senior management

Advice to Senior Managementslavery was outlawed in the USA over a century ago, you should stop trying to revive it. your brand is a joke

Great people, good environment, off-shore development hours with good local creative talent

Senior Digital Producer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat onshore team of industry professionals dedicated to providing results. Lots of opportunity to grow as an individual and meet great people doing exciting work.

ConsOffshore talent in the DEV arena means late nights and early mornings as a standard when dealing with remote teams. Onshore team constantly shuffling offshore resources to meet all client needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent down the ladder so staff feel they are getting the information they need to do better work.

Fast-paced, dynamic, challenging, and rewarding

Senior Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe company has very talented and driven people. Sapient strives to hire individuals who embody the core values of the company, so you're generally in good company at work. There is a lot of freedom to drive your own career here.

ConsConsulting can be demanding and require frequent travel. There can be a lack of structure which requires a comfort with dealing with ambiguity.

Company with great culture and teams

Manager QA (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsStrong Culture of following their core values-Openness, People Growth, Leadership etc.
    Learning opportunities are great internally

ConsGrowth and performance process is slow and needs a change

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!