Sapient Global Markets

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great work life balance

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work life balance, and a focus on culture that is probably unmatched in other consulting firms. Learning opportunities for those staffed on a project are vast.

ConsWhen I first started the focus was on delivery, but lately many "projects" have been staff augmentation type roles with little to no growth for the consultant. Compensation is below market and not very competitive. Some consultants can spend months on the bench with no assistance from management to get them staffed. Turnover is also very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on projects that bring out the best in your consultants, and try to stay away from staff augmentation projects. Focus on developing others beyond random learning groups. To keep utilization up for those on the bench, give them non-billable roles on active projects. I mean hey, you are paying for them anyway.

Manager Trading and Risk Management

Manager TRM (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDecent work, reasonably smart people and good exposure. Most of people in Sapient are willing to help and cooperate. Overall culture is competitive and healthy

ConsLong working hours; most of projects are purely staff augmentation. Sometime there is lot of politics between Sapient senior LT , Client LT and ultimately employee suffers

Advice to Senior ManagementSet clear expectations with client and let them not dictate all rules of game. ensure that people working on project still feel part of sapient .

Good company to work for

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCollaborative work environment for project teams

ConsLimited Over site for new staff

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement transition mentor for new hires

Good culture, but limited development Good culture, but limited development

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible work schedule, good benefits and compensation, friendly culture. Broad training opportunities, mostly online. Sapient Nitro is in the same building and provides a vibrant atmosphere away from the library-like environment at SGM. Could be an excellent opportunity if your experience profile matches the projects that are secured.

ConsPoor communication with employees on the bench in the New York office; nearly non-existent communication with employees staffed on projects. Having to network within the company to get staffed on projects is difficult when directors responsible for that business are rarely in the office. I joined with the encouraging message that I would be able to expand beyond my core area of expertise. However, no direction is provided as to what training should be taken to get staffed on projects that are not specifically related to one's previous experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementSGM is top-heavy with Vice Presidents and Directors that are not billable or generating business for the firm. Be more realistic in your business projections.

Manager

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOpen Culture and Customer focus

ConsIf you know somebody higher up you grow fast

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to avoid small management groups within the company.

Lack of leadership

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSapient, not Sapient Global markets is a good company. They have good work life balance.

ConsThe VPs & directors lack experience in the financial sector and due to this, they cannot effectively sell work to anyone. There is a huge bench which is full of very capable individuals, but due to lack of work, they are being laid off. Some of them only starting a few months ago. They have several VPs that used to be part of Sapient and now are in Sapient Global markets, thinking they can continue expensing tickets, hotels and flights, while all the people below deal with unattainable billable targets.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all your "old timey" VPs and directors and bring in fresh perspectives and experience from the street. Listen to your current and former clients who have complained about your lack of expertise at the top. Watch out for unethical practices by a lot of them, its only a matter of time before someone notices and you get sued.

Great place to work

Senior Interactive Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1) Great oppurtunities to learn new things
2) You manage your own work
3) Great core values
4) Open culture
5) Work hard, party harder

Cons1) Nothing I can think of

No leadership and no vision for the future

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for less than a year

ProsObtain a sign on Bonus when they need you for a specific project as that is the only time.

ConsNo leadership in the office and poor decisions made on hiring based only on immediate needs. Sapient seems to hire only when they have a specific need for a project but once that is done, you will be tossed aside like yesterdays garbage. If you end up sitting on the bench for an extended period because of the lack of need for your specific skill set, you better start looking as it is only a matter of time before they will let you go. There were a lot of folks sitting on the bench and they reduced that by terminating about 20 people lately and most folks recieved a meager two weeks of severance pay. Keep in mind that a lot of these folks have been with Sapient for less than six months and were hired for projects that they "hoped" were going to be signed. In addition, management has been known to terminate someone through a FedEx package when the person was out sick for 3 days.
Can't understand how any company can survive like this or not be sued.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest with your people and give them an opportunity to look elsewhere if your plan or strategy changes which seems to happen overnight.

Empowered & driven

Senior Manager, Program Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBig company with a small-company feel. Be smart, driven and be prepared to enjoy your work experience here! Great for younger employees.

ConsThe hands-on work style may not work for experienced lateral hires; work hours are above average; critical to understand growth model in order to see personal growth.

Valuable growth experience on new initiatives

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sapient Global Markets full-time for less than a year

Pros-Great PTO
-Work Opportunities
-Salary, Bonus Structure

Cons-Work hours - can be a challenge when you have to entail the PMO process

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

Worked for Sapient Global Markets? Contribute to the Community!

Sapient Global Markets Videos

Sapient Global Markets – Why Work for Us?

A Unique Partner for Firms in the Capital and Commodity Markets Sapient Global Markets is the only provider in the world to offer integrated advisory, program management, analytics, technology and operations services… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sapient Global Markets reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sapient Global Markets CEO Alan Herrick . All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Sapient Global Markets employees.