Sapient Global Markets

Updated September 10, 2014
3.5

Sapient Global Markets President & CEO Alan Herrick
Alan Herrick

Pros
  • Great work life balance, and a focus on culture that is probably unmatched in other consulting firms (in 12 reviews)

• That being said, the work culture is good (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance can really take a toss when we are so eager to keep clients happy (in 25 reviews)

• Endless working hours some times (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been with Sapient for several years and have enjoyed the continuous learning -- there's never a dull moment!

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Technology  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Technology in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Great people
    -Excellent clients
    -Good compensation
    -Reasonable work/life balance

Cons

-If you move from project to project, it can become difficult to maintain a supervisor who knows your complete history
    -Without a bit of extra effort, it can be challenging to know your colleagues outside of your projects/accounts

-Don't forget your roots!
    -Keep up the good work!

Great learning experience!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Sapient Global Markets as an intern

Pros

You get to learn a lot here. People are helping and friendly. Work environment is very nice. Pick n drop facility available. Cool work space and canteens!

Cons

Pay is less as compared to the work load

Quality work

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Its been more than 5 years with this company and I feel good about the quality of work I have been on so far. Great clients and no maintenance stuff. Great peers

Cons

work-life balance can really take a toss when we are so eager to keep clients happy. you keep the client happy, Sapient will keep you happy. But I believe that comes with any service company which offers good work today

Learn to invest in good resources for long term benefits

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Have you ever wanted to work at the same company as Dilbert?

I worked at Sapient Global Markets as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Pay is average at best.

Cons

Everything else. This place really couldn't be any worse. Saying the atmosphere is like a fraternity is an insult to fraternities. People openly make racist and sexist jokes. Upper management exists solely to belittle employees. It is nothing more than a toxic sweatshop, and the company's only product is selling vaporware to financial institutions. I can't believe places like this still exist, but I guess the banks feed a lot of catfish with the money they steal.

Close up shop.

Great teaching company

I worked at Sapient Global Markets

Pros

Upper management are wonderful and are consciously always trying to teach you and help you excel in your job. Great company culture, great people and a great company to work for. Great traveling opportunities.

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep up the great work!

Definitely an interesting experience

I worked at Sapient Global Markets

Pros

Flex time was great when needed.

Cons

Not a lot of transparency, unless you are senior management.

Need to reach out to the employee and actually discuss their progress.

Sink or Swim

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Program Management  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Program Management in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Well it all depends whether if it works out for you or not. For some it works out and yet for others it may not work out. No matter which consulting firm you work for, you have to be billable. If you are not billable for an extended period of time, then they are going to let you go. That being said, the work culture is good. But again, I am not talking about the work atmosphere of the client. The work atmosphere of the client could be a lot different.

Cons

They expect you to travel to places and some times, they do not have the budget to reimburse you for the expenses. Consider the following scenario and I assume it is pretty much the same even with the other prestigious big 4 consulting firms: A company always prefers a cheaper resource from India. A delivery manger's bonus is tied to project delivery i.e. to deliver at a lower cost. So there is always some one from India willing to do the same work for a lot less and this is a bad situation for all the Americans. People very high up in the food chain i.e. management's bonus is tied to cutting cost. How to cut cost? By bringing a cheap resource from India. Hey isn't that the same situation pretty much every where?

High turn over rate except for those who come overseas from India (of course they want to stay in America).

Promotions are political. Hey isn't that the same every where??

Please promote from within and give preference to people who are loyal to the organization. Rather than hiring for a specific skill set from the market, why can't you train some people from within?

Great work life balance

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work life balance, and a focus on culture that is probably unmatched in other consulting firms. Learning opportunities for those staffed on a project are vast.

Cons

When I first started the focus was on delivery, but lately many "projects" have been staff augmentation type roles with little to no growth for the consultant. Compensation is below market and not very competitive. Some consultants can spend months on the bench with no assistance from management to get them staffed. Turnover is also very high.

Focus on projects that bring out the best in your consultants, and try to stay away from staff augmentation projects. Focus on developing others beyond random learning groups. To keep utilization up for those on the bench, give them non-billable roles on active projects. I mean hey, you are paying for them anyway.

Pathetic That this company even exist.

Current Employee - Director  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay - higher than average but what's your dignity worth. Avoid joining Sapient at all cost or regret your days here n

Cons

Ethically challenged people. Perhaps one review will keep someone else from working there. “Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have.”
    – Margaret Mead.

Strictly for people from India. Extremely prejudiced environment that mock and ridicule people from the USA. Preaches a set of values that no one follows. Still considering litigation.

Good work culture. Direct reach to the leadership team

I have been working at Sapient Global Markets full-time

Pros

opportunity to learn if willing to work hard

Cons

most of the time spent at client site which makes you feel isolated from the company culture and activities

Provide technology training

Worked for Sapient Global Markets? Contribute to the Community!