Sapient Global Markets

Sapient Global Markets Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Sapient Global Markets President & CEO Alan Herrick

Alan Herrick

Pros
  • Great work life balance, and a focus on culture that is probably unmatched in other consulting firms(in 12 reviews)

• That being said, the work culture is good(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance can really take a toss when we are so eager to keep clients happy(in 25 reviews)

• Endless working hours some times(in 7 reviews)

Great learning experience!

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to learn a lot here. People are helping and friendly. Work environment is very nice. Pick n drop facility available. Cool work space and canteens!

ConsPay is less as compared to the work load

Quality work

ProsIts been more than 5 years with this company and I feel good about the quality of work I have been on so far. Great clients and no maintenance stuff. Great peers

Conswork-life balance can really take a toss when we are so eager to keep clients happy. you keep the client happy, Sapient will keep you happy. But I believe that comes with any service company which offers good work today

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to invest in good resources for long term benefits

Great teaching company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsUpper management are wonderful and are consciously always trying to teach you and help you excel in your job. Great company culture, great people and a great company to work for. Great traveling opportunities.

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Definitely an interesting experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlex time was great when needed.

ConsNot a lot of transparency, unless you are senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to reach out to the employee and actually discuss their progress.

Sink or Swim

Senior Manager, Program Management (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsWell it all depends whether if it works out for you or not. For some it works out and yet for others it may not work out. No matter which consulting firm you work for, you have to be billable. If you are not billable for an extended period of time, then they are going to let you go. That being said, the work culture is good. But again, I am not talking about the work atmosphere of the client. The work atmosphere of the client could be a lot different.

ConsThey expect you to travel to places and some times, they do not have the budget to reimburse you for the expenses. Consider the following scenario and I assume it is pretty much the same even with the other prestigious big 4 consulting firms: A company always prefers a cheaper resource from India. A delivery manger's bonus is tied to project delivery i.e. to deliver at a lower cost. So there is always some one from India willing to do the same work for a lot less and this is a bad situation for all the Americans. People very high up in the food chain i.e. management's bonus is tied to cutting cost. How to cut cost? By bringing a cheap resource from India. Hey isn't that the same situation pretty much every where?

High turn over rate except for those who come overseas from India (of course they want to stay in America).

Promotions are political. Hey isn't that the same every where??

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease promote from within and give preference to people who are loyal to the organization. Rather than hiring for a specific skill set from the market, why can't you train some people from within?

Great work life balance

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat work life balance, and a focus on culture that is probably unmatched in other consulting firms. Learning opportunities for those staffed on a project are vast.

ConsWhen I first started the focus was on delivery, but lately many "projects" have been staff augmentation type roles with little to no growth for the consultant. Compensation is below market and not very competitive. Some consultants can spend months on the bench with no assistance from management to get them staffed. Turnover is also very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on projects that bring out the best in your consultants, and try to stay away from staff augmentation projects. Focus on developing others beyond random learning groups. To keep utilization up for those on the bench, give them non-billable roles on active projects. I mean hey, you are paying for them anyway.

Pathetic That this company even exist.

Director (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsPay - higher than average but what's your dignity worth. Avoid joining Sapient at all cost or regret your days here n

ConsEthically challenged people. Perhaps one review will keep someone else from working there. “Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have.”
    – Margaret Mead.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrictly for people from India. Extremely prejudiced environment that mock and ridicule people from the USA. Preaches a set of values that no one follows. Still considering litigation.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good work culture. Direct reach to the leadership team

Prosopportunity to learn if willing to work hard

Consmost of the time spent at client site which makes you feel isolated from the company culture and activities

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide technology training

Manager Technology

Manager Technology (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGet to work with upcoming technologies in a challenging env where openness is valued...if you like consulting job look no further ....sapient will give you all that you are looking for in terms of growth oppertunities

ConsWork life balance can be a challenge sometime...if you are not open to rellocate could be a issue

Its not awesome...but its not bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsQuick growth if you really work hard and incentives

ConsLot of work and client flattering

Worked for Sapient Global Markets? Contribute to the Community!