Sapient

Sapient President & CEO Alan J. Herrick

Alan J. Herrick

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Mixed Bag

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sapient full-time

ProsIntelligent and smart co-workers
Encourages all consultants to be well versed at visuals, presentations, facilitation skills
Wide variety of consulting work.

ConsArrogant leadership
Mob mentalities here in Houston - either you are in or you are out.
Some consultants speak and work in hindi(its indian headquarters based in gurgaon, India)
No work life balance. Let's put it this way..... Sapient employees' facebook friends are their linkedin connections.

Glossy exterior, biggest disappointment of my career. Happily working for company which values experience and new ideas.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sapient full-time

ProsAggressive recruiting for experienced hires. Training opportunities look great (often canceled or no time due to project demands). Salary commensurate with experience. Coffee mug is nice.

ConsOnce inside, outsourced business model all the way. Poor candidate placement. Project Leads with no concept of positive communication, effective team dynamics nor Business understanding. No positive action from mgmt for team in distress. New ideas silenced, must commit to our-way-only approach. Poorly defined and timed deliverables built from cookie-cutter methodology are prioritized over Business needs. Open & Mentoring policies touted in Boston seem nowhere to be found.

Advice to Senior ManagementReign in Leads with no people skills. Engage experienced folks or why do you hire them? Many Leads need training for harassment, discrimination, group leadership. Pay attention to what's really going on at sites. Frustrated clients should receive products skillfully sold. Employees shouldn't be fearful every day. Corp values you rave about should be true, valuable hires out the door for too many reasons. Clients need flexible, creative Leads and solutions, not rigid recipe-followers. Build projects/teams based on respect and collaboration. Hostile environments allowed at expense of employees & clients?

Amazing work, Amazing people

Director (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Sapient full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with (the ones that have been here a while), new ones still earning their chops.

ConsA LOT OF WORK! As clients come to Sapient expecting high quality, it takes effort to make that happen and in some cases, it gets hard to balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.. transition faster to longer term engagements.

Working at Sapient

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sapient

Pros- Increasing (slowly) business
- Lot of help from peers
- Diversity

Cons- Promotions based of personal connections
- Sr. management lacks industry wide experience
- Changing business strategy

Advice to Senior ManagementA good firm for new comers, but not much for experienced consultants

If your in the inner circle life is great.

I have been working at Sapient

ProsThey pay well. They are large and there for more resilliant than smaller companies. They offer access to an internal library for free.

ConsThey are not team oriented. They often reward one person for the work of many. You will advance quicker by hanging out at your bosses house or marrying into the family then actually working at the client site.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it less obvious that advancement is not based on merit but on connections. Actually practice the core values. Utilize people in the roles they were hired for. Do not hire developers and place them in Business Consulting roles.

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sapient reviews and ratings in Houston, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sapient CEO Alan J. Herrick. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Sapient employees.