Sapient

Updated February 26, 2015
3.4

Sapient President & CEO Alan J. Herrick
Alan J. Herrick

Pros
  • Work life balance is fair, but like any consulting gig that somewhat depends on the project (in 28 reviews)

• New joinees' orientation activities remind you of the core-values every week (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance, sometimes promotions don't go with the level you are performing (in 188 reviews)

• No work life balance, No work from home facility, very hard to get leaves (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

So far so good!

I have been working at Sapient

Pros

The company culture is fantastic and it allows for great collaboration between employees

Cons

Large organization so challenging to find the right person to assist in issues at times

Great work, great culture.

I have been working at Sapient

Pros

The level of work is amazing, and everyone from my peers to the leadership are incredibly intelligent.

Cons

None, above and beyond the normal challenges that come with working with an agency and dealing with clients directly.

Good Company

Current Employee - Senior Associate Technology Level II in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Technology Level II in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company is good for mediocre techies. Provide free training time to time, Perks are good.

Cons

Leadership is fine as well.

Advise to leadership - Focus more on actually doing stuff then just showing that you want to do good.

Nice work environment and top clients

I have been working at Sapient

Pros

Decent projects and good management

Cons

Work life balance is a bit tough sometimes

Great opportunities but work-life balance is an issue

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Sapient full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked on challenging projects and learned a great deal in just a few years. Very open culture, not much backstabbing. A fairly young demographic, which you can view as a pro or a con. Work hard play hard. Many opportunities for career growth and they allow people to maintain flexible schedules as long as the work gets done. The company is full of smart people who want to do their best. No one is dialing it in. From a compensation standpoint they have been quite generous. I like the culture and appreciate all the opportunities that they have provided for me to learn and grow professionally.

Cons

Work life balance is consistently an issue. Again and again, I have been tasked with doing too much work in too little time. Everyone I know has been in this situation, which seems to get worse the higher up you go. I don't know if this is due to staffing, planning, management trying to cut corners or another issue. Some people say "That's the nature of consulting" but I see some avoidable situations.

The open office environment is a mixed bag--great for team collaboration but also distracting at times.

We are in the process of being acquired by another company so there are unknowns regarding how the company will be organized and run in the future.

Staff projects appropriately and provide more transparency into the process. Provide more opportunities for the people on the delivery side to review proposals before they go out the door. Gain a better understanding of what the creative people do--so that you can handle staffing better and also make the best decisions for organizational structure during the acquisition.

Great

I have been working at Sapient

Pros

Its great, very employee friendly

Cons

there are no cons really

Senior Manager, Program Management

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Program Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Program Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapient full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, great company perks, good work/life balance, good benefits, tons of parties, company events, etc., great pay, bagels on Fridays and cookies on Wednesdays. Wellness rooms where you can nap if you need to.

Cons

Hard to navigate unless you socialize which is odd because I'm not always up for hanging out with co-workers outside of work. There are quite a bit of people that have only worked at this company their whole careers, so things can be a bit stuck in the "Sapient way". Tons of systems and admin processes that take up a large majority of your time. And oddly (something that bothers me), they don't reimburse you for your phone, yet they are a heavily texting culture and you make most of your calls on your personal phone.

There is a whole world that's survived out there that had done things a little differently. Embrace that world! You have employees that come from that world! It's different, it's scary, I know, but together, we can do it!

Sr. Manager Technology

I have been working at Sapient

Pros

Great people, customer and innovation focused world. Big dreams and drive to achieve them

Cons

Work life balance is not good. Expectations are very high if you want to grow

Focus on the over all experience of an individual rather than just experience in sapient. Better job at managing workforce strength

Good growth

I worked at Sapient

Pros

Best in all kind of areas. Tech BC options

Cons

Depends on the project you will have work life balance

Senior Associate

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sapient full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong core values designed to build a great company. You receive a copy of "Built to Last" on your first day.

Cons

Compensation was under market and work-life balance could be better.