Sapient

Sapient Reviews in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Sapient President & CEO Alan J. Herrick

Alan J. Herrick

Pros
  • Work life balance is fair, but like any consulting gig that somewhat depends on the project(in 25 reviews)

• New joinees' orientation activities remind you of the core-values every week(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • long / crazy working hours quite often puts work /life balance off(in 171 reviews)

• No work life balance, No work from home facility, very hard to get leaves(in 40 reviews)

26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Nice and stable

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsWell established business. It might get rocky on some new accounts, but overall it's pretty secure and people know what they are doing - it's nice to be in such environment. They don't lock down too much though and you have a chance to make a difference. They also do properly global projects, which is rare.

ConsA bit too corporate, but they know they are and are trying to change that.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to speed up implementation of improvement ideas that you are asking your people to generate and share. It's a great initiative, you just need to keep developing it and make it stronger. It will pay back.

good learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood exposure to learn new things

Consforget about your work life baalnce

Without doubt the London office is the most dysfunctional agency in existence.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThere are some really smart people here, and the desire to do good work is there. The pay is good. They can tell an excellent story about the vision…

Cons...but the reality is a bloated, lumbering mess, designed to fleece clients of unbelievable sums of money, and to bleed the employees dry of energy, happiness and lives. The senior management is apparently psychopathic with no qualms about completely lying to awards bodies and employees about the ownership of projects. The politics is crippling. The modes of working are antiquated and monolithic. The vision (Storyscaping) is totally out of sync with reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat advice do you give people who knowingly take other agencies work and collect awards for it as if it is your own? Sack yourselves?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very nice working culture.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEqual opportunity, nice working culture

ConsWork life balance is little bad in India

Great clients, great work, on-going growth / transformation pains

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat people, open culture, interesting projects, competitive pay, very strong corporate values. Sapient has a unique goto market offer and has a culture of continuous innovation

ConsSome dysfunctional UK leadership set a bad example, can work you very hard, can be very chaotic work environment. The pace of innovation is not always matched by ability to execute effectively resulting in delivery via heroes I.e. lots of chaos, over-commitment of resources and high stress. High staff churn is the consequence.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to embed respect for individuals (enabling them to effectively manage their work life balance) in how we operate so that we can retain talent and deliver even more effectively and profitably

Worst company ever

GSS Department (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe drinking every Friday free on the business and being able to work from home on occassions

ConsNo career growth, poor managers, poor leadership, awful internal processes and systems, very hire and fire attitude, for UK appalling polotics (if your not a yes person forget it)......

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the managers, listen to all the feedback and action on it - stop running a business based on weak leaders - you need strong managers and to restructure the internal admin teams - employ people with education and experience not neither - invest in decent systems!

It gave me a lot of opportunity to learn and got chance to work with some of the best talented people in the industry

Prosgood package and learning experience, training, etc..

Consit was hard to push the salary increment

great place for ambitious, smart people

Prosthe company is open to your trying something that interests you, even if it's outside your specialty

Conscan be a bit cult like - you're either with us or against us; comp could be much better

senior associate l2

Senior Associate (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosgood steping stone for your career, works with renowned clients so good exposure

Consvery high variation in compensation, promotions

Learned a lot and meet amazing smart people

Associate Creative Director (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosbig clients with interesting projects

Consthe hours can be quite long

Advice to Senior Managementpeople are your most important asset

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!