Sapling Learning
www.saplinglearning.com Austin, TX 16 to 50 Employees

Sapling Learning Reviews

Updated May 14, 2014

James W. Caras, Ph.D.

Great Company. Great Opportunity and Experience.

Factual Reviewer Author (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility to work on your own schedule, from your own home. Great people to work with. Quick to respond and answer any questions you have.

ConsAll great things to say about working with Sapling.

Sapling Learning, A Macmillan Company

N/A (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsOnce a great start-up and culture. Tremendous talent and people were once here.

ConsAfter Macmillan's acquisition of Sapling Learning everything went their way or the highway. Macmillan did a poor job of managing change and pushed out top talent in all departments of Sapling Learning. Macmillan hired a lot of their "friends" to top-level positions once Sapling was acquired and now force what remains of Sapling's employees to work for them. Sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop increasing prices and pushing out top talent because Macmillan says so. Realize you had something good but sold it quickly to get rich at the expense of many people and their hard work.

Company was acquired and went corporate

Austin, TX

ProsThe product itself is top notch. nice to sell something that works as advertised and genuinely helps people. Nothing else comes to mind.

ConsCompany was acquired by Macmillan who made big changes. Everything that made Sapling a great company to work for was thrown out in January. It's corporate now. I anticipate the changes will eventually have a negative impact on the company and it will become just another publisher's online homework system with the same problems as everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave the product and culture alone. You are ruining what made Sapling a great company to work for. A 30% price increase is not a way to win over customers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tremendous growth, working for a company with a mission I can believe in.

Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsStartup atmosphere. Huge growth. Constantly rolling out new products. Customers love the company. Good atmosphere. Central location.

ConsStartup: if you identify a problem, you had better suggest a solution.

Worked for Sapling Learning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sapling Learning reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sapling Learning CEO James W. Caras, Ph.D. All reviews posted anonymously by Sapling Learning employees.