Sapphire Technologies

Sapphire Technologies President Robert M. Dickey

Robert M. Dickey

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Wonderful place to work

National Accounts Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Woburn, MA

ProsSapphire invests in their employees with training, rewards etc.

ConsI left because I personally did not like recruiting and found it was not a job for me, but I loved my time at Sapphire. Loved the company the people and the culture just wish I could have had a different day to day job within the company.

Unlimited potential for growth, management always seeking ways to make the company better

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Woburn, MA

ProsAmazing people within the company, and the managers understand that it's the internal employees that make the engine roar. Positive energy. Trustworthy, honest people throughout the organization. Unlimited growth potential. fun place to work.

ConsIt can be a grind at times. You have to committ 2-3 years to really "get it" and master your role. But you get out of it what you put into it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at mid-level employee compensation. Comp package is very good for incoming new employees and excellent once you "make it" as a Top 20% performer. But there are some mid-level employees being lured out by competitors for $10-$20K annually that they would have made plus some if they stayed with Sapphire. Oddly enough, some of these people that left never do any better than they thought they would, and actually considered coming back. But I wish they hadn't left in the first place because they were great employees and people I became friends with.

A great place to work!

ProsSupport of Upper Management
    committment to continuous improvement
    community and outreach involvement
    always looking for ways to improve the work and personal lives of it's employees
    Great opportunity for advancement for people that lead by example, share ideas in a constructive manner and continue to evolve as the company and industry evolves.

ConsAdjusting from being a small company to a big company - there have been some speed bumps and will continue to have some but working through it
    The company is comitted to training and developing employees - looking forward to the company finding the right approach and programs for this type of sales environment. It's very encouraging to see the company's comittment and desire to succeed in this area.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No set plan for salary hike

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

Pros-Paid vacation time is OK.

Cons- Bad 401k plan.(minimal or no contribution from employer)
    - No definite plan for career growth.
    - Salary is average in industry.
    - Account Executives do not listen to you when it comes to asking for raise / rate revision. They continually ignore you and do not respond to the e-mails / phone calls.

Great company, great people, hard to leave, learned a lot.

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Woburn, MA

ProsSenior management is some of the best in the industry. Really know their stuff. They treat people right and want to help you succeed.

ConsTraining could be better, and the employee development (in terms of softer skills) has a ways to go, but this (and the parent company, Randstad), is a great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like to see more dedication to developing employees and leaders, because it seemed that the managers consisted mostly of top salespeople, not necessarily individuals qualified to "lead" or even trained to manage adequately.

Shameful Sapphire management in Woburn, MA continually lied and went against their own contract agreement

Software Integration Engineer (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsAutomatic pay arrived on time.

ConsManagement was indifferent and repeatedly lied about pay rate. Sapphire agent lied about the pay rate at the time they were recruitment. After I began working for them under contract, they cut my pay rate by 10%, twice and refused their own contract agreement.

Advice to Senior ManagementSapphire broke all reasonable labor practices; I intend to hold Sapphire Technologies a Randstad company accountable. I hope others will come forward to help stop these recruiting companies from abusing contract pay for Professional staff.

Worked for Sapphire Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sapphire Technologies reviews and ratings in Boston, MA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sapphire Technologies CEO Robert M. Dickey. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Sapphire Technologies employees.