Sapphire Technologies

Sapphire Technologies President Robert M. Dickey

Robert M. Dickey

Cheaters!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsSapphire Technologies Irvine pays on time.

ConsDon't be surprised if they offer you "teaser rate" just to lower it after a few months. They always call from blocked numbers, always have their voicemail full (no way to leave a message), most of the time ignore you. At times can be rude. And Sapphire Technologies representatives from Irvine, CA won't have the slightest problem with signing a contract with a very good rate, just to lower it after a few months because of "bad economy" or "client lowering rate for us too". And I mean 30% + cut. I know they do it on a regular basis, so at least I'm not special case. They just do it - that's their way of conducting business... Worst consulting experience EVER! Stay away from them!

Advice to Senior ManagementAnswer calls!

Sapphire: Another beltway bandit

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a job. I had very little interaction with the management. They are really just a body-shop for filling government contracts.

ConsThey are really just a body-shop for filling government contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm sure they have no need of my input. They weren't at all interested in it when I worked there.

There are many better staffing companies out there.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsBig Company. Stable. Young company to work for.

ConsSalary and commission is very poor compared to competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more incentives to make people work hard. No acknowledgement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fooled into promise of Full Time Employment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWages were on par with other contract companies.
    Managers never communicated or discussed how you were doing aas long as you showed up or work and put in your card for the week.

ConsInsurance is horrible - You pay out the nose.
    Contract to Full Time never materialized.
    Relocation expenses - Sapphire never repaid expenses
    If you have problems with the Company - they with the company.
    They force you to provide password information or your check is garnished.

Worse Placement Company I've ever dealt with

Contrator (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThey pay in US dollars, they found work somewhat in my skill set and that I was capable of doing.

ConsHired me and left me. Nobody was there when I started; three hours of sitting in a lobby. Once I was showed to a desk neither the person who showed or Sapphire every came by to see it. I was in the middle of production support. The recruiter who got me never came by once despite promises other wise, and in fact would come on site and not see how a new person was doing. When this lack of communication and bad work environment lead me to leave, I was threatened being told I would never get a job in Denver CO again. To this day they obstruct new jobs opportunities. I would never recommend this place. It's the worse working experience I've ever had.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to train you recruiters. It was quite clear I was just dollar signs to the one that worked me with. No even fake care about me as person was every given.

Only care about billable hours

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosvery automated pay system. Pay is like clock work. Pay hits your account within 2 days of your timesheet submission.

ConsI only hear from them once every three months to see how it is going. I have had several promises of "let us take you to lunch. etc....without follow through. The only thing they care about is whether you are billing or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview contractor turnover

contract employees need info for growth opportunities

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsPay was good and on time.

ConsNo information, absolutely none. Treated as 2nd class and totally knew it.

Advice to Senior Managementtrain the sub managers of each project to work with the people they hire as valued members NOT mushrooms.

It cost me money to work for these jerks

IS Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsTheir recruiters are very Friendly
    They are ready to promise the world
    They can get you contracts
    Their offices are very nice inside

ConsThe friendliness ends when you ask why you haven't been paid two pay periods in a row.
    They are completely disorganised, be prepared to receive numerous calls of "Oh, i forgot when i called 5 minutes ago, we need..." and then be prepared for them to lose, misfile, delay submitting, etc whatever you are asked to provide.
    They Collect enough information from you to get a passport and mortgage in your name but it still is not enough to process your pay..
    What other employer asks for a previous t4??????

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you pay people the wages set out in the contracts they sign at the times in those contracts, they won' involve the labour board, the salaries you pay are much cheaper than the fines, save yourselves a buck or two.

This is a sweat shop with no corporate strategy on how to capture more marketshare.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits
    They pay on time
    They will hire just about anyone

ConsExecutive leadership is overmatched
    Constantly changing directions
    1x4, Year of Execution are a joke
    No core-ideology
    There is no differenciator

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what makes us "better" and stick with it
    Stop the gimmick-laden slogans - "Year of execution" - Really?

Shameful Sapphire management in Woburn, MA continually lied and went against their own contract agreement

Software Integration Engineer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsAutomatic pay arrived on time.

ConsManagement was indifferent and repeatedly lied about pay rate. Sapphire agent lied about the pay rate at the time they were recruitment. After I began working for them under contract, they cut my pay rate by 10%, twice and refused their own contract agreement.

Advice to Senior ManagementSapphire broke all reasonable labor practices; I intend to hold Sapphire Technologies a Randstad company accountable. I hope others will come forward to help stop these recruiting companies from abusing contract pay for Professional staff.

Worked for Sapphire Technologies? Contribute to the Community!