Sapphire Technologies Reviews

Reset
2.8
Sapphire Technologies President Robert M. Dickey
Robert M. Dickey

1. Great company, short-term contracts.

Current Employee - Tech Analyst III in South Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Tech Analyst III in South Portland, ME

Pros

High pay rate, friendly staff, seem to do well at continuing your employment with new contracts.

Cons

Feedback from your supervisors on site varies.

Advice to Management

Enable employees to continue education via online trainings/certifications.

2. Great gig

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Denver, CO

Pros

This is an company that seems to really have it together. Everyone at the office is very responsive to my requests and I love my benefits package.

Cons

Benefits are a little pricey and it would be good to have an online employee manual you can access 24/7.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I have been very satisfied and feel like if I were to recruit for an agency again, this would be a place I could be comfortable.

3. A non-micromanaged environment with huge opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Bonus structure Incentives such as Ipods, Ipads, etc Management Quality of Life Opportunities to Advance

Cons

Base Salary Long hours at times Vacation Plans

Advice to Management

All is good.

5. Unlimited potential for growth, management always seeking ways to make the company better

Current Employee - Account Manager in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Woburn, MA

Pros

Amazing people within the company, and the managers understand that it's the internal employees that make the engine roar. Positive energy. Trustworthy, honest people throughout the organization. Unlimited growth potential. fun place to work.

Cons

It can be a grind at times. You have to committ 2-3 years to really "get it" and master your role. But you get out of it what you put into it.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at mid-level employee compensation. Comp package is very good for incoming new employees and excellent once you "make it" as a Top 20% performer. But there are some mid-level employees being lured out by competitors for $10-$20K annually that they would have made plus some if they stayed with Sapphire. Oddly enough, some of these people that left never do any better than they thought they would, and actually considered coming back. But I wish they hadn't left in the first place because they were great employees and people I became friends with.

6. A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Support of Upper Management committment to continuous improvement community and outreach involvement always looking for ways to improve the work and personal lives of it's employees Great opportunity for advancement for people that lead by example, share ideas in a constructive manner and continue to evolve as the company and industry evolves.

Cons

Adjusting from being a small company to a big company - there have been some speed bumps and will continue to have some but working through it The company is comitted to training and developing employees - looking forward to the company finding the right approach and programs for this type of sales environment. It's very encouraging to see the company's comittment and desire to succeed in this area.

7. Wonderful place to work

Former Employee - National Accounts Recruiter in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - National Accounts Recruiter in Woburn, MA

I worked at Sapphire Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sapphire invests in their employees with training, rewards etc.

Cons

I left because I personally did not like recruiting and found it was not a job for me, but I loved my time at Sapphire. Loved the company the people and the culture just wish I could have had a different day to day job within the company.

8. Great Company, Great people, Great work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

You work as part of a team. Its competitive but motivating - well rewarding Great benefits and perks in working for Sapphire Socially responsible company

Cons

- sometimes there is no work balance (depending on how badly you want the sale) - sometimes the cash flow is low due to it being a recession

Advice to Management

- offer tips and techniques - our success is your success! - keep up the recognition / perks - well appreciated!!!

9. Great company, great people, hard to leave, learned a lot.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Woburn, MA

Pros

Senior management is some of the best in the industry. Really know their stuff. They treat people right and want to help you succeed.

Cons

Training could be better, and the employee development (in terms of softer skills) has a ways to go, but this (and the parent company, Randstad), is a great company.

Advice to Management

Would like to see more dedication to developing employees and leaders, because it seemed that the managers consisted mostly of top salespeople, not necessarily individuals qualified to "lead" or even trained to manage adequately.

10. Great Company

Former Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Vienna, VA

I worked at Sapphire Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the work hard play harder attitude that people had. Definitely a work hard environment but still very fun and employees are given the opportunity to succeed if they so choose.

Cons

When I was there the Vienna, Va office had a lot of turn over with management which was difficult... The branch manager when I started was terrible but a new guy transferred from Richmond, and he was great...

11. Good company, old fashioned sales ideas

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

Contact with employees responsive when help is needed

Cons

LOTS of cold calling required

Advice to Management

figure out progressive sales strategy

RSS Feed </> Embed