Sapphire Technologies Reviews

Sapphire: Another beltway bandit

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I worked at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

It was a job. I had very little interaction with the management. They are really just a body-shop for filling government contracts.

Cons

They are really just a body-shop for filling government contracts.

Advice to Management

I'm sure they have no need of my input. They weren't at all interested in it when I worked there.

2. Cheaters!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

Sapphire Technologies Irvine pays on time.

Cons

Don't be surprised if they offer you "teaser rate" just to lower it after a few months. They always call from blocked numbers, always have their voicemail full (no way to leave a message), most of the time ignore you. At times can be rude. And Sapphire Technologies representatives from Irvine, CA won't have the slightest problem with signing a contract with a very good rate, just to lower it after a few months because of "bad economy" or "client lowering rate for us too". And I mean 30% + cut. I know they do it on a regular basis, so at least I'm not special case. They just do it - that's their way of conducting business... Worst consulting experience EVER! Stay away from them!

Advice to Management

Answer calls!

Good first job out of college, can't make a career out of it...

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

Was a large company with a lot of clients and personal relationships. Upper management was great! They seemed to care a lot about their workers.

Cons

Pay base is not even close to average. Commision is under par as well...the sky is NOT the limit. Direct management WAY to focused on numbers in which the company was out of touch with what was going on in the market. VMS is taking over and passing them by. Constantly worked longer hours(12+) and weekends to hit their goals. Direct management was unapproachable with problems and wasn't open to new ideas.

Advice to Management

start treating your employee like they are human. People need work life balance!! If people work overtime and put in extra time, they should be rewarded for it, not constantly put down. Work WITH your employees to develop new strategies for growth, instead of increasing production and longer hours. Work smarter instead or work longer! Try and create a positive atmosphere, but don;t be blind to what is happening in the Market and reality.

5. Not a good place

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

plenty of opportunities withing the organization for a lateral move Organization is big, hard to feel effects of downturn Hardly any lay-offs

Cons

NO raise Low salary - and compensation is pathetic NO opportunities for growth unless your lick the feet of senior management

Advice to Management

make some changes. We have to stand ahead of our growing competitors

6. No set plan for salary hike

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

-Paid vacation time is OK.

Cons

- Bad 401k plan.(minimal or no contribution from employer) - No definite plan for career growth. - Salary is average in industry. - Account Executives do not listen to you when it comes to asking for raise / rate revision. They continually ignore you and do not respond to the e-mails / phone calls.

7. They could do much better.

Current Employee - IT Contractor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - IT Contractor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

Healthcare almost immediately. Paid on a weekly basis consistently. 401K eligible after 6 months. Selection of positions.

Cons

Salaries are below industry average. Dishonest Account Sales Representatives. No vacation or paid time off days.

Advice to Management

Are you so greedy that you can´t even give us days off or a fair wage?

8. negotiate for benefits b4 joining

Current Employee - Developer
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

good health insurance timely pay prompt response from administrative staff

Cons

no online system to track pay/holidays no communication from management

Advice to Management

It wld b gr8 if the company changes its face from a 'consulting firm' to a software organization

9. Great place to work....if you are one of the Executives

I worked at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

stable; good benefits; little to no standards for hiring

Cons

lack of innovation or inspiration; the execs that ran a desk 20 years ago think they have all the answers and are not interested in listening to the folks with their feet on the street; the company is interested in two things: 1. production numbers 2. profit The turnover is so high that it is nearly impossible to deliver a quality recruiting service thus leaving Sapphire with no choice but the flick and stick. It's a boys club with a lack of serious career development opportunities for women.

Advice to Management

bring in a leader who can offer inspiraton and innovation; padding your own wallet should not be the number one priority of the company while leaving the clients, consultants and employees to feel the pain.

10. The first 5 years were great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

If you are new to Recruiting, great place to learn Not the best place for people with experience - you can get paid much more for the same job somewhere else The people were good (not so much anymore)

Cons

Can't trust anyone, especially management Very fraternized (if you're "in", you can get away with anything) Most people are treated unfairly All they care about are numbers, and then only this month's numbers Management treats employees like children

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees Get rid of your current crop of middle management - horrible Trust your employees, be flexible

11. Good people, great management, on the Up - looooooots of calls

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Sapphire Technologies

Pros

Good People, Great Management, on the up. Sapphire will soon be Randstad Technologies and be rolling out a lot more jobs. The DC office is great

Cons

You have to make so many calls it gets you. There is a different approach at sales every week. Desk work...

Advice to Management

Great Management. I think it would be wise to only hire people that have been in recruiting and want to stay in it. The job isn't for everyone

RSS Feed </> Embed