Sara Lee Food & Beverage

Sara Lee Food & Beverage Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sara Lee Food & Beverage Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer Marcel Smits

Marcel Smits

Awesome company

Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) Earth City, MO

Prosvery flexible wonderful benefits, I loved working for this company

ConsI cannot think of any, wonderful company

Great Company!!!

District Manager (Former Employee) Fayetteville, NC

ProsWell known company with great pay, benefits and most importantly great people to work with and work for.

ConsDepending upon the position you have it can take away some personal time and quality of lifestyle. I put in alot of hours to make sure the job was done.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your mid-level management teams and their direct reports. These are the backbone of your corporation and a happy employee will almost always generate more productivity then one who is dissatisified with upper management.

Great place to work

Merchandiser (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, minimal supervision, chance for growth.

ConsLong hours, rude customers, store managers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

its been a journey

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

Prosgreat benefits, get outside and mingle with public, work by yourself. abliity to create great work and outdo the competition

Consnot much time off, work in bad weather, not much of promotion, work long hours, too many carried items, advancement

well a good place to work in traverse city.mi

Refrigeratoin Teac (Current Employee)

Prosthey pay good and they are every good to work for. and they are the only pie factory in the area'

Consthey can let you go any time they want to if you in the sara lee food &beverage

Advice to Senior Managementthe leader ship at sara lee is bad they have no game plan for the other people to move up .

Working for the industry leader; "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee!"

Portfolio Development Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSara Lee is a strong branded company with a very capable leadership team. The leaders at Sara Lee put the people who work there first and that leads to strength in numbers. As a global consumer goods company, the opportunities for career advancement are tremendous. With operations in more then 40 countries and product sales in over 180 nations world wide, Sara Lee is a company with sustainability. Compensation and benefit packages are second to none in this industry and as someone who has worked for other companies in the same industry, the entire experience here at Sara Lee has been fantastic.

ConsI must say, coming up with 100 words involving negatives at Sara Lee is pretty tough. One downside to working for such a large company ($13 Billion in sales) is that sometimes things do not happen as fast as you might like. Working on projects such as new item development and or new item pacakaging can feel very slow. There are a lot of people working in the Downers Grove offices that can not wait to get their hands on a new project so that they can say they are doing something. This can cause things to take more time then someone in the field would prefer.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would tell then to continue to focus on sustainability. This economy is harsh, but for a food company it can be a windfall. People are eating at home more often and making lunch as opposed to eating lunch out every day. Sara Lee has all the right products to meet the needs of the consumer that is eating in and bagging a lunch. Cost cutting on unnecessary spending is of high focus right now and I believe it is very smart. The leadership is doing a great job and keep it up!

Company Review

Production Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefits and pay with bonuses

ConsNot much family or personal time

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Good while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbove average compensation
    Good benefits

I worked for the company for 10 years until I was laid off. I hold no ill will against them, but I wasn't offered any other positions in the organization...I was just let go.

ConsLittle room for advancement, they like to hire from outside the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within. I personally witness the loss of a lot of strong talent due to lay offs and downsizing measures.

Change is the norm

ProsRespected at work, empowered, good supply chain.

ConsChange
    Corporate employees enjoy many more "perks" than field employees. Holiday parties, cookouts, company store, on-site cafeteria.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's pick a path and stick to it.

it has been agreat place to work

SALES CLERK (Current Employee)

Prosbenifitspay working with a respectul manager being informed of whats going on in the company

Consfavortism insome departments and workplace romances to get the better jobs from their managers

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair and show some respect stop abusing your authority

Worked for Sara Lee Food & Beverage? Contribute to the Community!