Sara Lee Food & Beverage

Sara Lee Food & Beverage Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sara Lee Food & Beverage Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer Marcel Smits

Marcel Smits

Awesome company

Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) Earth City, MO

Prosvery flexible wonderful benefits, I loved working for this company

ConsI cannot think of any, wonderful company

Good for a little while...

Production Associate (Former Employee)

ProsWork was easy, basic work hours were pretty stable, overtime available, good pay for the area, and pretty good overall benefits.

ConsRepetative work sometimes gets boring, overtime that was manditory was never properly relayed (find out last minute that you had to stay so many hours over or that you have to work the next day which might be a sat. or sun.), management would say one thing but do another (could never take their words as true). Changes were made to operations or paperwork by people that had no idea what was going on or how to do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually learn how the 'people on the ground' do their jobs before implementing new elements or changing things up. Learn to communicate.

Great People, Company Changed over time however, far too worried about stock price.

Quality (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsGreat People and Brands. Brand recognition

ConsManagement, hightened focus on stock price. Excessive Cost Containment focus

Advice to Senior ManagementActions speak louder than words related to people. Don't loose site of quality in trying for cost containment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!!!

District Manager (Former Employee) Fayetteville, NC

ProsWell known company with great pay, benefits and most importantly great people to work with and work for.

ConsDepending upon the position you have it can take away some personal time and quality of lifestyle. I put in alot of hours to make sure the job was done.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your mid-level management teams and their direct reports. These are the backbone of your corporation and a happy employee will almost always generate more productivity then one who is dissatisified with upper management.

Company Review

Production Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefits and pay with bonuses

ConsNot much family or personal time

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Decent benefits and compensation, and holiday time off.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Johnson City, NY

ProsBenefits, compensation, holiday time off

ConsWeak supervisors, need to talk to higher management to make a decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have kept fresh bread division, just a matter of time before BBU dissolves Sara Lee name from fresh bread selection.

Went from great to bad in a short amount of time.

Category Insights Manager (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsA lot of access to a lot of great tools and systems. The culture as Sara Lee was wonderful, especially under the CEO Brenda Barnes. It was a work hard, play hard environment and we all worked hard. When she resigned, things went down hill.

ConsIt's a popularity contest to get where you need to go. In some departments, if you were a women..forget about being respected.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage. Take some people skills courses.

Good while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbove average compensation
    Good benefits

I worked for the company for 10 years until I was laid off. I hold no ill will against them, but I wasn't offered any other positions in the organization...I was just let go.

ConsLittle room for advancement, they like to hire from outside the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within. I personally witness the loss of a lot of strong talent due to lay offs and downsizing measures.

Generally good experience at Sara Lee, but I feel extremely boring about my job

Prosgood pay, working hours, and flexible work hours as a internship

ConsThe office is a sales office. My internship is in IT department, I only talk to two managers and another intern for the whole day. So if you really like to work in team and work with people, I dont think this would be a good choice.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more communication

Boring job

Proseasy, you do alot of busy work. I finish work by noon then after that I usually sit around and play cell phone games or think about how bad I want to go home

Consboring and no advancement. Ive tried to andvance but they give you no options. Ive been trying for multiple years and have way more experience and shooling than needed

Worked for Sara Lee Food & Beverage? Contribute to the Community!