Sares- Regis Group

I loved working here!

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sares- Regis Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Property management is a tough industry and the company understands that. They go to great lengths to ensure quality of staff, training program, and tools/infrastructure. The upper management that I met were all very nice enthusiastic people. The property I worked at was beautiful and had a great reputation, mostly due to the managers always encouraging us to do whatever it takes to get a high customer service rating. And the property itself was beautiful and well-maintained.

Cons

Weekend hours... they can be okay temporarily if you are working on getting promoted into a higher position. But if you like being a leasing agent or assistant manager, you're pretty much always going to work on the weekend. I think this practice is common at other companies as well, but it would be nice to see more companies have dedicated weekend staff instead or find some other way to switch it up regularly.

You guys are great to work for! Maybe consider switching some timelines or staffing so that weekend hours aren't always required.

Positive Experience Working Here

Former Employee - Community Manager
    Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Sares- Regis Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Bonuses Paid on each paycheck unlike other companies that pay once a month.
    My experience with the Regional Managers that I worked with was positive. Both were personable, caring and empowering.

Cons

You'll wait a long time before getting recognition for a job well done if you deserve it.

Stop the I'm Better Than You Attitude. We are all people who get up and go to work everyday!
    Treat your employee's with respect and appreciation, and not as another money maker.

Good in theory horrible in practice

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant  in  Napa, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Napa, CA

I worked at Sares- Regis Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training, good pay, good benefits and basic commission. Most of the communities they manage are great communities which are easy to market.

Cons

Upper management doesn't pay attention to issues until it's too late to correct. The company itself does not care about their employees and will disregard an employee contract and change your pay with no warning. They have fired people just to give their job to someone else to pay them less an hour and save money. Allowed upper management to hire friends and promotions based on frienships vs merrit are more often the case.

Pay more attention to the inner workings of the site. Stop penny pinching at the cost of your employees livelyhood.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management has no idea where it is going!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Sares- Regis Group

Pros

It was a job with potential growth!!!

Cons

Company operates on the highest level of the free enterprise capitalist models: When times are tight, cut everyone, and then re-hire if things get better. Company has no sense of long-term loyalty towards good performing employees.

Unwilling to acknowledge employees for money saving ideas that save the company large amounts of money.

Leadership is way behind the curve and can't predict where the industry is going.

Value and retain good employees.

Managers experience within the Sares- Regis Group

Current Employee - Director of Renovations; Assistant V. .  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Renovations; Assistant V. . in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Sares- Regis Group

Pros

A vertically intergrated construction development concern where the opportunity exists to perofrm on many levels and stretch ones abilities and experience . A firm that allows for cross fertilization between departments

Cons

A bit secretive and none informative with others in upper middle management. A core group at the top dominate and have a hard time allowing for new or different ideas that might be better for the company as a whole. Has a hard time communicating its vision & real goals to its employees. Upper management does a poor job fully supporting its staff and being accountable.

To be more involved & supportive of their staff. To be less secretive and more clear in laying out job descriptions and responsibilities.

An honor to be part of a great caring company.

I worked at Sares- Regis Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits paid in full, good salary and fun staff.

Cons

Residents control the staff by getting them to bend the policies.

Worked for Sares- Regis Group? Contribute to the Community!