Sarnova

Updated Mar 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hendrik (Hank) Struik

Rampant favoritism and inconsistent, weak leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sarnova full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are some very talented, very nice people that work there. I made some wonderful friends that I plan to stay in touch with.

ConsIn my department, leadership was very subjective and biased toward employees favored by those in charge. It became very apparent early on that there clear distinctions made between those employees and those not-so-favored. I was warned my very first week not to trust my team lead by a fellow employee in my department, which I found extraordinary. Unfortunately, I ignored that advice which later proved to be a mistake. The NSF were subjected to petty criticism and sometimes downright harassment by those in authority. If the employee attempted to bring this to the attention of the department head, there would be no real effort made to get to the basis for the problem and nothing ever changed. The department head actually seemed to encourage others to include her in petty disputes, which very often came about as a result of office gossip. I had never seen anything like it. It really undercut her credibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementVice-Presidents need to increase their supervision of their department heads. Insist that team leads be accountable for their treatment of those under their supervision and place mechanisms in place to monitor such behavior. Develop a modular training protocol that insures that the employee in training has the opportunity to master one set of skills before introducing the next level. As it is now, very rudimentary instruction is given before the trainee is asked to produce results which is a recipe for failure. Then, when the trainee makes errors, they are reprimanded which leads to low morale, which in turn leads to discouragement and more errors. The current system is an absolute disaster.

Fickle with Executives

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dublin, OH

I worked at Sarnova full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat folks to work with.

ConsExecutive structure always in flux

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a CEO you like.

terrible

Ummm (Current Employee)
Albany, NY

I have been working at Sarnova full-time for more than a year

Prosgood health insurance but that is it

ConsPoor management, long hours, not enough employees to do the job, no idea of what they are doing from one day to the next. It's amazing that they still have customers!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop over working the good employees that you have before it's too late and you have to start over again. All of them are looking for new jobs!

Best to walk away

I have been working at Sarnova full-time

ProsGreat health benefits and vacation time

ConsThis company runs on nepotism. The only employees that receive advancement are the family & friends of the management team. Spiff programs are never paid in full and the management team is known for punishing the employees that voluntarily resign by providing bad/untrue reviews. The sales quotas are so high you run yourself out of a job after 12 months.

Worked for Sarnova? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sarnova reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sarnova CEO Hendrik (Hank) Struik. All reviews posted anonymously by Sarnova employees.