Satmetrix

Be The First To
Add Photos

Satmetrix President, CEO, and Director Richard M. Owen

Richard M. Owen

Pros
  • The company has always been the leader in Net Promoter software since the early days when it was co-created with Bain(in 11 reviews)

• I've been here for three years and for the past two years, it's been a great place to work(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Some department takes people's hard work and long hours for granted(in 3 reviews)

• New product (Xperience) is over 2 years behind schedule(in 3 reviews)

Great place to work, super people -great new energy and momentum.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsSatmetrix is a great place to work. Energy is high and the market opportunity is huge. The company has always been the leader in Net Promoter software since the early days when it was co-created with Bain. Now Satmetrix has turned itself into the only true cloud software provider for customer experience and voice of the customer programs. Revenue and customer growth is on a tear and the product teams are building great new stuff in areas like social media analytics and self-service software.

ConsThere are some places where the company needs additional resource and hiring to keep pace with growth is sometimes a challenge. Focus on the big wins and make fewer bets to move the needle.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeed up the chase on the new market opportunities! The space is really cooking and timing is key. Get more of that market leading expertise into the product!

A very poorly run company

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe Net Promoter methodology allows for true business transformation

ConsWhile the Net Promoter concept is incredible it's quite sad that Satmetrix can't create and maintain a solid business model to effectively push it out into the marketplace. Their new upper management is completely disconnected and unfocused. There is no guidance and little to no strategy to work within. Employees are worried about the stability of the company, there has been many layoffs and the company culture has really gone downhill. There are some very talented front line and middle management people there, but they are constantly overworked, given unrealistic goals and eventually they leave. I wouldn't recommend Satmetrix as an employer, a vendor or consultant.

Really fun and energetic place to work.

Sale Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe cool vibe, unbridled energy and strong management support characterize the professional environment here at Satmetrix. The office space is spectacular. I like the companies focus on shared success and making sure that contributions to the organizations are recognized and publicized.

ConsIts hard to come up with a list of cons. The coffee is good, the people are great and the comp package is super generous. It seems that the office don't communicate with each other as often as they should.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing communication between sites. Perhaps putting together project teams that pull people from various locations will build regular and successful communication.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Satmetrix blew the greatest opportunity in CEM

Account Executive (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsLots of smart people, exciting engagements.

ConsNo visionary leadership in product, strategy, marketing or sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into the details and learn from the frontlines.

Coming back with a vengeance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsWe definitely had some rough times in 2009 and 2010 when we launched our new platform. I'm happy to say that I'm still here because unlike many companies, we put on the brakes, learned from the experience, and adjusted our path to grow from it. Not many companies have the maturity to acknowledge a bad decision, swallow egos, and fix it. For that, I have tremendous admiration for the management team.

I read several of the negative reviews, hence this post because I don't think they're warranted. I've been here for three years and for the past two years, it's been a great place to work. The first year was, shall we say, "very rough" due to the platform transition.

Even though SMX is a fifteen year old company, it still has a start up feel for anyone who likes to get their hands dirty. I may work in Sales, but I'm actively involved with the product road map, Marketing, and a host of other initiatives BECAUSE I WANT TO DO IT. You aren't in a silo here. If you want to spread your wings, you can - and that's the part that I love about the place. You can use your brain and make a difference!

Add to that, you get to work within the Net Promoter community - an army of people who are passionate about improving the customer experience.

ConsWe need to reevaluate the compensation structure in CY 2013 for our tenured employees. There are opportunities to make it more competitive.

Advice to Senior Management1) Invest more into Sales and Marketing. Yes, I am biased here - but we have a great product, operate in a growing space, and have massive community of people in the customer loyalty space who need more exposure from us. We should grow those organizations faster than we are today

2) See 'Cons' above before you lose some good people from it

Good at first, but ultimately disappointing

Account Executive (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsGreat concept - customer loyalty. Good consulting team. Good thought leadership in the category. Very good Net Promoter Conferences.

ConsSoftware didn't work - failed badly for many customers. Very few happy customers, and high customer defection rates. Highly political and bureaucratic. Didn't "walk the walk" of customer loyalty

Don't plan on being here very long

Customer Support (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThere are/were some very good (non-managerial) people at satmetrix.

ConsTake a close look and you will see that many of the positive reviews on Satmetrix are posted at about the same time. This is because employees were "encouraged" to post something positive because all the negative reviews were hurting their hiring process. Management is horrible at Satmetrix. Also, layoffs are quite common for people who have been w. the company over 5 years. They consistently lay them off and outsource to India. Check out linked in and see the employees for yourself. Additionally, the average life of a salesperson at Satmetrix is about 3 months. This is a bad company all the way around: product, implementation, support and management. Stay away!

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your product & management.

Exciting, Growing, Fun Organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros- Growth opportunity, good place to learn and grow professionally
    - Talented employees throughout US, India, and London offices
    - Passionate employees and management team for products new and old
    - Work is challenging but fun
    - Dedicated team with a good company culture

Cons- Had some slow years but recently came out with new products that are quickly growing

Terrific opportunity to work for the Net Promoter Company!

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsSatmetrix offers an exciting, customer centric solution utilizing a SaaS platform. The company fosters an environment of openness and collaboration and values feedback from employees at every level.

ConsShould offer more formal training and guidance for new hires.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on our customers feedback making changes that will enhance and enrich their experience.

Great experience at a company at the leading edge of customer experience, social media and NPS

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsBrand and product leadership of NPS in the market and on top of that the company now has launched SparkScore, the social media net promoter score that is truly differentiated and unique in the market. Already making tremendous progress on the mid-market with NPS Go+ and poised for rapid growth. The company has the right components (people, technology, customers) in place to make it happen.

ConsLong history in the market with an older business model that was hard to scale, but is not being adapted to the new model.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused and put the right folks on the right jobs to increase likelihood of success of big bets.

Worked for Satmetrix? Contribute to the Community!