Satmetrix Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014

3.2

Satmetrix President, CEO, and Director Richard M. Owen
Richard M. Owen

Pros
  • The company has always been the leader in Net Promoter software since the early days when it was co-created with Bain (in 11 reviews)

• I've been here for three years and for the past two years, it's been a great place to work (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Some department takes people's hard work and long hours for granted (in 3 reviews)

• New product (Xperience) is over 2 years behind schedule (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

ideal place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of perks working at Satmetrix
    -Massage Friday's
    -Fully stocked kitchen
    -Happy Hours
    -Great people to work with
    - CEO Richard is a great guy and loves to laugh, which makes the work environment lovely
    - Always have the TV on for the big sports events. PGA, World Cup, Baseball, Basketball, Ect
    - Great flexibility
    - New HR team has really improved the company overall. I've seen a great change

Cons

- mandatory all hands meetings

Shameful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Satmetrix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Office location is close to Whole Foods.

Cons

A company built on the Golden Rule (do unto others...) is unable and unwilling to practice what they preach. Most of senior staff are arrogant, immature and rude. Minor disagreements become major issues. Run for cover if you ever question the CCO; she'll turn on you with her fangs out. Don't expect any cover from your direct supervisor, either. They all spend their days protecting themselves. Some departments fight internally due to poor leadership and direction. Don't believe the positive reviews; they were written at the request of HR.

Sell! Soon! You're hurting good people and ruining the reputation of Bain, Fred Reichheld and the Net Promoter Score.

Rocky Road

I worked at Satmetrix

Pros

This area is to be designated to talk about good things and reasons to work at Satmetrix. There are none so off to the Cons.

Cons

In my tenure at Satmetrix I have taken notice, many a time, that as soon as upper management changes, the need to change everything ( even if its working) including removing all the employees who actually do all the work, because they think they can do it better comes about . Upper management has no backbone to stand up to wrong doing, as they are in fear of being dismissed themselves. The CEO changes his mind so often that he has gone through over a dozen admins in the past 5-6 years. The product team has fallen short of all new product delivery numerous times ( with out any repercussions), making difficult for the sales team to sell a product that claims to do what it really does not. If the superstar employees have not left on their own, due to being overworked and under appreciated, they are asked to leave, for one ridiculous reason or another. This company sells satisfaction/loyalty surveys but they cannot get their own act together and keep the loyal employees who got them to where they are today. They do not practice what they preach and their only concern is the almighty dollar.

I cannot give advice to management because each time they have asked employees for advice, which was really good advice, they did what they wanted anyway.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So sad to see the company come to this....

I worked at Satmetrix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Satmetrix is a company that just oscillates between the good and the bad. It's really a sad state of affairs that has one single common denominator that everyone points to and knows is the problem. Just when things seem to be going right they're always one bad decision away from screwing it all up, and always manage to make it.

The unfortunate thing about Satmetrix is that they manage to churn through so many great people. The ones that stay fall into 2 categories. The first, those people that would struggle to get the same level of job/pay/position anywhere else (mostly all the executives) and the second group are the people that are really trying hard to make Satmetrix a leader in the space (most of the regular staff).

There has been a significant amount of turmoil recently as they have gone about closing remote offices to bring everything to either California or London, changing strategy for the 100th time, and continue to bounce from one idea to the next. In the process they have lost all of their top performers and are left with a brand new organization with a lot of work to do and few qualifications/experience to do it.

Unfortunately, another loser in this equation is the customer. Almost all customers have lost their account managers and support has been outsourced to India or a 3rd party in the United States depending on how much they pay. Either way, the staff of Satmetrix who pride themselves on delivering an excellent customer experience, all feel let down because it's just not working.

Cons

There are so many great alternatives to Satmetrix that this place should be one of your last options.

Do the company a favor and just go already.

A very poorly run company

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Satmetrix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Net Promoter methodology allows for true business transformation

Cons

While the Net Promoter concept is incredible it's quite sad that Satmetrix can't create and maintain a solid business model to effectively push it out into the marketplace. Their new upper management is completely disconnected and unfocused. There is no guidance and little to no strategy to work within. Employees are worried about the stability of the company, there has been many layoffs and the company culture has really gone downhill. There are some very talented front line and middle management people there, but they are constantly overworked, given unrealistic goals and eventually they leave. I wouldn't recommend Satmetrix as an employer, a vendor or consultant.

Great place to work, super people -great new energy and momentum.

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Satmetrix is a great place to work. Energy is high and the market opportunity is huge. The company has always been the leader in Net Promoter software since the early days when it was co-created with Bain. Now Satmetrix has turned itself into the only true cloud software provider for customer experience and voice of the customer programs. Revenue and customer growth is on a tear and the product teams are building great new stuff in areas like social media analytics and self-service software.

Cons

There are some places where the company needs additional resource and hiring to keep pace with growth is sometimes a challenge. Focus on the big wins and make fewer bets to move the needle.

Speed up the chase on the new market opportunities! The space is really cooking and timing is key. Get more of that market leading expertise into the product!

Really fun and energetic place to work.

Current Employee - Sale Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sale Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time for less than a year

Pros

The cool vibe, unbridled energy and strong management support characterize the professional environment here at Satmetrix. The office space is spectacular. I like the companies focus on shared success and making sure that contributions to the organizations are recognized and publicized.

Cons

Its hard to come up with a list of cons. The coffee is good, the people are great and the comp package is super generous. It seems that the office don't communicate with each other as often as they should.

Focus on developing communication between sites. Perhaps putting together project teams that pull people from various locations will build regular and successful communication.

Satmetrix blew the greatest opportunity in CEM

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Satmetrix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of smart people, exciting engagements.

Cons

No visionary leadership in product, strategy, marketing or sales.

Get into the details and learn from the frontlines.

Coming back with a vengeance

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We definitely had some rough times in 2009 and 2010 when we launched our new platform. I'm happy to say that I'm still here because unlike many companies, we put on the brakes, learned from the experience, and adjusted our path to grow from it. Not many companies have the maturity to acknowledge a bad decision, swallow egos, and fix it. For that, I have tremendous admiration for the management team.

I read several of the negative reviews, hence this post because I don't think they're warranted. I've been here for three years and for the past two years, it's been a great place to work. The first year was, shall we say, "very rough" due to the platform transition.

Even though SMX is a fifteen year old company, it still has a start up feel for anyone who likes to get their hands dirty. I may work in Sales, but I'm actively involved with the product road map, Marketing, and a host of other initiatives BECAUSE I WANT TO DO IT. You aren't in a silo here. If you want to spread your wings, you can - and that's the part that I love about the place. You can use your brain and make a difference!

Add to that, you get to work within the Net Promoter community - an army of people who are passionate about improving the customer experience.

Cons

We need to reevaluate the compensation structure in CY 2013 for our tenured employees. There are opportunities to make it more competitive.

1) Invest more into Sales and Marketing. Yes, I am biased here - but we have a great product, operate in a growing space, and have massive community of people in the customer loyalty space who need more exposure from us. We should grow those organizations faster than we are today

2) See 'Cons' above before you lose some good people from it

Good at first, but ultimately disappointing

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Satmetrix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great concept - customer loyalty. Good consulting team. Good thought leadership in the category. Very good Net Promoter Conferences.

Cons

Software didn't work - failed badly for many customers. Very few happy customers, and high customer defection rates. Highly political and bureaucratic. Didn't "walk the walk" of customer loyalty

Worked for Satmetrix? Contribute to the Community!