Satmetrix

Updated August 28, 2014
3.6

Satmetrix President, CEO, and Director Richard M. Owen
Richard M. Owen

Pros
  • The Net Promoter methodology allows for true business transformation (in 13 reviews)

• The nature of our business - helping companies improve their customer experience -- is gratifying (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • All this is clearly reflecting in the direction the company is taking with the new product release (in 6 reviews)

• Internal fighting is rampent while the front line tries to make the product work for clients (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Heading in the right direction with good people at the helm steering.

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sales has some good qualities here. The day to day grunt work is made better by a fun environment and incentives have been very good so far. The leadership team does their best to help employees from the top down and the transparency in my department has been refreshing and a positive experience.

Cons

- People not knowing what our Product is (lack of good marketing, but they are improving)
    - Open office does not work for everyone

My management has been great and there is a good open door policy. Keep the growth up, and push the products that are going to set Satmetrix apart thus allowing us increase our sales efforts!

ideal place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of perks working at Satmetrix
    -Massage Friday's
    -Fully stocked kitchen
    -Happy Hours
    -Great people to work with
    - CEO Richard is a great guy and loves to laugh, which makes the work environment lovely
    - Always have the TV on for the big sports events. PGA, World Cup, Baseball, Basketball, Ect
    - Great flexibility
    - New HR team has really improved the company overall. I've seen a great change

Cons

- mandatory all hands meetings

Shameful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Satmetrix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Office location is close to Whole Foods.

Cons

A company built on the Golden Rule (do unto others...) is unable and unwilling to practice what they preach. Most of senior staff are arrogant, immature and rude. Minor disagreements become major issues. Run for cover if you ever question the CCO; she'll turn on you with her fangs out. Don't expect any cover from your direct supervisor, either. They all spend their days protecting themselves. Some departments fight internally due to poor leadership and direction. Don't believe the positive reviews; they were written at the request of HR.

Sell! Soon! You're hurting good people and ruining the reputation of Bain, Fred Reichheld and the Net Promoter Score.

Great place to work, super people -great new energy and momentum.

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Satmetrix is a great place to work. Energy is high and the market opportunity is huge. The company has always been the leader in Net Promoter software since the early days when it was co-created with Bain. Now Satmetrix has turned itself into the only true cloud software provider for customer experience and voice of the customer programs. Revenue and customer growth is on a tear and the product teams are building great new stuff in areas like social media analytics and self-service software.

Cons

There are some places where the company needs additional resource and hiring to keep pace with growth is sometimes a challenge. Focus on the big wins and make fewer bets to move the needle.

Speed up the chase on the new market opportunities! The space is really cooking and timing is key. Get more of that market leading expertise into the product!

Satmetrix blew the greatest opportunity in CEM

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Satmetrix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of smart people, exciting engagements.

Cons

No visionary leadership in product, strategy, marketing or sales.

Get into the details and learn from the frontlines.

Coming back with a vengeance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We definitely had some rough times in 2009 and 2010 when we launched our new platform. I'm happy to say that I'm still here because unlike many companies, we put on the brakes, learned from the experience, and adjusted our path to grow from it. Not many companies have the maturity to acknowledge a bad decision, swallow egos, and fix it. For that, I have tremendous admiration for the management team.

I read several of the negative reviews, hence this post because I don't think they're warranted. I've been here for three years and for the past two years, it's been a great place to work. The first year was, shall we say, "very rough" due to the platform transition.

Even though SMX is a fifteen year old company, it still has a start up feel for anyone who likes to get their hands dirty. I may work in Sales, but I'm actively involved with the product road map, Marketing, and a host of other initiatives BECAUSE I WANT TO DO IT. You aren't in a silo here. If you want to spread your wings, you can - and that's the part that I love about the place. You can use your brain and make a difference!

Add to that, you get to work within the Net Promoter community - an army of people who are passionate about improving the customer experience.

Cons

We need to reevaluate the compensation structure in CY 2013 for our tenured employees. There are opportunities to make it more competitive.

1) Invest more into Sales and Marketing. Yes, I am biased here - but we have a great product, operate in a growing space, and have massive community of people in the customer loyalty space who need more exposure from us. We should grow those organizations faster than we are today

2) See 'Cons' above before you lose some good people from it

Good at first, but ultimately disappointing

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Satmetrix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great concept - customer loyalty. Good consulting team. Good thought leadership in the category. Very good Net Promoter Conferences.

Cons

Software didn't work - failed badly for many customers. Very few happy customers, and high customer defection rates. Highly political and bureaucratic. Didn't "walk the walk" of customer loyalty

Exciting, Growing, Fun Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time

Pros

- Growth opportunity, good place to learn and grow professionally
    - Talented employees throughout US, India, and London offices
    - Passionate employees and management team for products new and old
    - Work is challenging but fun
    - Dedicated team with a good company culture

Cons

- Had some slow years but recently came out with new products that are quickly growing

Terrific opportunity to work for the Net Promoter Company!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Satmetrix offers an exciting, customer centric solution utilizing a SaaS platform. The company fosters an environment of openness and collaboration and values feedback from employees at every level.

Cons

Should offer more formal training and guidance for new hires.

Continue to focus on our customers feedback making changes that will enhance and enrich their experience.

Great experience at a company at the leading edge of customer experience, social media and NPS

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Satmetrix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brand and product leadership of NPS in the market and on top of that the company now has launched SparkScore, the social media net promoter score that is truly differentiated and unique in the market. Already making tremendous progress on the mid-market with NPS Go+ and poised for rapid growth. The company has the right components (people, technology, customers) in place to make it happen.

Cons

Long history in the market with an older business model that was hard to scale, but is not being adapted to the new model.

Stay focused and put the right folks on the right jobs to increase likelihood of success of big bets.