Satori Software Reviews

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014

Dale Garrett

Small company but big company problems.

Former Employee - Account Development Representative  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Satori Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small companies give you a unique opportunity to leverage your skills for better than average pay. In my experience it was relatively easy to pitch a case for why I should be paid more and succeed. Recognizing success is also easier in one sense because you can clearly affect the bottom line. However, in small companies sometimes there isn't enough competition to make the stand-out employees actually stand out.

Cons

It is critical in a small company to have the support of your direct manager. I have seen people hired and fired based solely on connections up the ladder, not based off of performance or skill.

Level the playing field and evaluate all your employees equally. Stop letting personal biases get in the way of retaining top talent.

Sales sink

Former Employee - Sales  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at Satori Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Location - this is the most redeeming quality of this company is working downtown in prime location. Decent work/life balance. Was fun for awhile but most of those people have been let go or moved on

Cons

Management and dying industry - ok you're focused on mailing software.....errrr, I mean data quality. They are trying to spin the technology to get "outside the box" of just simple mailing software but at it's heart that is exactly what this product is/does. Have fun learning USPS reqs and dealing with a management team who is not knowledgeable and not helpful whatsoever

Better positioning of the product, is there a marketing team? Keep employees INFORMED of exactly what is happening - stop laying off your experienced performers who are "earning too much".

Good luck relying on folks straight out of college with little or no experience.

Lost potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Satori Software

Pros

There are some very smart people working here; nice coworkers, casual culture, flexible work schedule; downtown location, free ORCA card, onsite gym, and financially doing great.

Cons

Not investing in employees' growth or career development, unless you're in certain departments that get anything they want. Double standards. Resistance to change and new ideas, again unless you're one of the favorites. Part of the problem seems to be the parent company in Europe restricting how much profit can be spent to grow the company. As a result, the once-good morale is slipping.

Value all of your employees and invest in all of them, not just a few. Pay attention to the requests and take their stress seriously (especially tech support, which is understaffed). Take to heart the company value that happy employees lead to happy customers. I don't think this is given any serious consideration by leadership.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

YOU control how far you go

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Satori Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The organization is relatively "flat", and communication lines are open across all departments and all levels. The executive team is super-accessible. Compensation is competitive in the market, although if you're in tech and want to make oodles of money, you're probably more likely to look at Google or Amazon. Work-life balance is passionately protected.

Cons

The company, while having been around a long time (30 years?), is still pretty small, and despite its age, has rather immature processes in all departments. This could be seen as a pro though, since an opportunity to make positive impacts on efficiency and bottom line through tiny actions will cross your desk every single day. The biggest negative? The industry - mailing. The future of postal entities around the world is uncertain, and development is at the mercy of regulatory changes with fixed deadlines. The company is also acquiring other technologies and companies to stay competitive in the shrinking mailing market, which causes churn while the company assimilates new people, processes and technology. None of this is insurmountable, but it does make for a lot of moving parts. I have heard some people complain about having too much work or feeling like they don't have power to change things. However, while I feel like I have more work than I can deliver right now, that situation exists because I signed up for it myself, and my senior management has always responded to my concrete requests for assistance - I feel that I'm in control of where I take my career.

Continue to grow the company, carefully though, thinking through the hidden costs of an acquisition, not just the check we have to write to purchase it. Encourage employees to focus not just on how we can earn more revenue or cut costs, but also how we can operate better as a company. Challenge all of us to look critically at our status quo, and don't let us accept "because that's how we have always done things" as a valid answer for why we do something that may or may not be relevant in today's environment.

More Democracy needed in the workplace

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Satori Software

Pros

Downtown, convenient, good benefits including bus pass, great ping pong on Friday afternoons.

Cons

This is a very micromanaged place. Information is not shared. Employees can be very competitive with one another. The person managing often is lacking in technical knowledge. This is the most uncomfortable place I have ever worked in my life.

Stop micromanaging and treat employees with respect. Trust them. Share knowledge. Do not run company like a dictatorship.

Take, take and never return

Former Employee - Developer
    Former Employee - Developer

I worked at Satori Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly working environment, but not much else

Cons

Doesn't return emails when trying to claim back pay after leaving the company due to their financial difficulties, management firmly set of servicing favorites, does not invest in employees, quick to threaten action, poor when it comes to keeping people in the loop and frequently misleads. We are part way through 2014 and promises made at the start of 2013 have not been even remotely addressed

You need to honor what you owe and more over, honor your responsibilities. It is not enough to say you will do something, do it.

Worked for Satori Software? Contribute to the Community!