Saturn Infotech

www.saturninfotech.com

Saturn Infotech Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Steve Vibhute

Saturn is a good place for self starters to work

Programmer Analyst- Oracle Applications (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsSaturn is a dynamic, open place to gain experience and challenge yourself. I was hired and learnt the new technology in a short time frame. The work is challenging and schedules are flexible. I have worked at a combination of client sites and Saturn office in North Wales. The project keeps people engaged and informed.

ConsOur career is in your hands more than most other places, which is good, but for those not used to such a system, there is a learning curve which can be detrimental. There are systems in place to assist you with your career track but the overall approach can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more open communication to those you are seeking to bring on to a role and those who are working on your teams would go a long way.

Get to learn a lot about industry as you get to see lot of challenges and help resolve them at different clients.

Hyperion Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery talented bunch of people to work with

ConsWork life balance is a challenge if you are travelling

Great place to start a consulting career.

Senior Hyperion Essbase/Planning Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros* Excellent tools, frameworks and methodologies to reference for all types of work
    * Variety of clients and business industries
    * Excellent technical tools and resources
    * 401K match, generous Paid Time Off accrual
    * Bench and Referral Bonus
    * Great thought leader -- publishes good material that strengthens the brand
    * Management constantly re-evaluates the business, organization, and strategy and makes adjustments. i.e. a consulting firm that is self-reflective and dynamic.

Cons* Many projects are based 100% at the client site, so your work experience at Saturn will be completely based on the team mates (if any) and project leadership. Some good and some not and have poor morale and higher turn-over.
    * Related to above, I noticed that many people would leave for a competing firm and try to be fish in a sea rather than staying and become whale in a pond. (though this is a symptom at many consulting firms-- not just Saturn.)
    * Still a bit of an "old boys" club - if you are out going, sociable and good at networking, you will do fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful place to start your career, work and grow

Hyperion Administrator (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI have been with the company for two years now. Great people for the most part, smart and reasonable.

ConsLike any consulting job, you will have challenges, tough clients and difficult colleagues to work with at times. But it is what you make of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe would like you to give us different domain and location experience too. Sometime working in one industry freezes our career growth. We are happy with travel.

Speak softly but carry a big stick

Project Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsSaturn Infotech may not be as large as some of the other consulting firms like Infosys/Wipro/TCS, but it is a serious contender when it comes to managing a sophisticated Oracle BI/EPM implementation project.
    - Professional staff
    - Very knowledgeable leads
    - High business acumen
    - Oracle BI/EPM experts
    - Very cool paid time off policy
    - Place importance on staff development and input
    - Strong emphasis on efficient business process

ConsNot all the benefits of a larger business but getting there

Epicor ERP Consultant

Epicor ERP Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsRight from the first telephone call to my last paycheck, I found Saturn Infotech and all of the staff to be the upmost professional organization. I have dealt with in the past. Other MAJOR consulting firms simply ignore you after you apply. Never provide you with a job possibility and simply don't care. Just the opposite occurs with Saturn. I was treated as a professional, every pre and post hiring contact was important to them and they were always available to answer questions.

ConsThe only challenge that I found was that the firm did not have another assignment for me when my last one ended. Again, that is not their fault since they are focused on Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) and Oracle Enterprise Management (EPM)/Hyperion.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise them to keep doing good things the way they are doing them now, particularly not losing sight of the employees. I would also have liked to see more of an opportunity to discuss future plans and perhaps develop a strategy to keep me employed with them.

High energy, very smart people, lots of opportunity to advance.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun culture, super smart people, great benefits , fast paced, cutting edge technology projects. You are in charge of your destiny so it's pretty much up to you to step up or sit down. If you sit down too long, you won't last. There is opportunity everywhere as long as you have the attitude to do something with it. Most everyone is incredibly helpful.

ConsCompany is growing fast and there are some growing pains associated with that.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in front line manager.

A great company for anyone willing to be friendly and work hard

Manager (Current Employee) North Wales, PA

ProsSaturn is a wonderful place to work for a number of reasons. They obviously care about their employees and have pool parties and get together outside of office. Everyone seems to be exceptionally friendly to the point that it is clearly a criteria for hiring. Additionally, the company has a bright future.

ConsThe only real con I could think of as far as working at Saturn Infotech would be the lack of significant offices in other states. And honestly, this is only an issue for someone like myself who would love to travel.

Great place to start

Financial & Systems Management Analyst (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat place to launch career
    Competitive salary compared to other firms
    A lot of resources available to learn and grow

ConsWork life Balance
    The command chain can be tough at sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more clear in communication. Have more meetings.

Intern

Financial Management Analyst (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat place to learn. Training is robust. You are quickly thrown into the line of fire so to speak and so you have to quickly adapt and learn on your feet to ensure you meet Managers expectations. Learned a lot in the short time I worked there

ConsThe long hours, while a good learning opportunity are demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage new hires.

Worked for Saturn Infotech? Contribute to the Community!