Saturn Infotech

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
3.8

Steve Vibhute

“Employee friendly company, with high ethics and integrity, diverse set of projects and service offerings ”

Former Employee - Oracle Applications Business Systems Analyst in North Wales, PA

I worked at Saturn Infotech as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Good working environment and work balance. Nice and smart colleagues to work with. They provide free food on Thursdays. They have Interesting projects for interns nationwide in USA. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, employee friendly company, great job security, Work-life balance is just excellent , Diverse client-base nationwide, well set-up infrastructure, and great flexibility of work environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Former Employee Review

Former Employee - Systems Analyst
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst

I worked at Saturn Infotech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learn a lot of the programs, gain a lot of experience with Oracle Systems, Take official certifications that can be carried on with other jobs and positions.

Cons

Not really much room for growth in position, not many perks and long working hours. Very little compensation for moving costs or travel. No standard for training

Create a more standardization of the training process, Make the office a bit more professional

Good

Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Saturn Infotech as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It is good to start with and also help the new comers to work together

Cons

Compensation is good and with this can manage the social

Please concentrate to the every part of the company

Work somewhere else if you can!

I worked at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sponsors H1B visa
    High salary - but all IT firms pay high
    Provides accommodation during training period
    CEO is the only nice person here

Cons

Always talking in their own language
    Lies about a lot of things from the beginning!!
    Management is plain rude and you have to run behind people to help you every single time you are stuck, and have to sit for hours till they get free

Be polite and care more about people training there
    CEO is the only reason I gave it 1 star

Saturn is a good place for self starters to work

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst- Oracle Applications in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst- Oracle Applications in Austin, TX

I have been working at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Saturn is a dynamic, open place to gain experience and challenge yourself. I was hired and learnt the new technology in a short time frame. The work is challenging and schedules are flexible. I have worked at a combination of client sites and Saturn office in North Wales. The project keeps people engaged and informed.

Cons

Our career is in your hands more than most other places, which is good, but for those not used to such a system, there is a learning curve which can be detrimental. There are systems in place to assist you with your career track but the overall approach can be a challenge.

A little more open communication to those you are seeking to bring on to a role and those who are working on your teams would go a long way.

Get to learn a lot about industry as you get to see lot of challenges and help resolve them at different clients.

Current Employee - Hyperion Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Hyperion Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very talented bunch of people to work with

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge if you are travelling

Great place to start a consulting career.

Current Employee - Senior Hyperion Essbase/Planning Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Hyperion Essbase/Planning Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* Excellent tools, frameworks and methodologies to reference for all types of work
    * Variety of clients and business industries
    * Excellent technical tools and resources
    * 401K match, generous Paid Time Off accrual
    * Bench and Referral Bonus
    * Great thought leader -- publishes good material that strengthens the brand
    * Management constantly re-evaluates the business, organization, and strategy and makes adjustments. i.e. a consulting firm that is self-reflective and dynamic.

Cons

* Many projects are based 100% at the client site, so your work experience at Saturn will be completely based on the team mates (if any) and project leadership. Some good and some not and have poor morale and higher turn-over.
    * Related to above, I noticed that many people would leave for a competing firm and try to be fish in a sea rather than staying and become whale in a pond. (though this is a symptom at many consulting firms-- not just Saturn.)
    * Still a bit of an "old boys" club - if you are out going, sociable and good at networking, you will do fine.

Keep up the good work!!!

Wonderful place to start your career, work and grow

Current Employee - Hyperion Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Hyperion Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been with the company for two years now. Great people for the most part, smart and reasonable.

Cons

Like any consulting job, you will have challenges, tough clients and difficult colleagues to work with at times. But it is what you make of it.

We would like you to give us different domain and location experience too. Sometime working in one industry freezes our career growth. We are happy with travel.

Speak softly but carry a big stick

Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Saturn Infotech may not be as large as some of the other consulting firms like Infosys/Wipro/TCS, but it is a serious contender when it comes to managing a sophisticated Oracle BI/EPM implementation project.
    - Professional staff
    - Very knowledgeable leads
    - High business acumen
    - Oracle BI/EPM experts
    - Very cool paid time off policy
    - Place importance on staff development and input
    - Strong emphasis on efficient business process

Cons

Not all the benefits of a larger business but getting there

Epicor ERP Consultant

Former Employee - Epicor ERP Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Epicor ERP Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Right from the first telephone call to my last paycheck, I found Saturn Infotech and all of the staff to be the upmost professional organization. I have dealt with in the past. Other MAJOR consulting firms simply ignore you after you apply. Never provide you with a job possibility and simply don't care. Just the opposite occurs with Saturn. I was treated as a professional, every pre and post hiring contact was important to them and they were always available to answer questions.

Cons

The only challenge that I found was that the firm did not have another assignment for me when my last one ended. Again, that is not their fault since they are focused on Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) and Oracle Enterprise Management (EPM)/Hyperion.

I would advise them to keep doing good things the way they are doing them now, particularly not losing sight of the employees. I would also have liked to see more of an opportunity to discuss future plans and perhaps develop a strategy to keep me employed with them.