Saturn Infotech

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
3.6

Steve Vibhute

“Employee friendly company, with high ethics and integrity, diverse set of projects and service offerings ”

Former Intern - Oracle Applications Business Systems Analyst in North Wales, PA
    Former Intern - Oracle Applications Business Systems Analyst in North Wales, PA

I worked at Saturn Infotech as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Good working environment and work balance. Nice and smart colleagues to work with. They provide free food on Thursdays. They have Interesting projects for interns nationwide in USA. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, employee friendly company, great job security, Work-life balance is just excellent , Diverse client-base nationwide, well set-up infrastructure, and great flexibility of work environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Former Employee Review

Former Employee - Systems Analyst
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst

I worked at Saturn Infotech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot of the programs, gain a lot of experience with Oracle Systems, Take official certifications that can be carried on with other jobs and positions.

Cons

Not really much room for growth in position, not many perks and long working hours. Very little compensation for moving costs or travel. No standard for training

Create a more standardization of the training process, Make the office a bit more professional

Extremely unprofessional and unethical

I worked at Saturn Infotech

Pros

None I can think of. The good reviews for this company are written by the management itself. So don't believe their bogus reviews.

Cons

These guys are very unprofessional. They always talk in their own language. They say to you that we are all a family, but in reality they only want to take advantage of you. Their salary is worst in the market. They only want extort money and make you work hard over-night to gain profit. The management is third-class. There is no such thing as professionalism. Everyone is extremely rude and they lack knowledge. They are all idiots. If you want to waste your time join them. When you receive a call from the recruiters from this company just run-away.

Be professional
    Read books on Business ethics.

Good

Current Intern - Oracle Database Administrator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Intern - Oracle Database Administrator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Saturn Infotech as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It is good to start with and also help the new comers to work together

Cons

Compensation is good and with this can manage the social

Please concentrate to the every part of the company

Work somewhere else if you can!

I worked at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sponsors H1B visa
    High salary - but all IT firms pay high
    Provides accommodation during training period
    CEO is the only nice person here

Cons

Always talking in their own language
    Lies about a lot of things from the beginning!!
    Management is plain rude and you have to run behind people to help you every single time you are stuck, and have to sit for hours till they get free

Be polite and care more about people training there
    CEO is the only reason I gave it 1 star

Not Recommended

Former Employee - IT Consultant in North Wales, PA
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in North Wales, PA

I worked at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learning Opportunities
    Good company for International Employees

Cons

- No Structure in the office in terms of dress code or set hours of work. This lead to a lot of miss communication and made the employees disorganized to potential clients and employees when entering the office
    - Unusual and ineffective form of training. The only training we would receive were through videos which were hard to understand for people who's first language would be English. The accent in the training videos were too thick and often had to be watched several times to understand.
    - Unapproachable management. Signs in front of some employee's cubicles often said "do not enter" at all times and there was often no communication at all between employees giving the sense that it was taboo to interact freely with others in the office.
    - Training often felt like taking a high school class rather than a company of adults because of the way management would treat consultants

Focus on creating an inviting office atmosphere that encourages communication, excitement and a sense of unity between the

Saturn is a good place for self starters to work

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst- Oracle Applications in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst- Oracle Applications in Austin, TX

I have been working at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Saturn is a dynamic, open place to gain experience and challenge yourself. I was hired and learnt the new technology in a short time frame. The work is challenging and schedules are flexible. I have worked at a combination of client sites and Saturn office in North Wales. The project keeps people engaged and informed.

Cons

Our career is in your hands more than most other places, which is good, but for those not used to such a system, there is a learning curve which can be detrimental. There are systems in place to assist you with your career track but the overall approach can be a challenge.

A little more open communication to those you are seeking to bring on to a role and those who are working on your teams would go a long way.

Get to learn a lot about industry as you get to see lot of challenges and help resolve them at different clients.

Current Employee - Hyperion Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Hyperion Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very talented bunch of people to work with

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge if you are travelling

Great place to start a consulting career.

Current Employee - Senior Hyperion Essbase/Planning Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Hyperion Essbase/Planning Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

* Excellent tools, frameworks and methodologies to reference for all types of work
    * Variety of clients and business industries
    * Excellent technical tools and resources
    * 401K match, generous Paid Time Off accrual
    * Bench and Referral Bonus
    * Great thought leader -- publishes good material that strengthens the brand
    * Management constantly re-evaluates the business, organization, and strategy and makes adjustments. i.e. a consulting firm that is self-reflective and dynamic.

Cons

* Many projects are based 100% at the client site, so your work experience at Saturn will be completely based on the team mates (if any) and project leadership. Some good and some not and have poor morale and higher turn-over.
    * Related to above, I noticed that many people would leave for a competing firm and try to be fish in a sea rather than staying and become whale in a pond. (though this is a symptom at many consulting firms-- not just Saturn.)
    * Still a bit of an "old boys" club - if you are out going, sociable and good at networking, you will do fine.

Keep up the good work!!!

Wonderful place to start your career, work and grow

Current Employee - Hyperion Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Hyperion Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Saturn Infotech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for two years now. Great people for the most part, smart and reasonable.

Cons

Like any consulting job, you will have challenges, tough clients and difficult colleagues to work with at times. But it is what you make of it.

We would like you to give us different domain and location experience too. Sometime working in one industry freezes our career growth. We are happy with travel.