Sauder Manufucturing

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Virgil Miller

excellent

ProsThe best work culture ever!

ConsPay at the low end of the pay scale

This place needs to modernize!

Production (Former Employee) Archbold, OH

ProsHours were nice. Most production work is done on day shift, M-F 7am-3pm. Only a a few jobs are on second shift and none on night shift. No Sundays and only a few Saturdays when it is busy in the summer. But most of the summer 10 hours days are required. It is hot and dusty and nasty during the summer!

ConsOld fashioned! They use 15 year old computers and software. Ancient machinery. Don't even have their CNC routers hooked up to a company intranet. They still send the programmers out on the floor with flash drives or floppy disks to load programs for production! No quality department at all. They hire temps thinking it will save them money and it costs them more in rework because parts get made wrong. The pay does not keep up with inflation or health care cost. The safety department is a joke. They do not even bother to forklift certify people. They sent me for training and then let me drive for almost 2 years without ever giving me a driving test and official license. One temp cut the tip of his finger off because they didn't have guards on all the table saws. No excuse for that!

Advice to Senior ManagementModernize! Computers are your friend. Quit wasting time with all the paperwork and computerize it.
    Pay your quality works enough to stay and quit wasting money hiring temps that create waste. Invest in SAWSTOP table saws so no one else loses a finger.

Worked for Sauder Manufucturing? Contribute to the Community!